“Nice , clean & convenient !”

Hilton Garden Inn Winchester
Ranked #6 of 25 Hotels in Winchester
Reviewed 21 April 2014

The title says it all . Room was wonderful and very clean ! Desk clerk , Rachael , was enthusiastically helpful and the convenience of at least 3 restaurants in walking distance was great . Nice and quiet too . T'was Easter Sunday so their own restaurant was close but Glory Days Grill next door was open and very good - read our review.

Room Tip: Suggest an upper floor to get away from road traffic noise !
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 18 April 2014

Stayed for a week, loved it each night. Room was nice, clean. Good breakfast options cooked to order. Three beers on tap, reasonable pantry prices. Rooms are fairly quite, sometimes can hear the neighbor when they are loud. Excellent helpful staff, comfortable downstairs plaza, business center. There is a 7-11 in same plaza along with a Glory Days restaurant.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I have stayed here half dozen times and have found it above average majority of the time. A clean and quiet room are a priority as well as security. The room was clean but my night was from quiet and feeling of security. Before I get into that I do want to recognize Joshua who was very kind and helpful when I checked in to the hotel. He made feel welcome and was patient. I checked in around 830 pm, after driving 10 + hours. I had to get up the next morning early and drive another 2 hours. All I wanted to do was get a good night's sleep and my room was at the very end of the hall way so should have been peaceful. Except my neighbors started party at 11 pm. Crossing the hallway, yelling, running, and slamming the door constantly. I listened to it for 1.5 hours before I finally called the front desk. The lady, Christine, told me that I would have to be specific who was slamming doors and that if I could go out in the hallway and find out which room than she could help. Really? I am in my nightshirt and a guest and I have to go into the hallway to determine which room is making the noise? After being on the phone with her for 3-4 minutes and telling her the door had been slammed no less than 3 times while we were talking she said I will be right up. I am not sure what happened next except the door slamming did not stop. I went out into the hallway and it was quite clear one of the room was next to mine, the door was being held open using the deadbolt so I could hear the music and conversations. Every time they ran across the hall the door would slam and shake our shared walled. This went on until 2 am. I came very close to packing up and leaving but I was so tired from driving all day. When I checked out the next morning, nobody asked how my stay was but I told the young lady that I had better stays there. And when she just looked at me, I explained what happened. Her response...nothing. No apology, no offer of trying to make it right. So much for the 100% satisfaction. Will I stay here again.... most likely I will give it a second chance. I travel thru the area often and it has been a comfortable room in the past. The ugly...the shower heads; water deposits build up and poor water pressure.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank IsabellaKY63
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Not only did Michelle' help us print out directions, but she recommended restaurants - and was helpful throughout our stay. The staff could not have been nicer. We can't complain about anything except that we wish we could have had something other than paper cups for an alcoholic drink in our room before dinner. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We were on the fourth floor and our view was lovely ... except when it was rainy!!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 April 2014

The Winchester Hilton Garden Inn is clean and the people there are very friendly. My wife and I own property just across the border in WV and are slowly but surely building on it. We stay here whenever we drive out to check on it. We've been coming here regularly for almost two years and have never had a problem. In my most recent stay I forgot a personal item. The staff found it and was more than happy to return it to me. They charged the postage to my credit card but that is a small price to pay for what I left. I might not have got it back at all in another hotel. We get a Gov't discount so the price is pretty good. They have a BUNCH of movie channels. I think they have about 7 different channels for HBO alone. I gave an average rating on the location for two reasons: (1) It isn't on Hwy 81. That would be very convenient. Instead, you have to work your way into town. I'm used to it now so no problems anymore. (2) There is a train track behind the hotel and a train comes through every once in a while. It's still worth it to find a such a great place and we will continue to give them our business. The only other problem I have with the place is that I cringe when I think there's a possibility that Paris Hilton might actually get some of my money. Oh well.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 March 2014

It's kind of like when you go shopping at Bloomingdales, Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus etc. The employees walk around the counter and hand you your bag as they say thank you. Hilton is like that. Very high end. Josh went above and beyond to make everything perfect. Josh's customer service at The Hilton is above and beyond other places I have stayed recently. The ammenties and service at The Hilton are outstanding!

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank FlyBry72
Reviewed 24 March 2014

I have made several visits to this area for work since Dec 2013. The staff is so nice. The hotel is also clean and welcoming. I love the coffee/wine/snacks right at the lobby entrance. The food at the hotel is delicious and that is rare. I have not had a sinlge thing I havent liked for dinner. Yet, the steak is prepared amazing! Breakfast is always made to order. It's a short wait, but worth it.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business