“Ok for a night or two”
Review of Towne Place Suites

Towne Place Suites
Ranked #15 of 25 Hotels in Winchester
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Location what this hotel has going for. It's right next to I-81 and Route-7, so easy to get to, but aside from that it's your standard fare. There's a pool on the grounds, small gym, and area for the daily free breakfast (continental fare). Also has a small snack closet/mart by the reception desk. The nightly rate includes breakfast and wifi which is nice. Rooms come with fridge/freezer, kitchenette, working desk, etc.. Layout is ok, but as stated by other travelers the walls are definitely not soundproof in any sense, so you do hear everything the neighbors are up to. It is what it is. Staff was very polite. It's ok for hanging your hat for a night or two when passing through, but not the best if you're planning to be in town for longer.

Parking is free and there are a few restaurants located closeby across the parking lots in the shopping center areas (Waffle House, Little Caesars, Starbucks, etc.).

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Traveler O

Reviewed 15 June 2014

My recent stay here started off ok. Then it all began to fall apart. First off, the ceilings/floors are made out of what seems to me cardboard. You literally hear every single step the person above you makes. You can actually hear them walk from the kitchen to the bathroom as the ceiling squeaks and sounds as if it's going to fall in. No need for a wake up call, as the maids will promptly awake you each morning around 8am as they allow doors to slam over and over hitting the latch to keep door open as they go in and out to clean. I finally got over all of this..then received a text from coworker staying in same hotel that she was moving to another floor because of a mouse in her room. I laughed at her thinking it was because she stayed on 1st floor. Then came midnight, I awoke to the sound of my rolled up Doritos bag being invaded...by what...my very own mouse, who had no problem making himself at home on the couch where the Doritos laid. Grossed out I called to be moved. No other rooms available. Needless to say I got no sleep and stayed up all night packing my bags. The receptionist was great though, she came up and tried her best to help me catch Mickey Mouse. We failed.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Travelingman601
jose h, General Manager at Towne Place Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience. Your comments indicate that you had a number of areas in which we failed to meet your expectations for which I sincerely apologize. I have forwarded your comments to the appropriate department heads that are certain to take the corrective steps needed to improve their areas.

Please know that your experience is not the norm and we work hard to make every guest experiece memorable.

Jose Herrera

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Our family has been going to Winchester for more than 10 years and we have previously been quite happy with this hotel. In fact we stay there at least twice per year. Our last stay in 2013 was disappointing in that we did not get towels delivered to our room after they cleaned so we had to go to the front desk to get them. But, we thought, mix-ups happen so no real issue. Our most recent trip in June of 2014 however was quite disappointing. We did not get room service on our second day there, and they did not pick up the old towels (so we had to take the dirty towels down and exchange them ourselves for new towels), there was a dirty sock (from a previous guest) still under the bed in one of the rooms, and an empty juice container on one of the chairs in the living area that also belonged to a previous guest, which scares me a bit when you think are they really cleaning the rooms at all, and our garbage was not emptied any of the 3 days we were there. I reported it nicely to the front desk and she made notes but never offered even a verbal apology. I am doubtful we will be returning here on our next trip. Such a shame since previous stays had been so nice. Maybe it is a change of management; but, I wish they would correct it.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
jose h, General Manager at Towne Place Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience at the TownePlace Suites Winchester with us. We apologize for your disappointing stay.

Your observations are very helpful in our pursuit of guest satisfaction. Marriott strives to be a leader in customer service, and comments from guests such as yourself allow us to make improvements. We have forwarded your comments to the hotel's Executive Office for review and possible implementation.

We value your loyalty to the Marriott brand. Please accept our sincere apologies for this disappointing experience, and we hope that you will allow us the opportunity to regain your confidence with Marriott hotels.

Jose Herrera

Reviewed 4 June 2014

We stayed for one night while on business in Winchester. the hotel is nice and quiet, the beds are nice and comfy, the rooms are nice and clean. all very very nice. a standard noon checkout is also a nice feature. the property is very close to I-81, it could stand to be better marked though. breakfast was good, we expected breakfast to be a bit more like residence inn than sleep inn, but that does not mean that it was bad. would stay here again for sure.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Jonathan K
Reviewed 26 May 2014

My family stayed here for a baseball tournament. I get a little nervous staying at the discount brand hotels - it seems you never know what you are going to get. But this place is fine. Rooms are really small but we were only in the room to sleep. The knob on the shower needed fixing but we were able to manage. I am a Rewards member and the staff was kind enough to give us a late checkout. I'd stay here again if I were traveling for the same reasons. BTW, they do allow pets and we had some barking dogs in the middle of the night.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank lrg37
Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

Always stay at the TPS when driving on I-81. Since they are suites with a kitchen we often shop for food at the Martins across the way and prepare our meal at the hotel. There is also a gas station in the plaza along with a Starbucks and a few other small eating establishments. Workout room is small but adequate.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I stayed here traveling back home from a business trip. I checked in at 9:40pm. The front desk employee was very friendly and quickly got me registered. When I walked down the hall to the elevator, I started to notice the hotel was in need of attention. White walls and doors had dark smudges around the handles or even hand prints. The buttons on the elevator were smudged by oily fingerprints. When I got to my room, it smelled like stale cigarette smoke...in a non-smoking room. The ottoman which had pleather sides was cracking and showed a lot of wear. The bed was comfy, the a/c worked, and I had hot water so I had what I needed. The hotel does need some Spring Cleaning.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
jose h, General Manager at Towne Place Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

We are sorry to hear this. Please be assured that this is a rare occurrence; our associates are always encouraged to uphold our "Spirit To Serve" to ensure they are providing our guests with cleanliness and the type of service normally associated with Marriott. Thank you for your feedback. We do hope to serve you again in the future.