2,144 results
All reviews pedestrian mall elegant hotel roman bath parking garage lobby bar two blocks old town winchester pool and hot tub large bathroom restaurants and shops shenandoah valley spent one night walk in shower road trip king bed gw valet
Reviewed 22 May 2014

My husband and I picked this as a way station while traveling home from family affair in Richmond. It is an elegant hotel, built in the mid-1920s and beautifully renovated in, I believe, 2008. It has all the amenities you'd expect. Our room was not large but it was quite comfortable, and the bath was great. I discovered when calling to make the reservation that some rooms had walk-in glass showers rather than tubs, so we chose a shower. Beautiful! Spacious and luxurious. There's an on-site parking lot ($5), and it is said the restaurant is good, altlhough it was closed the Sunday night we stayed and we ate in the bar. The bar is elegant. We just had burgers, but they were good.

The room rate was surprisingly reasonable.

The hotel is just a block or so away from a pedestrian mall with a lot of restaurants and interesting shops. And the town looks as if it would be fun to explore with a bit more time. We hope to return and we'd certainly stay in this delightful hotel.

Room tip: If you prefer showers to baths, ask for a room with a walk-in glass shower. Really luxurious!
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 May 2014

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts
Reviewed 16 May 2014

As my husband was working most of the time there, I found the location of the hotel great so I could get out during the day and walk to attractions and then down to the walk mall for lunch. I felt very safe out walking. The shop owners were pleasant and were very helpful to give you information.
The hotel room was not huge and the furniture seems to take up a lot of the room. Beware of the bed frames, both my husband and I hit shins and toes on the post, they are sharp. The bathroom was big and we had hot water all the time, YEAH!
A girl friend and I had breakfast two mornings in the "Laughing Goat" the food was very good and the price was within range of a normal restaurant breakfast. The service was a little slow, but the second day was better, a different wait staff.
Over all it was a very nice stay. A very clean Hotel and beautiful!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Billie28752
Reviewed 14 May 2014

The hotel is ideally situated for the restaurants and centre of downtown Winchester. The rooms are spotlessly clean and comfortable and furnished in the antique style. The facilities were more than we needed. We didn't try the on site restaurant as others in the town seemed more attractive. We had two problems. The hotel is very popular for weddings and a disco in one of the function rooms kept us awake past midnight on the Saturday. The only instructions we received for parking were displayed on the check in desk which I thought was too late, although this could have been the booking websites fault. I would stay again in a room further away from the function room.,

Room tip: Ask about functions and choose a room as far away from the major function room as possible. If you are unsure about parking the valet parking was the same price as self parking.
Date of stay: April 2014