“Great stay and veiws”
Review of Wintergreen Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Wintergreen
Wintergreen Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Wintergreen
Reviewed 16 August 2011

Just return our condo was spacious,clean and up to date. We had flat screens in our room and a large kitchen. The veiws were spectacular and breath taking. You do have to drive to locations,we walked some, the food was great and service friendly and fast.

• Stayed: August 2011
Geoff8212, Manager at Wintergreen Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2011

Thank you for your review of Wintergreen Resort. I hope you will make Wintergreen Resort your your round destiantion and take advantage of your 4 seasons of beauty, activities and great lodging packages. Please visit our website for upcoming events and see our special promotions and also be a member of our Email Club

There are newer reviews for Wintergreen Resort

Reviewed 15 August 2011

The rooms were very spacious, split level lodges with kitchenettes and a large but cozy living area. We can't mention the skiing, because we ventured during the Sumer months; but, it looks fantastic as the mountains look splendiferous. We will definitely be coming back.

• Stayed: August 2011

Thank you for your review of Wintergreen Resort. The mountain vistas are breathtaking and the nature all around makes for an exciting escape away. I hope you will make Wintergreen Resort your year round destination and take advantage of our 4 seasons of beauty, activities and great lodging packages. Please visit our website for upcoming events and see our special promotions and also be a member of our Email Club

Reviewed 12 August 2011

Great activities for the whole family. Discovery Point (on site) offered a bungee trampoline, a zip-line, and a VERY fun and fast tube hill. They also offered evening events--we attended a story-time by the campfire with s'mores (my four year old loved it and I did, too). The scenery is beautiful with mountains surrounding the property.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Biscottina
Reviewed 30 July 2011

My husband and I stayed for free during a military marriage retreat. We were given the keys to a condo unit by the gas station. Inside there were brochures that it was for sale. The unit was outdated and not romantic.

We stayed for two night (over the weekend) and there wasn't much to do. It wasn't cold enough for the ski season, so we walked around, visited the restaurants and went to the spa.

I would give the spa 5 stars! It is BEAUTIFUL! My husband and I enjoyed side by side massages and pedicures. The pedicure chairs are in front of a huge window that overlooks the trees. The "waiting" room, where you can sit with tea in hand and calm music was wonderful. The massages were great and I even brought my father back for his fathers day present. Can't say enough good things about the spa!! Sauna...great. Waiting room... relaxing. Overall feel...superb.

The restaurants were pretty good. We dined at both the Copper Mine and The Edge. There were plenty of choices and we didn't have any complaints.

Overall, I expected better accommodations. I have friend who own condos at the Wintergreen Resort and it is a whole different experience.

Word of advice, make sure there are things to do when you visit!

Room Tip: Keep asking for a better room until you are satisfied.
  • Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank cvkevents
Geoff8212, Manager at Wintergreen Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2011

I want to thank you for your review of the resort during your retreat here last fall. Although these units are privatley owned and decorated to the owners taste or scheme, it is the resorts initiative to take feedback such as yours and bring it to the attention of the owner and work with them to upgrade and modernize the accomodations to meet the expectations of our guests. I would welcome the opportunity to discuss your stay and unit specifics to report on our conversation to the owner as well as have our property management team evaluate the unit. I am the Director of Lodging for Wintergreen Resort and can be reached by calling the resort main number. Thank you again for your feedback and your stay here at Wintergreen and I look forward to talking with you and hope that you will return to Wintergreen for a retreat or personal visit.

Reviewed 26 July 2011

First time and will not be the last. Wonderful views, condo exceeded our expectations. Staff was very polite, wonderful price for a getaway. Highly recommend :)

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Geoff8212, Manager at Wintergreen Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2011

Good Afternoon,

We thank you for your recent stay here at Wintergreen Resort and I am glad we met your expectations. We would like to welcome you back in the very near future, please check our website for specials and promotions to take advantage of the resort in all four seasons and please let us know if we can assist in your planning. Thank you again and we look forward to your future visit

Reviewed 23 July 2011

I went to this establishment for a business conference in July 2011. We stayed in one of the privately owned condominiums which was terrible. The air conditioning didn’t work, the floors were coming up in the bathroom, and there were bugs and spider webs all over the place and rodent droppings in the cabinets. There was only a small TV in the living room and a smaller TV in the bedroom. No one ever came to clean the room, just to drop off some towels. My boss stated that he had a flat screen in his room and they came every day to clean the room. If these people want the resort to rent their units out then the resort should ensure that each unit provides similar amenities and is kept is good shape.

Also, my family came with me because they advertised amenities that would have suited a toddler (toddler town was advertised on the website and in all the brochures), but when we went to find it they said they took it down a while ago.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank CPERK1

Good Afternoon,

I want to thank you for your review of the resort. I understand you were here with a conference and the accomodations did not meet your expectations. I would like to apologize for the lack of service you received during your stay and the less than desirable accomodations. Our units are privatley owned and it is our goal and initiative to work with our owners to bring their accomodations up to a quality level and offer modern and up to date furnishings. I will personally investigate the cleanliness issue of this unit. The Toddler Town was replaced after Memorial Day weekend with another inflatible called Bounce Bot. I would welcome the opportunity to discuss your stay, as We take our guest comments very serious and do not like to lose a valuable customer. I am the Director of Lodging and would welcome your call, if you would contact me here at the resort. Thank you again for your visit and your review of our resort.

Reviewed 14 July 2011

This is the second professional conference I've attended here, and I'm even more disappointed this second time. I was assured there was WiFi - haven't seen any yet. Cell coverage is spotty at best - which matters. I'm not here for vacation, but I can't get business done. And my room is far away
from the meeting space, over half a mile up the mountain with stairs stairs stairs - and is cramped, shabby and smells moldy. I'm sorry I came - again.

• Stayed: July 2011
2  Thank MLCD

Good Afternoon,

I want to thank you for your recent stay here at Wintergreen and for taking the time to write your review of your stay here at Wintergreen Resort. The resort does have WiFi service available in our accomodations, public spaces as well as our conference facilities. The resort realizes the challenges that guests have with cell service in and around the resort, realizing we are in the Blue Ridge Mountains, Carriers that do not invest in keeping their customers coverage and adding additional towers in areas in rural areas is something most resorts in mountain locations experience. The resort uses a local provider company and they have added several new towers in this area which works quite well. I again apologize for the inconveniences you experienced while here at the resort, but if you would like to contact me and give me some specifics on your entire stay, I would greatly appreciate it. I am the Director of Lodging and you can contact me at the resorts main number. Thank You again for your review and your stay here at Wintergreen

Also consider these accommodations in or near Wintergreen
Days Inn Waynesboro
#1 of 1 in Wintergreen
Iris Inn
Iris Inn
#1 of 4 in Waynesboro

Been to Wintergreen Resort? Share your experiences!