“Solid choice”

Candlewood Suites Winchester
Ranked #18 of 25 Hotels in Winchester
“Solid choice”
Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

Really nice room, clean and very helpful and courteous staff. Free WiFi and DVD checkout with extensive library.

Not a five only 'cause it's not cute or fancy or downtown. But it's a short drive to get there.

Stayed February 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 30 January 2014

The staff at this Candlewood Suites is both friendly and professional. My room was quiet, and that is my biggest complaint with most hotels. I had a larger, separate bedroom suite, and it was very comfortable and spacious for two people. The kitchenette with everything necessary to make a meal or snack in the evening, and have a quick breakfast in the morning, is a great feature when you are on the road with a tight schedule or traveling alone. The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom and kitchen area very clean. There were signs of wear on the carpet in the living room, and a small stain on the sofa, but it really didn't detract too much from my rating as this is an economical lodging for what you get, and you get a good value for the money. I would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Gastonia, North Carolina
Reviewed 23 January 2014

In a previous review at another hotel I graded staff based on my interaction on a level of 1 to 5. (one being poor and 5 being excellent). I will do the same here. Since we were there only one night this will be pretty short.

My wife and I arrived with our crazy dog at 11PM on a Wednesday on a trip North to Upstate NY (I know what is going through your head..."In January...what were YOU thinking?" please...don't judge). Anyway, we arrived at this location and were met by Jason (5) who checked us in and did an excellent job at explaining the pet policy and how the hotel was laid out. I have been a Platinum member for a while now and this property WAS THE FIRST to offer an automatic upgrade. We were place in room 310, which was very large and located near (but not too near) the elevator.

The room was clean and well laid out. There were a few minor things that could be improved upon (for instance the ceiling in the kitchen had a small area where some water damage, likely from some fire suppressant equipment, was evident.) Also there was a small amount of dry wall tape that peeled off of the area above the heater. The handles on the closet door in the bedroom need to be tightened.

This may sound pretty nit picky, but this comment is really more for management to look into as I know that they read these reviews.

The beds were very comfortable, the shower was EXCELLENT! (Seriously, the water pressure was REALLY good and hot. Perfect for those who need a hot shower to relax.)

Our dog likes to smell everything, and since she laid down and slept pretty quickly this is a sure sign that the housekeeping staff were pretty meticulous in cleaning.

We checked out with no problem and the manager (5) talked to me for a few moments and was genuinely interested in my stay. Over all this is a great place to stay if you are in the Winchester area. Close to ay restaurants and stores.

*** Side note: I have read some other reviews about this Candlewood Suites. A Candlewood is actually like an apartment in a hotel. That is to say that they DO NOT provide breakfast, they DO NOT have a large lobby with a bar and restaurant, they DO NOT have housekeeping everyday. What they do have is better. They have a full kitchen, free laundry, outside grilling (if the weather is nice), a fitness center, free movie rentals, and a small pay store. This is an ideal location if you have to be in town for a few days as this place has all the amenities of home. It was very nice for one evening, and my wife agreed that we will be back as it was pet friendly, quiet and very clean.

I hope this review was helpful. If you are in Winchester and have never experienced Candlewood Suites, you should really give them a try. Happy travels.

Room Tip: 3rd floor was very pleasant!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
boston ma
Reviewed 22 January 2014

We arrived in a snow storm with our dog. She was greeted so warmly as were we. We loved the room and the kitchenette. King size bed was very comfortable and we slept well. Michael at the front desk was so helpful and kind. I had to call to get my charger that I had left and he was very gracious and offered to mail it to me. I really enjoyed my stay here and loved the warm welcome.
Would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 4 January 2014

This is the 3rd time we stop at this hotel and we will continue to do so. Staff at the hotel are welcoming and helpful. Rooms come with a kitchenette that includes plates, cups, utensils, toaster, microwave, basically all you need to feel comfortable. The beds are clean and very comfortable, with enough pillows.

And important to us is that PETS are allowed - it's hard to believe considering the quality of this hotel.

I highly recommend this hotel, worthy of a good nights sleep.

Room Tip: Stop at Welcome Centres when entering the State - grab the coupon books. This hotel often has coupo...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Hickory, North Carolina
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Prompt and efficient check in by pleasant staff member. No problem changing from king to two full size beds (we had both gotten colds). Room immaculate and beds comfortable. Lobby is small, but so what? Appreciated the (free) DVD's available and the players in the rooms. Didn't note any smoke odors. Location a block off I-81 is perfect; no freeway noise but easy access. Many restaurants nearby. Didn't use the fitness center but equipment looked new and there were 2 treadmills and an elliptical.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Lakewood Ranch, Florida
Reviewed 28 December 2013

My husband and I stayed here while driving from Vermont to Florida. This hotel is right off of 81 near Shenandoah University. There are places that are inexpensive to eat like Cracker Barrel, Bob Evans, and Perkins close to this hotel. The parking lot and the lobby were a bit unpleasant and the first employee we dealt with while checking in seemed to be having an off night. The hallways also had an unpleasant smell. That being said once we were inside of our room it was very nice, clean and comfy with a stove, full size fridge and anything you would need for cooking and free popcorn and water. If you are staying for a night a two the room is clean and comfy and the location is great!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple