“Travel stop at another Hampton Inn”

Hampton Inn Potomac Mills/Woodbridge
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Woodbridge
Pleasant Valley, New York
“Travel stop at another Hampton Inn”
Reviewed 23 December 2013

Traveling to Williamsburg, VA for the Christmas Holiday. It was time to stop for the evening and we were in the vicinity of The Hampton in Woodbridge. On arrival the desk clerk seemed to be annoyed that I asked for a room. I usually use Hampton Inns as they are clean, visitor friendy and hospitable. He asked few questions and gave us a room $99/night. I wish he was a little more informative. I asked about restaurants and was handed a list. J This particular one was not what I get at Hampton Inns. In addition this particular one was difficult to find even though close to Rte 95. It was clean and comfortable as usual for this chain.

Room Tip: We would have better closer to the elevators. We were at the end of the hall, a dstance to the car a...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Woodbridge, United States
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Great shuttle service between the Hotel and the Wedding Reception. My only concern is if you pre pay ahead of time for your room, make sure you are only charged once. I prepaid in full 2 weeks ahead and the system is still trying to charge me for the room.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 6 December 2013

Excellent in all respects, heavy traffic caused late arrival. Night manager found a place that delivered food. This motel is a few minutes from the Autotrain and we were allowed to check out late so as not to have to hang around in the station waiting area until boarding time. This is our 5th year staying here on our way to spending the winter in Florida.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business

NC
Reviewed 3 December 2013

We stayed at the Hampton Inn located in Woodbridge, VA with our 3 kids. We arrived Thanksgiving afternoon and had to quickly check in and get ready to head over to my brother in law's house for Thanksgiving dinner. The staff was very helpful getting us quickly checked in. We stayed one night. All 5 of us stayed in one room but it was very comfortable, clean, and quiet. We all slept well and awoke refreshed the next day. My kids loved the breakfast and my wife appreciated the wifi access. My 8 year old son told me he wants to own a Hampton Inn when grows up! We would definitely stay again!

kilgore, United States
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Stayed here for 5 days and was very pleased with our experience. Comfortable room, good breakfast, nice pool, and courteous staff. Had 2 pre-teens with us and they loved the pool and breakfast. Location was easy to locate and easy to navigate.

South Jersey Shore area
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Convenient to I-95. Spacious comfortable rooms w frig, microwave, nice flatscreen TV, comfortable furnishings. Has indoor pool, nice lobby and fitness center. Great for weekend stay, business travel or overnight for snowbirds.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Greenville, North Carolina
Reviewed 25 November 2013

We always try to book a Hampton Inn because we always consider this chain of hotels to be the best, all things considered, but this was definitely the worse Hampton Inn we have ever stayed in. After reading some of the other reviews, I wonder if we even stayed in the same Hampton Inn. The lady who checked us in was great, no problem. We checked in with 4 people and the room only had 3 towels, no problem, I went to the desk and got another towel. I had forgotten our toothpaste, the front desk was out, but advised me where I could go on a short walk and purchase some. The heater in our room made constant racket all night long preventing a good nights sleep. Breakfast was just OK, but we've certainly had better. No towels at the pool, front desk said they were out so we were at the pool with no towels, and the morning front desk person was quite rude. She was quite nasty to one of the other guests who was asking for towels for their room...same problem we had, 4 guests and only 3 towels. In my opinion, there are too many hotels in this area of Virginia to chose from, so do not stay here.