“New looking Fairfield Inn”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Winchester
Ranked #11 of 25 Hotels in Winchester
Bristow, Virginia
“New looking Fairfield Inn”
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Newer hotel that is nice and clean. It is exactly what they advertise and what you would expect at a Fairfield Inn. Not fancy but clean and predicable. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The free breakfast was better than most and well maintained.

Green Features: We have a plug-in hybrid and the staff helped us find an outside plug. If you need an outside electric plug it is around the side of the building next to an air conditioning unit.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Carolyn B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Winchester, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Thank you for choosing the Fairfield Inn & Suites, Winchester VA for your lodging accommodations. My staff and I appreciate your kind words and we really hope to see you on your next visit.

Carolyn Brown

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
NC
Reviewed 19 January 2014

The reviews I read worried me, but I had free hotel points, and I've liked every Fairfield Inn to date. Check in went great, quick and nice greeting. Cookies awaited. Hotel seems clean. The pool is down (will be up Tuesday), but we were not in the mood anyhow (freezing outside). Room is nice and clean. We enjoyed watching HGTV mainly. Breakfast was stanard for fairfield inn, and the hostess was very nice. 8 thumbs up here!

Room Tip: Call ahead about pool and hot tub.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Carolyn B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Winchester, responded to this review, 24 January 2014
Thank you for visiting us and for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. We are glad to hear you had a wonderful stay. We appreciate your comments about our front desk experiencing a great check in upon arrival and the nice service you received from our Breakfast Hostess.
My staff and I look forward seeing you again.

Emerald Isle, North Carolina
Reviewed 16 January 2014

After arriving, we found out the hotel had broken pipe and half of the hotel was flooded but we did get the room we requested. No mention of this when I made the reservation the day before. Both sink and tub drains had an issue with slow draining. Went to breakfast and it was not ready at 6:30am. Could not wait for setup. Went to check out and no one at the desk. Had to leave the keys on the desk and couldn't inform the desk of the drain issues..

Room Tip: Choose a room away from Rt.81. Trucks run all night and is very noisy.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your most recent experience at The Fairfield Inn & Suites, Winchester VA. We truly value your comments and we apologize that we did not meet your expectations.

Providing our guests with the best possible hospitality and service has always been our mission. I have addressed your concerns with the staff and we would like to extend the offer to welcome you back to for a more pleasurable experience.

If your future travel plans should bring you back into the area. Please ask for me directly so I can personally make your reservation and accommodate to your needs.

Finger Lakes Region
Reviewed 3 January 2014

We were very disappointed the hot tub was out of service when we stayed on Jan 2, 2014. The availability of a hot tub was a "must have" on our hotel selection criteria. We had seen another reviewer mention the same disappointment in December, but we also read the manager's response and assurance that the problem had been resolved. We used the pool anyway even though it was fairly cold. My husband had a problem with his key card not opening the door for the pool room. In the process of "fixing" the problem with the keycard the agent that "helped" my husband apparently disabled both of our cards so that once we were done with the pool we got back to our room and weren't able to get in. My husband had to go back to the front desk again while my 3 year old, my 18 month old, and I stood in front of our room shivering in our wet swim suits.

• Stayed January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at The Fairfield inn & Suites. I want to take this time to apologize for what you had experienced at our property. My staff and I believe in keeping our Marriott standards and we didn't meet your expectations.

I would like to extend an offer to welcome you back for a more pleasurable experience; staying in our luxurious executive two room suite at a special rate.

I will personally make your reservation and accommodate to your needs. I hope you will give us an opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed 30 December 2013

We have been staying at the Courtyard Marriott in Winchester for the last 6+ years. It had started to show its age, so we thought we would try the Fairfield Inn this year. Staff was very friendly, lobby was nicely renovated. The carpet in our room looked new.
We changed rooms as soon as we checked in as there was a ball of hair on our bathroom floor. The clerk was very apologetic and quickly changed us to another room. The comforter in the new room had a blood stain, but I never use those anyway. The bed was VERY uncomfortable; it was actually in a sort of U shape, coming up off of the box spring at the top and bottom. Breakfast was average.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at The Fairfield Inn & Suites. We certainly in no way want our guests to leave unhappy.

