“Relaxing get away spot - feels like home”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Winchester
Old Waterstreet Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Winchester B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 February 2009

I stayed at the Old Waterstreet Inn recently on my way to a conference. I was looking for a place where I could enjoy the company of other guests, but also have some private time to relax and read. This Inn was perfect for that. During the Friday night wine and cheese hour, I really enjoyed sitting with the other guests in front of the fire and talking for awhile. Halfway through I decided to go up to the second floor sunroom, where I sat by myself and read - it was so relaxing. The Inn is a beautiful old home too, and not typically decorated. It's a mix of styles, and lots of interesting details, and it's one of the few inns I've been to in which the innkeepers actually spent time choosing the artwork and prints to add character. I stayed in the Braeburn Room, and it had Georgia O'Keefe, Diego Rivera, and Matisse prints, and a cool travel print from Provence. My kind of place! The innkeepers were very helpful and honest in the restaurant recommendations. I ate at La Nicoise, and had a terrific cassoulet (the owner is quite a character, very entertaining!) The quiche at breakfast at the inn was delicious too, and I also liked that breakfast isn't loaded with fat like so many inns. I highly recommend this Inn - you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled on business

Reviewed 6 February 2009

I was in Winchester for business and decided to stay at the Old Waterstreet Inn. There were 4 of us in our group. We had an outstanding stay. The owners were extremely helpful and we couldn't have been happier with the accommodations. We all commented that it was the best night sleep we had in quite some time. The rooms are spacious and private. The breakfast was top notch. I would recommend this B+B in a heartbeat.

Stayed: February 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank LupoWashington_DC
Reviewed 2 February 2009

My wife and I have stayed at this B&B several times over the years as we take frequent weekend trips to just relax. Although some may think January in this area is not for traveling, they have never taken the time to just relax with Jeanne and Erik at the OWI !! They are most gracious inn keepers and everything is perfect from the greeting to the goodbyes ! Rooms are clean and comfortable (beds are so comfortable) and the breakfast is ample and delicious ! The evening "Wine and Cheese" gathering is also a great way to learn about the Winchester area with the hosts and also meet your fellow travelers. Although in downtown Winchester Va, the Inn is a quiet oasis of relaxation and ambiance, do not miss a chance to stay here and just see how great it can be !!

Ernie & Cecilia

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Anserman077
Reviewed 31 January 2009

Have stayed at this Inn several times. We always look forward to our visits. The Inn is beautiful and meticulously maintained. The owners do a wonderful job of making you feel welcome and at home. Breakfast is always quite tasty and the dining room is a great place to meet the other guests. We would recommend this Inn to anyone looking for a great place to stay in Northern Virginia.
P.S. The Cottage Suite is the perfect room.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank winetasterOhio
Reviewed 5 June 2008

After a 50K in W.VA's Capon Valley, I needed some R&R and this was the perfect place to indulge in it. This lovely B&B has historical significance all the while being modernized and as comfortable as a 5-star hotel but even more so due to the owners care and full time concern for their guests. You won't believe the elegant breakfast with multiple courses! I stayed in the Winesap Room and plan to do so again. It not only has a king sized bed with pillow choices, but a sitting area, a desk, active fireplace, two walls of windows, plus a huge modernized bathroom complete with a big window for natural light, two large counters, a heated floor, all the while still retaining the old historical style of the room complete with original wide-plank flooring. They offer at least three separate common sitting rooms, from the living room to the library to the outdoor patio. The B&B is just a couple blocks from the pedestrian-only town center, museums, plus quaint shopping, and a few more blocks away to the famous Shanandoah Valley Museum, all worth a trip, as is this B&B.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled solo
1  Thank DianaBurt
Reviewed 12 May 2008

I had a wonderful time at this beautiful and centrally located B&B in Winchester. I decided to extend a business trip in DC with a few days of R&R at the Old Waterstreet Inn. During my two day stay at the Inn, I was able to fully recover after the busy DC scene. I was very impressed with how friendly I was greeted by the hostess, and by the clean & inviting room that I stayed in. The rooms are nicely decorated, giving a calm and soothing atmosphere. The Inn is just a few blocks away from the main streets of Winchester. During my stay, I was also able to enjoy the Winchester Apple Blossom Festival, which I highly recommend. Jeanne and Erik are great hosts, and paid close attention to any requests I had. I loved the tasty chocolates on the pillows and the carefully selected music played in the main room. Their music collection seems to be almost identical to mine! I highly recommed this B&B both for romantic getwaways and for an alternative to local hotels when on business trips.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Trond56
Reviewed 27 April 2008

I can't say enough about this inn. We have traveled throughout Europe, South America and the States and the Old Waterstreet Inn is at the top of our list of favorite places we've stayed. The home is beautiful, with a lovely layout and the innkeepers have done a wonderful job of decorating with great attention to detail and a superb sense of style and color. The breakfast was excellent. And, as an added bonus, the rates are reasonable! If you have time, visit the Shenandoah Museum -- it is a real gem for the town of Winchester.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled as a couple