“Quick One Night Stay was Perfect”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Winchester
Ranked #12 of 25 Hotels in Winchester
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We used this hotel as a 1/2 way point for our beach trip so we checked in at 10:30pm and left after breakfast. Ryan at the front desk was very courteous and quickly checked us in. The room was perfect for the price. One King and a sofa bed for the kids. The free breakfast in the morning was perfect and we were out the door. We would stay again and suggest you do too.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Carolyn B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Winchester, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Thank you for choosing our property for your lodging accommodations. I am glad to hear you had a perfect stay. My staff and I appreciate your comments about Ryan at the front desk was very courteous and quickly checked you in, the guest room was perfect for the price: a king executive suite with sofa bed and you enjoyed the complimentary hot breakfast in the morning. My staff and I look forward having you as a guest again.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

Lovely hotel, great breakfast attendant. Was funny, warm, welcoming and helpful. Go to Old Town to Winchester Thai....almost as good as the meal we had in Bangkok! Will stay here when we pass through again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for visiting us and for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. We are glad to hear you had a nice stay. My breakfast attendant Nancy, appreciate your kind words about her being: funny, welcoming and helpful. She said, "Thank you and come back real soon." My staff and I look forward seeing you again.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

This hotel is in the east end of Winchester. As expected for a Fairfield, the property is very nicely appointed with a modern look. Pool and hot tub was appreciated. Staff were nice and very helpful for local travel info. The hot breakfast buffet was very nice - the fresh berries for the waffle maker was a nice touch.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Carolyn B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Winchester, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Thank you for visiting The Fairfield Inn & Suites, Winchester and we appreciate you taking the time to write a review about our hotel. We are glad to hear you had a very nice stay. We enjoy reading your comments about the staff being nice and very helpful and our breakfast buffet was very nice. My staff and I look forward seeing you again.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

If you are traveling through northern Virginia (Winchester area) this hotel is a good place for an overnight stay. It is clean and the rooms are comfortable and the bed your friend for a good night's sleep. The breakfast was quite nice with a large variety of choice of good foods to start your day.

We enjoyed the hot tub and the pool...relaxing after a long day's drive. A good selection of eating places are in the neighborhood.

Worth another visit when we are in the area.

Viaggiatori1

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Viaggiatori1
Carolyn B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Winchester, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Thank you for choosing the Fairfield Inn & Suites, Winchester for your lodging accommodations. I am glad to hear you had a "good night's rest and a hearty breakfast"' while staying at our property. My staff and I appreciate your comments about our guest rooms being clean and comfortable, the hot tub and pool being relaxing to you and the breakfast having a large variety of choices, good foods to start your day. My staff and I look forward to having you as a guest again.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

We are regulars at this hotel and recently stayed twice in close succession. Our first stay was on a Friday and Saturday night, during the Shenandoah Apple Blossom Festival, which is a very busy time in the city. The staff was always wonderful, especially those at the front desk and the breakfast room. They were always welcoming and helpful. We stayed one final night on the following Tuesday and there were differences. The woman at the desk did not make us feel welcome, in fact when we asked for a repair in our room after check-in she seemed bothered. We have had similar experiences with her in the past. There was a clear difference in breakfast staff as well. On the weekend there was just one woman managing the room and she was on top of everything and so very friendly. Not so on the following Tuesday morning. Although there were two working that day myself and other guests often had to find them (they chatted in the back room) to refill coffee and food.
This is still a favorite hotel and we will return but management should take note of the inconsistencies in service.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Carolyn B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Winchester, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at The Fairfield Inn & Suites. We certainly in no way want our guests to leave unhappy. First, I want to say I truly appreciate your comments about the service you received from the Hotel Staff Apple Blossom Weekend; we appreciate your kind words.

As I continued reading your comments about the customer service you received from the staff (on another trip). I want to take this time to apologize for what you have experienced at our property this not the level of service we provide to our guests.

My staff and I truly believe in keeping our Marriott promises to our guests and I assure you the issues you have mentioned has been addressed and corrected.

If your travels should bring you back into the Winchester, VA area; I hope you will give us an opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

We have stayed at this hotel every time we make the trip from TN to NY and every time we have not been disappointed. We arrived late (11 pm) and the staff was quick to let us know where we could find something to eat and that hour and get us check into our room. The room as in the past was clean. It was more than we expected with the pull out couch being in a separate room from our king size bed. Plus the extra closet was great. Breakfast could have been better as the eggs were runny and the bacon was greasy. Every thing on the buffet was great. We will continue to stay here every time we go north.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Carolyn B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Winchester, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Thank you for visiting us again and for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. We are glad to hear you had a wonderful stay. My staff and I look forward seeing you on your next trip coming "back home" to the Fairfield Inn & Suites, Winchester.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

Arrived tired and late to find a dirty cleaning cloth on the bed and had to open the window to air out the bad odor (smelly feet) in the room. Not exactly what I expect from a Marriott chain hotel. Brought the cloth down to the front desk to find no one there, so just left it on the counter. Too tired to wait and file a complaint.

Room Tip: If you stay at this hotel ask for an odd number room, so you're not on the highway side. Too mu...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

I've read your comments about our guest room not being cleaned to your satisfaction and the guest room having a bad odor. I do apologize for what you have experienced at our property this not the level of service we provide to our guests.

My staff and I truly believe in keeping our Marriott promises to our guests and I assure you these issues have been addressed. If your travels should bring you back into the Winchester area; I hope you will give us an opportunity to serve you again in the future.