“stopping on the way home”
Review of Sleep Inn & Suites

Sleep Inn & Suites
Ranked #10 of 25 Hotels in Winchester
Reviewed 27 April 2012

We were to tired to drive to Greencastle,Pa. from Tenn. Very clean , best bed I slept in a long time. The brekfast was good too. I checked the bed and found no bugs. The area is nice to visit too.

Room Tip: We slept in king bed and it was huge. Don't worry what floor you are on the have an elevator an...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank travelwithm

Reviewed 4 April 2012

Even though the hotel was nice in itself; appeared clean and neat. They had bedbugs. They bit my 8-year-old and upon removing the headboard, you found many crawling around. It wasn't just in one room but another guests as well. The manager said it wasn't true and it must have been carried from home or another hotel, but the maids said they do have them. Stay somewhere else! It will be worth the extra $$$ spent!

Room Tip: don't pick this hotel
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Gwen D
Reviewed 31 March 2012

Good clean room at a good price. Breakfest was good. Staff was polite.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank JohnnyPopper
Reviewed 25 March 2012

We stay here every time we head South. About a 7 hr. drive from our home. The staff are very friendly, Hotel is clean, rooms are clean and beds are comfortable. Breakfast is free and breakfast area is a good size. It is in a very good location with Costco across the road and a Golden Corral beside. Would recommend this hotel for people staying in the area. Easy on and off I-81. We stayed here in Feb. on our way to Florida and in March on our way back.

Room Tip: It is a quiet area so I believe any room would be good.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ROBBJOHN
Reviewed 5 March 2012

I called to make a reservation. Room was available. But, I was not told this was a smoking room.We had two grandchildren so after an hour or two of the smoke smell, moving would have been pretty difficult. I just assumed....Room was of good size. We liked the kitchen and frig. I learned that you must ask about smoking! Nasty! I will look elsewhere next time. Somehow, I just can't get past this odor. I wish I had been told this before I secured the room.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank trandjo
Reviewed 19 February 2012

We stayed with our two teenage grandkids. We appreciated having a downstairs room next to the pool and only one door down to the breakfast room. Quiet room. Very clean. Super nice check out lady, Ms. Watson. Breakfast was enough with boiled eggs, sausage, hot and cold cereal, waffles,yogurt, juice, pastries, coffee, hot chocolate or tea. Also fresh fruit. Ultra modern dining room tables and chairs. No problems at all. Would stay again.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank myajenna
Reviewed 28 November 2011

I stayed overnight after a business meeting, using a Choice Hotel Reward night. The first room I was given was clean, but tiny. The king sized bed seem to take up most of the room. When I turned my computer on to get some important work done, I turned the heat on as well. The fan had a very loud squeal that persisted whether on low or high setting. Unable to concentrate on my work, I informed the front desk of the problem. They immediately moved me to a new room - much larger, nicer, and no squeal in the fan. While there was someone above me who was pacing back and forth until about 10 pm, you can't have everything at a motel.
Both of the front desk staff I dealt with were highly professional and friendly.
However, overall the basic rooms are just average or slightly below average for the price. I had to use 10000 Choice reward points for the room which is worth about a hundred dollars. The out of pocket cost would have been about 70.00 if paying by credit card or cash.

Room Tip: I suggest checking out the fan unit when you first arrive in the room to make sure it is working pro...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business