Stayed at this Sleep Inn in July 2012. Since we travel a lot through the area, I try to stay in different hotels. Booked our room through Choice Privileges. On arrival we saw many cars and bikes on the parking lot, it seemed to be a busy property. The price was very nice, we paid only $ 77 with tax. I do not think one will find a mid-scale hotel for this price along I-81. Most places charge around $ 99 - 109. We decided to stay at this hotel because of the indoor swimming pool, the fact they do not accept pets, close to the interstate and comments from Tripadvisor.com. When we arrived it was almost 6:00 pm, there were two receptionists behind the counter - a lady and a young man. They were very friendly and knowledgeable. Young man even informed us where to park our vehicle to be able to see it from our room. That was a really nice touch! Before we went to our room, they counted amenities and showed the breakfast place, business center, exercise room and pool. Room was clean, had two beds. Four pillows on each. The interesting thing about the room it was cool, the air conditioner unit was on. That was a great thing especially on hot days like that. When I went downstairs to bring my bags, the gentleman behind the desk offered his help. He took my bags and on the way to my room showed the location of ice and coke machines. My room was on 3rd floor, so I did not have to go downstairs for ice. The TV was an old style but had many channels. Bathroom was well lit, however there were not enough towels for two adults and a kid. Had to call and ask them to bring another set. Our room had a small coffee maker with a metal carafe, white microwave, black fridge, a couple of coffee cups. Beds were clean and very comfortable. No strange smells. Pillows were regular size. No big deal, almost the same size in every other hotel. It was a quite night.
Next morning we went to pool, it was very warm in the pool area. I had to open the side door to have some fresh air. Water temperature was decent. I need to point out that the floor near the elevator is very slippery. Be very careful when coming out of the pool area.
Breakfast area looked very modern with nice colors. Only cons are the chairs, they were really hard to sit for a longer time. Tables were little smaller for a family of three people. Coffee was nice and plenty, the only problem - only one type of creamer. We enjoyed hot waffles and yogurt. I can not say it was a 100% hot breakfast. Did not eat sausages, as I believe it must be a processed meat.
Did not have chance to use their business center or the exercise room. Used wireless Internet, worked well, no issues.
We were checked out by a very nice lady in a very formal uniform. Despite the uniform, she was very cheerful. However she did not have a name tag. For our compliments about our nice stay, fast check in and nice associates, she informed us that she knows ladies only work behind the desk. For our question who was the man, she smiled and said that must be the general manager and handed the business card with manager's name Beck Kasymbekov.
Overall we liked our stay at this hotel and would definitely return back. It was a great experience to see such a nice and smiling people, and especially the general manager who offered his help like a regular employee. We were truly impressed by their service.
One thing to note, I did not check if the hotel allowed smoking in the rooms. It seems like Virginia is becoming a smoke free area. :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sleep Inn & Suites hotel in Winchester VA near Shenandoah UniversityThe Sleep Inn & Suites® hotel is conveniently located in the charming town of Winchester, less than one mile from Shenandoah University. This Winchester VA hotel is close to the Winchester Medical Center, the Winchester Regional Airport, Dinosaur Land theme park and Summit Point Raceway.For history buffs, the Winchester area is home to George Washington's Office Museum, the Stonewall Jackson House, the Stonewall Jackson Museum at Hupp's Hill, the Old Court House Civil War Museum, the historic Belle Grove Plantation and Cedar Creek Battlefield.For shoppers, Millwood Crossing, a renovated apple-packing warehouse, is home to several specialty shops, galleries and apple products. Visitors will enjoy an array of restaurants and cocktail lounges located in the surrounding area.Guests of this Winchester VA hotel will wake up each morning to a Free Morning Medley Hot Breakfast, including hard-boiled eggs, hot and cold cereals, Danishes, assorted breads and muffins, fresh Belgian waffles, fresh fruits, juice and, of course, the selective coffee.The hotel also offers additional amenities and features, such as free local calls, free weekday newspapers and free wireless high-speed Internet access.For a special treat, take a dip in the indoor heated pool. To keep everyone in shape, the on-site fitness center features a variety of cardiovascular and weight training equipment.Those traveling on business will appreciate conveniences like data ports, voice-mail, telephones and the business center, complete with computer, Internet access and fax and copy machines.All tastefully decorated guest rooms come equipped with coffee makers, hair dryers, irons, ironing boards and cable television with HBO. All rooms feature additional amenities like microwaves and refrigerators. Whirlpool suites and handicap accessible and non-smoking rooms are also available.Coin-operated laundry facilities and valet cleaning services are provided for guest convenience. The Sleep Inn & Suites hotel provides friendly customer service, relaxing accommodations and affordable rates to all types of travelers.We look forward to your visit. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Choice Hotels, Expedia, Ebookers, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Sleep Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sleep Inn Hotel Winchester
- Sleep Inn , Inn And Suites
- Sleep Inn Winchester
- Winchester Sleep Inn