“Fantastic”

Courtyard Winchester Medical Center
Ranked #10 of 25 Hotels in Winchester
Reviewed 8 July 2009

Great Hotel! Friendly Staff. Reasonable rates. Arrived at 8pm and asked if there were any movie theaters nearby, and the front desk suggested a local drive in. What a Blast! I haven't been to a drive in for over 20 years. My 4 and 7 year old loved it. If you are planning on staying at this location get directions to the drive in, its about a mile past Stephens City on route 11 south.

Only one complaint, the towels. Not a big deal, just not what I expecting from a Marriott branded hotel. They were small, thin, rough, and smelled funny.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family

Reviewed 13 March 2009

Excellent hotel all the way around. After being dropped from the new Hilton Garden Inn (reservation was bumped), we ended up here. Excellent hotel, new and crisp as the day it opened. We loved it - the staff is so attentive and professional. We went to a restaurant recommended by the staff, the Venice Italian Restaurant, and LOVED the food (only about 5 minutes away from hotel). Also, the hotel is very close the Museum of the Shenandoah Valley, where we dined on an excellent lunch (a must-see museum and must-eat restaurant!). The hotel is so comfortable, well lit, clean and nice, I can't wait to go back to Winchester!!

We also loved the breakfast buffet (staff for breakfast was superb and so kind to our baby daughter) and there is a bar in hotel for drinks/socializing with family in the cozy lobby, which has an open feel and computers for use.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank WaterUnderBridge
Reviewed 7 March 2009

I recently stayed at the marriott during a bar association conference and I was extremely disappointed. The rooms were immaculate and the hotel housekeepers were very professional and kind. The one thing that caught me off guard was I had overheard a conversation between a couple of housekeepers and they stated, "we have to clean 20 rooms and be out of here by 1:00". First of all, this is not humanly possible and if it were I might as well open a sweat shop!!!! I understand the economy is in a bad state but they are still people and should be treated with respect and shown a little bit of gratitude. I only saw less than a handful of employees, so either the marriott needs to hire more personnel or extend the hours of the current staff so they can first accomplish their job and second be able to support their families.
I WILL NOT RECCOMEND THIS HOTEL TO ANYONE!!!!

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled on business
2  Thank Love2Wrk
Reviewed 3 March 2009

As with the other Courtyards that I have stayed at, the rooms are comfortable and clean. I really can't find anything bad to say about the hotel, as it is brand new.
The only thing wrong with our room was the flashing green light on our smoke detector which could have been used to signal aircraft. It didn't bother me, but drove my wife nuts.
There was a Super Wal-mart and Applebees right up the road which my wife and I stopped in to get supper and drinks for the evening.
We used the pool and the fitness room and again everything is brand new so no complaints about either. It would have been nice if they had an eliptical runner (I hate treadmills), but you can't have everything.

For others making the north/south trip, this is an excellent stopover to recover from the long car ride.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank wawwie
Reviewed 23 February 2009

This location offered everything one would expect from the brand. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The layout of our king room was interesting and provided space for a loveseat. We didn't remember to bring our swimsuits, so we couldn't take advantage of the indoor pool and whirlpool. After a chilly day, that would have been a welcome treat! We did have their continental breakfast. They offer an eggs-made-to-order station and a waffle station, as well as biscuits, gravy, sausage, bacon and potatoes. They also had fresh fruit, yogurt, cereals and cooked oatmeal with various toppings available. Bagels and english muffins were standard, but the pastry section could otherwise use some variety. All in all, it was a good deal for $10. Guests can also purchase items a la carte if they only need a little bit to eat.

The location was a good one for our purposes. We were spending the weekend snow tubing at Ski Cove which is about 12 miles west of Winchester on Hwy 50. The Courtyard was also on 50 and on the west end of town, so it shortened our drive a bit. It was also convenient to get to the walking mall in old town. Just turn left on 50 from the hotel and go straight until it takes you into a parking garage. Walk out the back of the garage and you're at the walking mall. There were great restaurants here, one of which (Violino's) I have reviewed separately. In summary, this was a great stay location- and price-wise.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Care824
Reviewed 22 October 2008

My family and I traveled from Wash DC to see the fall foliage and check out the Hot Air Balloon Festival. When we arrived at the hotel, we were all very impressed at how clean and new everything looked. We were greeted warmly by Ms. Duncan at the Front Desk, and she told us about what the hotel offered and what attractions were available in the local area. She also provided us with detailed maps and directions so we could get to the Festival and to the local markets for apples and pumpkins. Everyone at the hotel was very friendly and always took a moment to greet us. The rooms were spacious and very clean, and the beds were extremely comfy. It was a little chilly for the garden behind the hotel, but I imagine that it must be lovely to sit outside when the weather is fine. The breakfast buffet with the tasty fresh fruit, great coffee, omelette station, and waffle maker was delicious, convenient and a great value. Kudos to Ms. Duncan and all of the staff at the Courtyard Winchester for making our fall foliage weekend a great success!

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
1  Thank Lorinfur
Reviewed 27 June 2008

Our stopover on our way home from Bristol,VA as 311 miles driving was enough for one day. The new property has it all figured out. This property sits conveinently near the hospital at US50 & VA-37 bypass.
This hotel is immaculate and service is low key and excellent. The rooms are spacious. The pool/whirlpool and fitness center are nice but the real treat is the huge gardened courtyard in the rear which backs on to a huge farm. The ride to the beautiful historic district takes 3 minutes even at 25mph(watch the speed!)
We booked on points and showing Marriott's class as usual we had all our elite member's priorities covered.
The buffet breakfast at 9.95 is a bargain: Omlette station with all else you would want with waitresses available. A continental option for $2 less is also available.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank PhilSJ62