“Terrible Experience for our Wedding Block”

Hilton Garden Inn Winchester
Ranked #6 of 25 Hotels in Winchester
A TripAdvisor Member
“Terrible Experience for our Wedding Block”
Reviewed 4 November 2013

These complaints are in regards to a wedding block. When setting up our rooms we requested an adjoining room for our wedding party. Upon check in we did not receive an adjoining room and when the staff was asked to resolve the problem they were very rude and said they could not do anything and they would never have guaranteed this request. After being told many times that the issue could not be resolved someone miraculously found two rooms available on the requested floor. Secondly, we had gift bags for our guests. We were also promised that they would receive these upon check in. This did not happen either, I had to ask my guests to go down to the front and ask for the bags. All of my guests had the same response that the service was very poor and they found the staff to be very rude. When I asked who was on our final room block the front desk started reading me names of guests who were not even in my party. The whole experience was very disappointing and the added stress was very discouraging.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
GeneralManager1204, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Winchester, responded to this review, 6 November 2013
Dear TripAdvisor Member,

I am disappointed to hear that you found your experience with our hotel so unsatisfying. Unfortunately, adjoining rooms are not a guaranteed amenity at our property but are a request based on availability. The weekend you stayed with us our hotel was sold out and we were unable to assign adjoining rooms. Our front desk always does their best to honor each guest request and, as we were unable to provide adjoining rooms, we were able to place your rooms next door to each other. I am sorry to hear you did not find this solution acceptable and I am glad to hear that after changing your room type the front desk was able to provide you with adjoining rooms on your requested floor. I am also disappointed to hear that our front desk was unable to provide you with the guest names in your wedding block. Whenever a wedding block is booked at our hotel each bride is given a personalized group web page with a guest list manager that is available online at any time for your access and will list all the rooms booked by your guests.

Please accept my apologies that your weekend with us did not go as you had planned and did not meet your expectations. I appreciate your review of your recent experience at our hotel. In order for our guests to be at their bests, it is imperative that our staff members are at their best, and I hope our staff will learn from this experience and continue to improve.

Thank you for your business and your comments.

Rick.Ferree@Hilton.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Midlothian
Reviewed 4 November 2013

This hotel is up to date, and the staff are excellent. Room and bed comfort were superior. Service in all areas was superior too. The staff members are helpful, professional, and personable. The food, both banquet style and in the restaurant was excellent, even in spite of nearby competing restaurants. I really enjoyed this stay.

1 Thank Thomas S
Dear Thomas S,

Thank you so much for your kind review of our hotel! I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that our staff took such great care of you while you were here. Our in house restaurant is a great feature that we are proud to offer and I’m glad you enjoyed the meals you had while with us both in the restaurant and those prepared by our chef for your banquet. I will be sure to pass along your review to our staff.

Again, thank you for your comments and we look forward to having you back in the future!

Ithaca, United States
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Everything about this stay was perfect.There was not one complaint I could have had.The hotel staff were very professional,and nice.The room was spotless,and the location was easy to find just off the highway.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

Dear Scott C,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us while in Winchester. I know you have many hotel options when staying in the area and want to thank you for your business and taking the time to share your stay. I’m glad to hear you stay was an enjoyable one and that our staff was able to provide such a perfect experience. I hope to see you and your family next time you’re in town!

Alexandria, Va, United States
Reviewed 30 October 2013

I was attending a conference which meets at various cities in Virginia quarterly. Due to the necessary items needed for the conference we have to arrange larger and better hotels. The service at this hotel was great and the staff were more then willing to assist the group in any way possible. Food was also great.

Dear Robert M,

Thank you for your recent stay with us. I am happy to hear that your stay with us was so exceptional. Your review makes all of us at The Hilton Garden Inn smile and it is guests like yourself who keep us motivated to continually provide our best possible service! Thank you for taking the time to write this review and hopefully we’ll being seeing you and your conference again in the future!

Spokane, Washington
Reviewed 26 October 2013

Have stayed here multiple times for business and have always had a great experience with the cleanliness of the rooms and the staff! They go out of their way to make your stay as comfortable as possible.

Room Tip: If you don't want to hear the trash pick up - ask for a room with an even #
Dear PrincessRed1971,

Thank you for your review, we always love hearing back from our guests and your response is greatly appreciated. I'm glad to hear that you continue to return to our hotel when traveling to the area for business and that our staff takes great care of you each time! Our staff truly cares about our guests and their thoughtfulness and attention to detail really sets us apart. Again, thank you for your response and your repeat business. We hope to see you again soon!

alexandria, virginia
Reviewed 25 October 2013

I stayed one evening on business at the HGI Winchester. B/C I am a Diamond member, I was able to get a free upgrade to a suite. The front desk staff were welcoming and informative. My room was clean and comfortable, and the exercise room was updated with a few pieces of equipment and weights. I will definitely return the next time I am doing business in Winchester. I didn't eat breakfast there so I can't comment on the food.

Dear Nikkirae,

Thank you for your recent stay and for sharing you experience. As a Diamond member I know you have a high service standard, we always aim to exceed our guest’s expectations and I am glad our staff took good care of you during your stay. I'm also glad to hear you were able to take advantage of our fitness center while with us and that you found it well appointed.

Thank you for your Hilton loyalty. I hope you will choose us next time you are in Winchester and hopefully you’ll be able to stay and have breakfast with us!

Ayr, Canada
Reviewed 25 October 2013

This was our second stay with our group at this hotel. The facilities here were first rate. The catering manager Bill and his staff went out of their way to make our stay one of the best ever. The food served during our stay was excellent. All of the staff at this hotel were helpful and friendly. Great place to host an event.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Paul H,

Thank you for sharing your feedback about The Hilton Garden Inn Winchester on TripAdvisor. Bill and his banquet staff are a great asset to our team and are continually working hard to makes sure each guest feels welcomed and taken care of. It’s so wonderful to hear that the Chef and his kitchen staff took care of you as well through your meals. I will be sure to pass on your kind words to Bill and the Chef, as well as, the rest of the staff.

Again thank you for your review and your stay. I hope you will stay with us again soon! We'd love to have you back!