“Not the best Fairfield, but ok!”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Winchester
Ranked #11 of 25 Hotels in Winchester
Panama City, Florida, United States
“Not the best Fairfield, but ok!”
Reviewed 11 August 2013 via mobile

Let me start by saying that we say at Fairfield Inn's quite often (about 60% of our traveling). We normally stay because they are always clean, always have great beds and they are in general a nice hotel for the price! However I should of said almost always. The hotel here in Winchester is mediocre, and the worst one we have personally stayed at. The beds are old and hard, the bathroom was not clean as there were hairs and other things left behind from previous guests. The room was extremely hot and smelled terribly when we entered. The staff is friendly and helpful, it is in a good location right off the interstate and has plenty to eat nearby! Ok for a quick night but I wouldn't want to stay longer than one short night!

• Stayed August 2013
Carolyn B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Winchester, responded to this review, 2 September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at The Fairfield Inn & Suites. We certainly in no way want our guests to leave unhappy.

First, I want to say I truly appreciate your comment about the service you received from our
hotel staff being friendly and helpful (they appreciate your kind words).

As I continued reading your comments about the guest room beds are not comfortable to your satisfaction, the guest bathroom and guest bedroom were not cleaned properly. I want to take this time to apologize for what you have experienced at our property. I have addressed your concerns with the staff and we would like to extend the offer to welcome you back for a more pleasurable experience.

If your future travel plans should bring you back into the area. I hope you will give us an opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Best regards,

Best regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Fredericksburg, Virginia
Reviewed 8 August 2013

Friendly and helpful desk upon arrival; room clean and comfortable;bathroom clean and well stocked;free breakfast very satisfactory stocked with food items and staff helpful; quiet rooms and beds comfortable; felt secure during visit; parking area well lighted; check out smooth and no suprises over all a good experience.

Room Tip: High floors are always our choice facing away from traffic side if possible
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for visiting us again and for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. We are glad to hear you had a wonderful stay. My staff and I look forward seeing you again. We appreciate your comments about our friendly and helpful front desk staff and clean guest rooms.

Warm regards,

Marco Island, Florida
Reviewed 3 August 2013 via mobile

This is one of the worst run Marriott properties that I have encountered. This is saying a lot since I have over 1300 lifetime stays at various Marriott properties. At breakfast there was not a single coffee cup, fork, or knife in the breakfast area. We left the property at 9:30 am and returned at 3:30 to find our room not serviced. Only after going to the front desk, a little after 4:00 pm, did a housekeeper arrive. Then we sat around waiting for her to service our room. STAY SOMEWHERE ELSE.

Stayed August 2013
1 Thank ALR_Marco

I've read your comments about our breakfast bar not having enough supplies during breakfast and your guest room wan't serviced until late afternoon. I do apologize for what you have experienced at our property this is not the level of service we provide to our guests.

My staff and I truly believe in keeping our Marriott promises to our guests and I assure you these issues have been addressed. If your travels should bring you back into the Winchester area I hope you will give us an opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Best Regards,

Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed 29 July 2013

As noted by some other reviewers, front desk staff were not always readily available, time of day did not seem to make a difference. To check in, after waiting a while, called out "is anyone here?" Once available, they did their job. Breakfast was Fairfield Inn which offered some variety and some freshly cooked items. Staff here were very pleasant. Hotel seems to be set up for business guests with only tables and chairs in area where lobby TV and fireplace are located. Missed having comfortable furniture to have morning and after dinner coffee. There was someone on the desk when we went to check out and he seemed interested in our how our stay was and that we might return. Since we need an accessible room, he made suggestions about ways to make the reservation for future visits. We did not have a problem making a reservation for an accessible room on the Marriott web site. Even though located near interstate, you do not hear the highway noise but do hear noise from the hall way and showers.

AKRON, OH
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Hotel is newer and nice and clean. The front desk service at check in & check out left a lot to be desired. At check in no one was at the desk and once he finally showed up he was not the most personable person. At check out again, no one at desk. The breakfast was complimentary and as in most Marriott locations was decent.

1 Thank SIPNSMILE
Bushkill, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 24 July 2013 via mobile

I didn't book this room as I am a "Hilton girl". So I was pleasantly surprised. The room was a little small but adequate. Bed very comfortable. Service was fabulous! Breakfast mediocre. Coffee mediocre. Having the laundry there was a huge plus. And again service was great.

• Stayed July 2013
Sayreville, New Jersey
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Stayed here for one night, on July 19th. Pulled up to the front of hotel and had to wait for the car in front of the main door to move to unload my luggage. What got me angry was that it looked like the car was being sold and they were showing it right in front of the main door.. WHO DOES THAT??

I asked for 3 towels never got it. 4 of us had to use 2 towels.
The bathroom door would not close
Our room door would not close unless 2 people pushed it shut.
The TV in the room was not working properly.

Being a Marriott GOLD member I expected better.

Free breakfast was not bad... Oatmeal, eggs, bacon, cereal, bagels, make your own fresh waffles, yogurt and some fresh fruits.

Over all its not a bad hotel if you are driving thru town and need a place to stay, it will suffice. Could be better if some of the small inconveniences are addressed.

Room Tip: If you are staying in room 238 make sure the issues I noted in review are fixed.