Best Western Lee-Jackson Inn & Conference Center
Ranked #8 of 25 Hotels in Winchester
Sarasota, Florida
“A good stop”
Reviewed 30 May 2012

A quiet room which was comfortable. A bit well-used so an update is needed but not a problem.
Check-in and check-out was good. Perkins is on-site which provided a very good dinner and breakfast. At check-in, we recieved two $2.50 coupons for dinner. (you have to ask for wine with dinner)

Overall, lodging and food was very good.

Room Tip: Ground floor for us
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Shelton, Connecticut
Reviewed 27 May 2012

This is the second time I have stayed at this Best Western. I sometimes travel by car from North Carolina to Connecticut with my 2 small dogs and I have found this to be a good half-way point hotel to crash for a few hours. They only charge $5.00 for each pet and there is plenty of pet areas.

My only complaint is, the beds are rock hard. I don't mind sleeping on a firm mattress, but to me, it feels like a slab of concrete. I had forgotten this from my first stay, but was quickly reminded when I crawled into bed. I suppose its better than the alternative though.

This is a typical motor lodge hotel, 2 story with parking directly in front of the rooms. So, be prepared if you are light sleeper. The hotel is a good enough distance from I-81 (but close enough to be easy on/off), so you won't hear much highway traffic. Plenty of food options close by too.

If you are traveling solo and are a woman, I would suggest calling ahead and requesting a room in a building near the main building (check in area), there are numerous buildings and it can be a little confusing to find your room. I experienced this on my first stay, so for my latest overnight, I called earlier in the day and my request was graciously honored. The manager, I wish I could recall her name, Julie?, was most accommodating. She pre-assigned a room on the first floor and very close to the main building.

All in all, a reasonable hotel that suits my needs perfectly. I am sure on any future road trips, this will be my stop off point.

Room Tip: Request a room closest to the main building for easiest and convenient access. Bring earplugs if a l...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
ottawa, canada
Reviewed 3 May 2012

Further along on our trip home from Florida, Winchester, VA was our 2nd stop. We stayed at this Best Western because it is reasonable and appeared to be clean when we checked it out online.. It is an older hotel and could use some updating. It was clean and the bed was comfortable and linens clean.
It was also close to the I95 which is another reason we chose it.
They did not have a breakfast included as do other Best Westerns but they gave us a $2.50 coupon each for a breakfast at the Perkins restaurant which is attached. We found that it ended up costing the same price of a more expensive hotel which would have included a breakfast. We will not stay here again for this reason.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Evans City, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 24 April 2012

Stayed here for every home football game,can not beat the price and we can walk to the game !! The Perkins restaurant is on the property and they have good food and such a wonderful bake shop. It is alittle dated but very clean and the staff is just wonderful.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Kingston, Canada
Reviewed 15 April 2012

Recently ( March ) we stayed at this hotel as part of our trip from the Carolina's to back home in Canada. The hotel was hosting a wedding party that same eveningso lekely approached no vacancy. The service was fantastic to the guest ( us) Rooms were so clean and so nice. The restaurant, Perkins, was GREAT .. so good that we ate there sor the inbound supper and then again in the morning for breakfast. Staff at both was so friendly and actually took time to converse with the guests who had questions and general comments. That staff was so good that we will plane southbound trips to accomodate staying there as we go south and as we return home. We also are exploring visiting Winchester itself mostly because of the interest we discovered simply by talking with the wonderful staff at Best Western and Perkins.... Folks .... Well done and THANK YOU .. for the great service and the feelings you gave us.

Room Tip: We experienced a GREAT room re the quietness and the privacy.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Brighton, Canada
Reviewed 12 March 2012

Stayed overnight enroute to FL. Room was very nice and clean, comfortable bed and convenient to Perkins for dinner and breakfast. Front desk was very courteous and efficient. Would stay there again. Only wish the restaurant was "attached" to hotel without having to go outside. The value was excellent. The hotel was easy to access off the highway and right back on again.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Sunapee NH
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Motel was a little dated, but the price was right. Hard to regulate the heat. Resturant on the premises which was convenient. Front desk was courteous and helpful.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple