“Contemporary Euro Style Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of aloft Winchester

aloft Winchester
Ranked #14 of 25 Hotels in Winchester
Silver Spring MD
“Contemporary Euro Style Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2011

This hotel reminded me of a contemporary hotel I stayed in when in London (only cheaper). I really liked the modern decor and the bed was the most comfortable bed I think I have ever slept in! My only complaint was that it was noisy (loud music from a room on the 5th floor). Room needs more sound proofing.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Georgespicer
Josh R, Manager at aloft Winchester, responded to this review, 14 September 2011
Georgespicer,

Thank you for your recent stay with us. We enjoy when our guest review our property after their visit so we can see how we are doing. I'm glad you could see the value of staying with us.

I apologize for the noise that you heard. Please let us know of this the next time you stay so we can handle to problem for you and you can continue to sleep on that great bed!

Thank you for your stay and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Josh

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2011

As very frequent travelers we weren't expecting this type of hotel in a small town like Winchester, but we were pleasantly surprised during our 3 night stay. The rooms aren't large, but the layout is smart with modern styling. The blackout curtains are the best I've ever seen (as an RN who is usually switching between schedules this is an important variable to catching up on sleep). There is an HDMI input jack if you want to hook your laptop up to the giant flat screen (boyfriend loved this) for movie watching or using the free WIFI on the big screen. The bed was comfortable with good linens. Best of all, the place is pet friendly and has grass out front for your pooch! With multiple entrances every parking space (and there were plenty) were close. We didn't take advantage of the fitness center, but it had everything needed for a good workout with plenty of cardio and resistance machines as well as free-weights. The indoor pool is small, and frequently overrun with squealing children (but that's to be expected I suppose). As mentioned in other reviews, the bath products are good quality and dispensed in permanent fixtures rather than single use bottles. The only negative thing was when the staff lost our trip-extension information during shift change and we had to check-in twice when the housekeeper woke me up during a nap telling me to go downstairs and make a new reservation. PS There is not one, but three asian buffets across the street if you don't want to venture far for a meal.

Room Tip: There's not really such a thing as a
1 Thank AdventureRN83
AdventureRN83,

Thank you so much for your comments! We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay. The rooms are designed for efficient production and quality for each guest.

I eat at the asian buffets you speak of weekly! Between the fresh sushi on the buffet to the chicken and even the desserts you can't miss trying them while here on your stay. Also, we are only a couple minutes from downtown which has several great eateries.

Thanks again for your stay! Can't wait to see you again.

Josh
Oberlin, Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2011

Wow, this place has great euro-style. We loved the room, the layout and the bathroom. The hotel kind of stands out in a rather low class neighborhood. What was really low class were the two employees we dealt with. I can't believe a place with this much style would hire people without any style. The bartender/bellhop was either drunk or stoned beyond belief! The desk girl would offer to take action only when pushed. The breakfast area was devoid of food. This Aloft has exciting but very poor execution!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Ed W
Ed,

I want to thank you for your review. I am glad you enjoyed the unique style that Aloft provides. We pride ourselves on the hotels high quality appearance and cleanliness.

As for your comments on service. We have addressed those issues. We take the service of our guest very seriously. What you received for service was not typical of our hotel and we have taken steps to make sure it doesn't happen to another guest. The bartender that you experienced that night is no longer with Aloft. His behaviour was unprofessional and very un-Aloft like. I want to apologize for that. Also, I have done a coach and counsel with the front desk agent that was working, so that if this ever occurs again, it will be handled professionally and timely.

Once again, I thank you for your business and I hope you give Aloft Winchester another chance to show you our great service. Please feel free to contact me directly with any questions or concerns you might have.

Thanks,

Colonial Heights, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2011

This is a modern hotel located in the heart of Winchester. We got a really good rate on our room, much lower than other hotels in the area. Decor is very modern and nice, clean hotel. Pool is very small, but is indoor.

Trumpets2,

We want to thank you for staying with us at Aloft. We greatly appreciate your business and your comments about our property.

We take great pride in our cleanliness of the hotel. We were ranked in the top 5 for Aloft hotels in room cleanliness last year and we still are. We have a great housekeeping staff with great leaders that have a passion for our property and take pride in their work.

Thank you for your business.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2011

This hotel is a step up from most along the Interstates. It has a funky modern feel (as do most W type hotels), and has very modern European type rooms. Not huge but well designed and practical. Good value too (I spent two nights, both booked and paid in advance at $75 and $84). This place is excellent value, has a bar, pool table area, pool, large exercise room, and very friendly staff. No free breakfast but for me that's not an issue since most of them I don't go for anyway. Would recommend this spot.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
LRider,

Thank you for your comments. It is so great to hear when a guest that we have enjoys their stay. We aren't your typical interstate hotel as you experienced. We are uniquely european in style, and professionally hospitable.

I'd also like to point out that the pool table is FREE! Its one of the great value items that guest talk about when they stay.

Thank you again for staying with us, and Aloft Winchester can't wait for you to return.

Thanks,

Fairfax, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2011

Absolutely loved this hotel!! It we easy access right onto Rt. 50 and the service is amazing! This place is very green and eco-friendly. It's a very chic hotel! Very well kept! The price was great too! I had stayed with my husband on a trip and it's just the right amount of space for two people. (We stayed in a King room 285 sq ft) The bed is one of the best beds I've ever stayed at in a hotel! I was extremely pleased and not knowing what to expect I was completely shocked at how amazing this hotel is! Best hotel for the Best price!! Definitely staying there again!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
aloftGM2010, General Manager at aloft Winchester, responded to this review, 17 August 2011
Thank you for your review! We love to hear that you enjoyed our aloft hotel! We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in winchester!
concord,nc,usa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2011

Great weekend rate of $80. friendly staff, but only 2 people for the whole place! Good location right off I 81

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
aloftGM2010, Manager at aloft Winchester, responded to this review, 17 August 2011
It's great having guest stay that enjoy the aloft hotel! Thank you for your review and we look forward to seeing you the next time you are traveling in this area.