First, I want to say I truly appreciate your comments about the friendly service you received from our Staff and how nicely renovated the main lobby looked.

As I continued reading your comments about our guest room not being cleaned properly and our guest bed is not being comfortable to your satisfaction. I want to take this time to apologize for what you have experienced at our property this not the level of service we provide to our guests. My staff and I truly believe in keeping our Marriott promises to our guests and I assure you these issues has been addressed and corrected.

If your travels should bring you back into the Winchester, VA area; I hope you will give us an opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Silver Spring, Maryland
Reviewed 18 December 2013

I booked this online through Travelocity for $91/night for a double room, meaning 2 double beds. There was a mini-fridge (approx 4 cubic ft), microwave, desk, flat screen TV. The mattress seemed brand new and very comfortable. the blankets weren't heavy and I didn't see any extras in the closet but thanks to the easily programmable thermostat, temperature was no problem.

Upon check-in, we were hoping to only stay one night, as a snow storm was on the way but since we paid for two nights through travelocity no such luck. The hot tub was out of service and the indoor pool was freezing. Definitely a disappointment as this was one of the main reasons for picking this hotel over others in the area.

Breakfast was 7-9 and had a very nice spread. Waffle maker was awesome, they had powered eggs, bacon, sausage patties, hard boiled eggs, 4 varieties of cereal, oatmeal, bread, english muffins, bagels, (jam, butter, honey) OJ AJ skim and 2% milk, yogurt and fresh bananas and apples. Coffee and hot tea. The woman in charge of the breakfast was a delight. Very knowledgeable and friendly.

The front desk wasn't always manned and when I tried calling around 9 am to figure out check-out time (which is noon) but it rang for 15 minutes before I gave up. I believe the front desk woman was busy shoveling the front walk.

Shower got extremely hot. Provided Pantene shampoo and conditioner, soap for face and body, not sure what the difference was. Three full towels, three hand towels, three washcloths. Room was spacious and comfortable. I would stay again however the staff said the pool/hot tub work only intermittently so its best to call beforehand to check if its functioning.

There's a Costco right across the street and a Wal-Mart down the street. Cici's nearby

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Carolyn B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Winchester, responded to this review, 27 December 2013

I've read your comments about the hot tub being out of service and the indoor pool temperature wasn't to your satisfaction. I do apologize for what you have experienced at our property this not the level of service we provide to our guests.

My staff and I truly believe in keeping our Marriott promises to our guests and I assure you these issues have been addressed. If your travels should bring you back into the Winchester area I hope you will give us an opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Washington, DC
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Nov. 2013 - clean, newish, friendly, good breakfast. No problems, no frills, good price. My only problem with all Marriott hotels is that they feel it necessary to foist their religion on their guests. Their decision to place those free Gideon bibles in every room is presumptuous ( not all of their guests are christians!), and offensive. A world class hotel chain should not be mixing up their business and a passive aggressive evangelizing campaign. I hear even some of their hotels put the Book of Mormon as well as the christian bible in the bedstead drawer. Please, I do not want or need religion from my hotel vendor.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Carolyn B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Winchester, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at The Fairfield Inn & Suites. As I read your comments; I want to bring to your attention that all literature provided in our guest rooms are according to the Brand standard.

I truly appreciate your kind words about how clean, newish, friendly and good breakfast you had enjoyed at our property.

If your travels should bring you back into the Winchester area; I hope you will give us an opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Carolyn Brown

No problems, no frills, good price.

omment on the service you received from the front desk. I hope we will have an opportunity to regain your confidence in the future.

Best Regards,