Fairfield Inn & Suites Winchester
Country Inn
US$144
US$122
Hampton.com
Sleep Inn & Suites(Winchester)(Great Value!)
US$59
Courtyard
US$119
US$113
  • Pool
All reviewsfront deskwafflesfree breakfastwould stay here againthe breakfast areacracker barrelnice breakfastnice roomfirst floorvery nice hoteleasy accessinterstatecostcocerealinnskeyschain
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 September 2013

All the staff were courteous and helpful, the breakfast was great and overall, not a bad stay. However, it looked as if mold was beginning to form at the joining of the tub and shower enclosure and the water pressure was bad. The worst part is that the building faces an intersection where the fire station was only about two hundred yards away. As a result, I was awakened several times at night (I'm a heavy sleeper) by the emergency vehicles blasting their horns as they were clearing the intersection, meaning that the siren blast was only about 50 yards from my window. If I were to come there for a stay and the only room available was on the front of the building, I would go elsewhere. Also, the mattress felt like a board with a little padding on it.

Room Tip: If you don't get a room on the back side of the building, go elsewhere.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Carolyn B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Winchester, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at The Fairfield Inn & Suites. We certainly in no way want our guest to leave unhappy. I apologize to hear about the issues you had during your stay with us.

We truly believe in keeping our Marriott promises to our guests and I assure you these issues will be corrected. I appreciate your comments on the friendly and courteous service you received from the hotel staff and your great breakfast experience. I hope we will have an opportunity to regain your confidence in the future.

If your future travel plans should bring you back into the area. Please ask for me directly so I can personally make your reservation and accommodate to your needs.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 28 August 2013

We have stayed at several Marriott brand hotels & have always known what to expect in our view they have always been consistently good, we stayed here as a one night stop over on our way to drive The Skyline Drive through Shenandoah National Park, the hotel was close to both the Front Royal entrance to the Park & the Family Drive in Movie Theatre in Stevens City, VA, so it was ideal for us.
The hotel was nicely presented externally, in a good location close to Winchester & several restaurants nearby, we were upgraded to a suite ,this has happened a few times & it’s always nice as I have been a Marriott rewards member for several years & they always mention that’s the reason for the upgrade, front desk staff were very friendly & made us feel welcome ,our suite was very nice ,fresh & well maintained, as I said you kind of know what to expect from Marriott hotels, we slept well & would return ourselves & recommend to anyone .

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Carolyn B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Winchester, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2013

Thank you for choosing our property for your lodging accommodations. I am glad to hear you had a wonderful stay. I appreciate your comments about our front desk staff being very friendly (made you felt welcome) and our executive suite was very nice, fresh & well maintained. I look forward to having you as a guest again.

Reviewed 21 August 2013

We stayed here for one night on our way back from Tennessee. The Mrs. booked the room on the Marriott Android app while on the road and she said it was pretty easy. We had a decent enough room but the king bed was oddly slanted and pretty springy. I felt like i was going to roll off. Breakfast was a little sparse and, of course, no hot water for our tea. Stone cold water. I really like tea in the morning. We ended up leaving a little earlier than planned and a lot hungrier.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at The Fairfield Inn & Suites. We certainly in no way want our guests to leave unhappy.

As I read your comments I do want to take this time to apologize about breakfast bar area not having hot water available to you. My staff and I believe in keeping our Marriott promises to our guests and I assure you we have corrected this issue.

If your travels should bring you back into the Winchester area; I hope you will give us an opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 11 August 2013

We had three rooms for three couples. Our room was clean but hot and had a odor when we arrived. We put the A.C. on and left to go to dinner. When we returned, room was cool and odor was gone. The bed was firm but comfortable, pillow was too flat. The shower had great water pressure. The continental breakfast was of large variety, scrambled eggs needed the shredded cheese provided for topping. The sausage was greasy but overall food was good. The front desk gave one of our couples a tooth brush, tooth paste and deodorant that they forgot at no charge. The pool and hot tub were small, closed early at 10pm. We attempted to use at 9pm, however, pool was full of screaming kids so we sat outside and talked instead. I did not see the workout room but one couple used it. Our room was on the third floor, very loud traffic noise while trying to sleep- lots of sirens, ambulances? The rate was AAA $95. Overall, it served it's purpose for one night. I would return but only for one night, would not stay longer than that. Restaurants nearby.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

We appreciate your comments about our property and chosen Marriott for your lodging accommodations and I hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 11 August 2013 via mobile

room clean, staff very nice, breakfast good,overall very nice hotel. when we checked in the girl at the front desk was very nice. nice location. really enjoyed the fitness room got a good workout. the only problem was the bed was alittle hard but the room was reallynice

• Stayed: July 2013

Thank you for choosing the Fairfield Inn & Suites, Winchester VA for your lodging accommodations. My staff and I appreciate your kind words and we really hope to see you on your next visit.