“Great Weekend Getaway”
Review of Wintergreen Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Wintergreen
Wintergreen Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Wintergreen
Fairfax, Virginia
“Great Weekend Getaway”
Reviewed 31 October 2011

My boyfriend and I came here this past weekend to celebrate our anniversary, and it was great! It was snowing when we got there, but it made the scenery gorgeous once the storm ended, and the resort was great with having a shuttle on hand to drive guests around. We stayed in a one-bedroom condo in the Highlands, which had two bathrooms, bedroom, kitchen, dining room, and a large living room. Also had a huge balcony with a gorgeous view of the mountains/valley below. Overall the condo was gorgeous, and nicely decorated, with two flat-screen televisions. There was also a fireplace, with firewood outside the building, which was perfect. Made for a nice snowed in evening. Huge fan of the spa- we went for a couples massage, and it was a nice, relaxing afternoon. Their resturant The Edge had a live band play for Halloween, which was also fun. All of the staff at the Wintergreen were very friendly, too, which you don't see at many places anymore. My only complaint would be that the outdoor hottubs were way too cold, and with too low of water levels to really sit in them. Other than that, it was a perfect weekend! Would recommend to anyone.

Room Tip: We paid extra for a balconey with a valley view, and I would say it was well worth it
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Washington DC
Reviewed 27 October 2011

It was Tough Mudder time at the resort and I stayed one night for the convenience of it. That was a good decision! I booked a two bedroom condo overlooking the slopes. Let me tell you, the view was breathtaking.

The condo had everything you could possibly need.

Balcony with table and chairs.
Kitchen complete with 4 burner stove, microwave oven, toaster, coffee maker, dish washer, full sized refrigerator, plates, utensils, pans.
Living room with Wood burning fireplace and a stack full of wood.
Couch with pull out bed.
Huge windows.
Flat screened tv in living room and a tv in each bedroom.
DVD and VHS players.
Table games like trivial pursuit and monopoly.
Dining room with table and seating for 6.
Master bedroom with bathroom.
Hallway bathroom.
Foyer with bench.
Washing and drying machines.

For Tough Mudder, they had shuttles running to the condos every 15 minutes that deposited you to the main lodge area and entrance to the mudder. That way we didn't have to drive and re-park our car.

This was my first time there, and from the feel of the slopes that I ended running up. I think I will come back in the winter for some snowboarding.

They have a nice spa and gym area. A shopping center and a few restaurants. It was really more than I expected to see.

One thing I didn't appreciate was the wifi. It cost $9. I think it should be come with the room.

The room coast around $400, but again it was a two bedroom condo with all the amenities and enough room to sleep six. Or, to be honest, you could bring a bigger group of people with sleeping bags and it would still be big enough.

Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bael
Columbia, MD
Reviewed 24 October 2011

We rented a six bedroom house for the weekend with three other families. The house was spacious, clean, well maintained and equipped all with the amenities of a hotel. A shuttle was available to take us anywhere on the resort so we didn't have to park or drive-door to door service. Bring your food with you though. The Market on the resort is stocked but expensive and there are limited options at the bottom of the mountain. A fabulous place for families and mountain lovers. Will definitely bring the kids again!

• Stayed October 2011
1 Thank Freddientj
Silver Spring, Maryland, United States
Reviewed 18 October 2011

I have been to Wintergreen many times and this visit did not disappoint. Wintergreen is relaxing while still having plenty of activities. We got ideas of fun things to do from the weekly flyer at the front desk. I love the Wintergarten Spa with the outside hot tub. We went hiking with the Nature Foundation and the guide gave us interesting information on the trees and other flora that populate the area. The yoga class we took was excellent and very relaxing. I highly recommend Wintergreen if you are looking for a beautiful environment and excellent attention to detail.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Boca Raton, Florida
Reviewed 12 October 2011

Wintergreen Resort is all what you may want for a mini holiday : comfortable accomodations in lovely townhouse setting, with sweeping views of the Blue Mountains Ridge from your balcony. The 3 restaurants are a must culinary experience : excellent chefs & choice of menu. The spa is an oasis of relaxation, with very high quality massages (ask for Sharon !)
Easy and wonderful 4 season walking/ hiking. Very good price/ value ratio.

Room Tip: Units with a view (1 or 2 bedrroms) Make spa & dinner reservations in advance.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Gaithersburg, Maryland
Reviewed 3 September 2011

We had a blast at the four day tennis academy run by Darryl Lewis and his great staff. I wanted to add some pictures of the academy, hiking trails and a black bear.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Gaithersburg, Maryland
Reviewed 1 September 2011

My son and I stayed at the Vista condos during the third week in August to attend a four day tennis academy. We worked extensively with the head director of tennis, Darryl Lewis, and learned a good deal about shot selection, court positioning and the advantages of risk in tennis. The level of tennis instruction was exemplary and consistent. We also enjoyed the Discovery Zone, using the summer tubing run and the xboxes to play NCAA 2011. We ate at the Devils Grill and the Stoney Creek restaurants, as well as getting lunch and breakfast at the Black Bear cafe. We hiked to the Plunge lookout as well as the Fountains edge route. The view from the condos were spectacular. One afternoon, we were on our way to the courts to use the ball machine, when I spied a young black bear. My son felt the earthquake as I was getting a lesson on the forehand groundstrokes. I was concentrating so much, that I didn't feel a thing. After we left, we returned to Maryland to experience hurricane Irene.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wintergreen
Residence Inn Waynesboro
#1 of 1 in Nellysford
Village Inn Motel
Village Inn Motel
#1 of 1 in Lovingston

Been to Wintergreen Resort? Share your experiences!