“WARNING - Do not stay here, regardless of cost”
Review of Potomac Inn

Potomac Inn
Potomac Inn
Ranked #15 of 15 Hotels in Woodbridge
Lakewood, OH
“WARNING - Do not stay here, regardless of cost”
Reviewed 5 October 2006

I chose this hotel for my husband to stay for a week, because of the cost. We are relocating to the area, so we didn't want to spend the more than $75/night at other hotels. I booked online which gave a terrific rate!

As soon as he got there he called to tell me that this place was the worst he ever stayed in. Unfriendly, unhelpful front desk, the room had SEVERAL lightbulbs burned out. Ceiling to floor mirrors (felt like a place for solicitation!). The door had previously been busted in. And such a heavy perfumed odor from god knows what, he had to keep his door open for awhile. It was totally gross!

Yes, they had coffee machines in the room, but after the first day they did not provide him with coffee, nor did they really clean the room. Spots that were left there from him were still there after they "cleaned" it. He complained that he needed coffee when they made the room for the next day. Yes, they provided him with coffee...one package of decaf. And no cups. The cups earlier provided were the thin plastic water cups.

The door didn't close correctly because it was busted in previously. Plus, one day he came back from work to find his door wide open! Thank god he had no valuables in there.

Me trying to call him through the front desk was a total and complete nightmare. They NEVER answered their phones, and I would ring repeatedly for TWENTY minutes before someone would casually answer. EVERY time (no exaggerating!)

The neighborhood is scary as all get out. I wish that we had spent the few more dollars it would have cost to be anywhere but here! Take heed of these reviews, please...!

• Liked — Nothing at all, except the price seemed reasonable. It was cheap for a reason!
  • Disliked — Everything about it...gross, dirty, unfriendly, bad neighborhood
  • Tips/Secrets — Please read all the reviews before going here
  • Stayed October 2006, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank haberfamily
MikeHampton, Owner at Potomac Inn, responded to this review, 8 May 2009
I am concerned about the inconvenience you experienced at our hotel during your recent visit. Thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to my attention.

We accommodate many guests each evening, and the principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to each at a reasonable price. Consequently, it's disappointing to learn that you're unhappy. Please accept my sincere apology.

A hotel is defined by the quality of service that it provides to its guests. Because our success is measured by how our guests evaluate our services and facilities, I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive are taken seriously. They tell us what we're doing right, what we're doing wrong and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.

Please be assured that the issues you have raised have been addressed, and that appropriate action has been taken. We take pride in our hotel, and do our best to prevent problems from recurring. Therefore, I'd like you to give us another chance by staying with us again during your next visit to this area.

Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us. There's no excuse for anything less than complete guest satisfaction.

We look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Michael

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Commack NY
Reviewed 3 January 2006

This is not just a dump --- it is unsafe and dangerous. Bathrooms are disgusting and there was no hot water. Checked in and out in 15 minutes.

• Stayed December 2005
1 Thank reheiss
MikeHampton, Owner at Potomac Inn, responded to this review, 8 May 2009
Thank you for your comment regarding your stay at our hotel. We value comments from our guests and try to use those comments to improve our hotel.

I am sorry about the fact that you were not satisfied with your stay.

I have spoken with the staff and reviewed the importance of proper housekeeping and addressing hot water issues as a top priority for guests. Since this review we have made significant improvements to the guest rooms and lobby.

I hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you in the future.

We look forward to your next visit with us.

Michael

Travellers are raving about these Woodbridge hotels

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 25 June 2004

this place is a real dump. ten years ago it was okay, but as of now, this is one of the worst places to stay in woodbridge.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
MikeHampton, Owner at Potomac Inn, responded to this review, 8 May 2009

I am sorry about the fact that you were not satisfied with your stay. Since this review we have made great strides in upgrading our guests rooms and lobby.

I hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you in the future.

We look forward to your next visit with us.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 22 October 2003

Upon entering our room we first noticed a strange smell. As we began to investigate, we found roaches and rodent droppings in the bed and mold growing in the bathroom. We were horrified!!!! The clerks at the front desk said that according to the manager, Amy Latham, nothing could be done and that our credit card had already been charged. BEWARE!!!!!!
Please stay away from these creepy crooks. Spend the extra twenty bucks and stay where you feel comfortable. Preferablly not a Choice Hotel (Comfort Inn, Comfort Suites, Quality, Sleep Inn, Clarion, MainStay Suites, Econo Lodge) Good Luck!!!

9 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
MikeHampton, Owner at Potomac Inn, responded to this review, 8 May 2009

Come by and meet our new manager, Alan Scott, he is an experienced and capable hotelier. We think he and his staff will exceed your expectations for service.

We look forward to serving you again in the near future.