“Good food, but at what cost?”
Review of Chop Stick Cafe - MOVED

Chop Stick Cafe
Price range: US$10 - US$19
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: chop stick cafe serve asian fusion thai sushi Japanese Korea Chinese and Vietnam we have little bit of everything for everyone made from fresh ingredients and made by order now we just move to new location across from the old location
Detroit, Michigan
“Good food, but at what cost?”
Reviewed 29 August 2014

I dido the remarks mentioned by another reviewer. I've been to this place many times over the last year and felt highly disappointed this go around and probably worth giving people my take on their excellent rating. This time I was really disappointed in the lax service, cold food, and I had to ask for the bill and a to-go box because I never saw my waitress after she delivered our food. She was busy talking at the end of the sushi counter with other employees.

On the great side - They make the BEST fried sushi! This is truly a delight and can't be found just anywhere. I also think their sushi and meals in general are worth 4.5 stars or at least a solid 4. Their selection of craft beers are good and have delicious looking house made desserts.

As for the atmosphere, it is a whole in the wall (literally) and looks like a cheap dump. The parking is sketchy near the restaurant or you have to feed the parking meter down the street. That doesn't generally bother me if the food and service is great, but I'm thought you might want to know if you are thinking this restaurant is new-date worthy. Also, it's very tight and not a place I would recommend bringing a family. It's really best for 2 or 3 people at most. The service is really hit or miss as far as attentive servers and if you are bothered in the least about a male acting more feminine than any woman you will ever meet or a tattooed, piercings, blue haired waitress, than this will not be for the old-fashion or conservative folks.

• Visited August 2014

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best kept secret in town(not for long)”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Don't let the old outside of this corner delite fool you, the small interior is well magnified by the ecclectic mix of Thai and Asian, all just incredible. The sushi is the best around, near and far, made in front of you with locally accented names, and awesome additions such as seafood! I try to eat here 2-3 times a month, it's my new grub go to in Winchester!

1 Thank Sandy L
“Great! Again!”
Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

We have eaten at Chop Stick more than a dozen times. We took a couple of friends there for their first experience and it was delightful to show them the great food and service.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank Lee J
Riverside, California
1,186 restaurant reviews
“Great potential but not good this time”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I see that this place has great reviews...almost too great based on my experience. The service was horrible and the food was mixed. It took more than 30 minutes to deliver the meals and one of them had clearly been sitting for half that time. When I told the server that time was running short, we needed a box and the check, she assured me that she would help. She didn't. I had to get the box myself after waiting another 10 minutes. If we had a good server, I think things would have been 4 stars.

2 Thank Kauai-Biz-Traveler
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Great food just outside the old town.”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Just two blocks off the main pedestrian mall is this great blend of asian with a litStle extra thrown in (like the pie!). My wife and I had the thai curry and the basil chicken. It was surprisingly good. Prices are good and the portions large. Spend the extra 4 minutes walking to this restaurant and enjoy the flavors.