“One of the best B&Bs ever experienced”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Winchester
Old Waterstreet Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Winchester B&B and Inns
Reviewed 5 June 2008

After a 50K in W.VA's Capon Valley, I needed some R&R and this was the perfect place to indulge in it. This lovely B&B has historical significance all the while being modernized and as comfortable as a 5-star hotel but even more so due to the owners care and full time concern for their guests. You won't believe the elegant breakfast with multiple courses! I stayed in the Winesap Room and plan to do so again. It not only has a king sized bed with pillow choices, but a sitting area, a desk, active fireplace, two walls of windows, plus a huge modernized bathroom complete with a big window for natural light, two large counters, a heated floor, all the while still retaining the old historical style of the room complete with original wide-plank flooring. They offer at least three separate common sitting rooms, from the living room to the library to the outdoor patio. The B&B is just a couple blocks from the pedestrian-only town center, museums, plus quaint shopping, and a few more blocks away to the famous Shanandoah Valley Museum, all worth a trip, as is this B&B.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled solo
1  Thank DianaBurt

Reviewed 12 May 2008

I had a wonderful time at this beautiful and centrally located B&B in Winchester. I decided to extend a business trip in DC with a few days of R&R at the Old Waterstreet Inn. During my two day stay at the Inn, I was able to fully recover after the busy DC scene. I was very impressed with how friendly I was greeted by the hostess, and by the clean & inviting room that I stayed in. The rooms are nicely decorated, giving a calm and soothing atmosphere. The Inn is just a few blocks away from the main streets of Winchester. During my stay, I was also able to enjoy the Winchester Apple Blossom Festival, which I highly recommend. Jeanne and Erik are great hosts, and paid close attention to any requests I had. I loved the tasty chocolates on the pillows and the carefully selected music played in the main room. Their music collection seems to be almost identical to mine! I highly recommed this B&B both for romantic getwaways and for an alternative to local hotels when on business trips.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Trond56
Reviewed 27 April 2008

I can't say enough about this inn. We have traveled throughout Europe, South America and the States and the Old Waterstreet Inn is at the top of our list of favorite places we've stayed. The home is beautiful, with a lovely layout and the innkeepers have done a wonderful job of decorating with great attention to detail and a superb sense of style and color. The breakfast was excellent. And, as an added bonus, the rates are reasonable! If you have time, visit the Shenandoah Museum -- it is a real gem for the town of Winchester.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank npquest
Reviewed 14 April 2008

The inn is beautifully restored and at the top of our list of the best “bed & breakfast” spots. The innkeepers are very warm, interesting and truly understand the meaning of hospitality. Breakfast in the large, well-appointed dining room was sumptuous. I also enjoyed the wine and cheese happy hour and the chance to sit by the fire and chat with the other guests and innkeepers. Winchester is a lovely town with several fine restaurants, plenty of history and charming shops. The innkeeper was well versed about the area and made our dinner reservations at a terrific Italian restaurant which she highly recommended. I especially enjoyed being able to walk to everything-lunch, dinner, shopping, etc. If you love history, fine food & wine, fascinating people and great accommodations, the Old Waterstreet Inn is the place for you. We can’t wait to return for an even longer stay!

Stayed: April 2008
1  Thank OKinVA
Reviewed 14 January 2008

Had to be in Winchester only overnight but decided to stay at a B&B rather than a chain. Could not have been happier! The Old Waterstreet Inn was very charming. The house is beautiful, all the rooms were exceptionally clean and well-decorated, and the innkeeper, Jeannine, was very friendly and a great resource about restaurants, etc. in Winchester. Breakfast was very tasty, with homemade bread (or at least it tasted that way), sausage and a frittata. It was such a relaxing place to stay. Our only regret is that we couldn't stay the full weekend!

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank djz51322
Reviewed 28 October 2007

We have stayed at many B&Bs all over the Mid Atlantic region for over twenty years now. Old Waterstreet Inn has become our number one, and that ranking comes over some other pretty well known inns. We have stayed at Old Waterstreet Inn about a half dozen times now. It only gets better each and every time we stay there. We have recommended it to friends, and they too have also made return visits.

It begins with a beautiful home just a few blocks from historic downtown Winchester. The owners and innkeepers, Jeannie and Erik have created a casual, comfortable, and inviting home that makes you want to keep coming back. Of course it has the usual things you expect for a good B&B like a great breakfast and comfortable furnishings, but there is more that makes it special. There is a friendliness and socialness to the inn that you just don't find in other places. Perhaps it is the "special hour" that Jeannie and Erik provide every evening out on the garden patio or in the parlor with some of the local Virginia wines and a variety of hors d'oeuvres. We always seem to make new friends among the other guests when we are there for a weekend.

We would highly recommend Old Waterstreet Inn, particularly to those who appreciate finding special places for a weekend getaway. It's hard imagine anyone not falling in love with it.

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled as a couple
3  Thank JPHokie
Reviewed 23 October 2007

My wife and I travel the Shenandoah Valley, the Panhandle of West Virginia, and Western Maryland as often as possible. Our favorite place to stay overnight, or for a getaway weekend is the Old Waterstreet Inn. Hosts, Jeanne and Erik, are the most wonderful people with whom we have ever stayed. They made us feel like a king and queen in their bed and breakfast. One cannot help notice all the smal touches of class and personal warmth... and these number near 100! The house was perfect in terms of street noise, aromas, aesthetics, comfort, and location in the heart of Old Town Winchester. The cocktail hour prior to an evening's stay is a fun icebreaker for those sleeping there. We laughed so much, we didn't want to leave for our dinner reservations. The bed was super relaxing, and the soft touches of covers, fabrics and lighting in the bedroom soothed us to sleep. Breakfast was the crowning event which ended our brief stay, and it, too, was fit for royalty. I could say a whole lot more positive things, and even if I tried, I could think of nothing negative. 5 - stars!
Dr. Allen Wilson

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank allenwilson