“Wonderful mini-break in the mountains”
Review of Wintergreen Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Wintergreen
Wintergreen Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Wintergreen
Reviewed 12 October 2011

Wintergreen Resort is all what you may want for a mini holiday : comfortable accomodations in lovely townhouse setting, with sweeping views of the Blue Mountains Ridge from your balcony. The 3 restaurants are a must culinary experience : excellent chefs & choice of menu. The spa is an oasis of relaxation, with very high quality massages (ask for Sharon !)
Easy and wonderful 4 season walking/ hiking. Very good price/ value ratio.

Room Tip: Units with a view (1 or 2 bedrroms) Make spa & dinner reservations in advance.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 3 September 2011

We had a blast at the four day tennis academy run by Darryl Lewis and his great staff. I wanted to add some pictures of the academy, hiking trails and a black bear.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 September 2011

My son and I stayed at the Vista condos during the third week in August to attend a four day tennis academy. We worked extensively with the head director of tennis, Darryl Lewis, and learned a good deal about shot selection, court positioning and the advantages of risk in tennis. The level of tennis instruction was exemplary and consistent. We also enjoyed the Discovery Zone, using the summer tubing run and the xboxes to play NCAA 2011. We ate at the Devils Grill and the Stoney Creek restaurants, as well as getting lunch and breakfast at the Black Bear cafe. We hiked to the Plunge lookout as well as the Fountains edge route. The view from the condos were spectacular. One afternoon, we were on our way to the courts to use the ball machine, when I spied a young black bear. My son felt the earthquake as I was getting a lesson on the forehand groundstrokes. I was concentrating so much, that I didn't feel a thing. After we left, we returned to Maryland to experience hurricane Irene.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 August 2011

I stayed for a business meeting. Rooms need to be updated. My bedspread had a four inch tear that was frayed showing how long it has been there. There is NO room service. I wanted a soda at 6 pm and the front desk advised the closest was down the road at the market. The insure shop that has snacks and sodas closes at 5:30 pm and relieve 9:00 am. Also I asked for one hour of leeway in check out. I hoped to leave at 12pm instead of 11 am and was informed in no uncertain terms that I had to vacate the room by 11am. Overall less than a warm and friendly experience.

1  Thank libbann
Geoff8212, Manager at Wintergreen Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2011

I want to thank you for your recent stay here at Wintergreen as a part of a business conference. I apologize for the accomodations not being up to standards of the industry. All accomodations at the resort are privatley owned and decorated to their own taste and scheme. The resorts inititative is to facilitate owners and assisting in upgrades to meet the travelers experience and bring a renewed look to some of the older properties. The service that you experienced when wanting a late checkout should have been a pleasant response from the associate, not in an unfriendly tone. I would be happy to discuss your stay here and get a little more information from you, as I take the responses from all of our guests so that I may prevent an unpleasant experience by training our staff and also evaluating a unit in our program. If you would like to contact me, please feel free to do so. I can be reached at the resorts main number and I am the Geoff Truslow, Director of Lodging

Reviewed 16 August 2011

Just return our condo was spacious,clean and up to date. We had flat screens in our room and a large kitchen. The veiws were spectacular and breath taking. You do have to drive to locations,we walked some, the food was great and service friendly and fast.

• Stayed: August 2011

Thank you for your review of Wintergreen Resort. I hope you will make Wintergreen Resort your your round destiantion and take advantage of your 4 seasons of beauty, activities and great lodging packages. Please visit our website for upcoming events and see our special promotions and also be a member of our Email Club

Reviewed 15 August 2011

The rooms were very spacious, split level lodges with kitchenettes and a large but cozy living area. We can't mention the skiing, because we ventured during the Sumer months; but, it looks fantastic as the mountains look splendiferous. We will definitely be coming back.

• Stayed: August 2011

Thank you for your review of Wintergreen Resort. The mountain vistas are breathtaking and the nature all around makes for an exciting escape away. I hope you will make Wintergreen Resort your year round destination and take advantage of our 4 seasons of beauty, activities and great lodging packages. Please visit our website for upcoming events and see our special promotions and also be a member of our Email Club

Reviewed 12 August 2011

Great activities for the whole family. Discovery Point (on site) offered a bungee trampoline, a zip-line, and a VERY fun and fast tube hill. They also offered evening events--we attended a story-time by the campfire with s'mores (my four year old loved it and I did, too). The scenery is beautiful with mountains surrounding the property.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Biscottina
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wintergreen
Residence Inn Waynesboro
#7 of 15 in Staunton
Fenton Inn
Fenton Inn
#1 of 1 in Wintergreen

Been to Wintergreen Resort? Share your experiences!