“Great food, slow service.”

Not Your Average Joe's
Reserve with OpenTable
Not Your Average Joe's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 279 Restaurants in Woodbridge
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Virginia
“Great food, slow service.”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We ate here on a Saturday night. It's great that they take reservations so we didn't need to wait long. The weather was beautiful and we got a table outside. (There was a strange fishy smell inside the restaurant that was really unpleasant.) It took a long time for the waitress to acknowledge us and then another long wait to get drinks. But after that, things picked up. They had a very good reasonably priced wine list. (The Kim Crawford Sav Blanc from New Zealand was terrific!) And you could tell that the food really was fresh. I ordered the Smokehouse Jambalaya, and it was delicious. It had a wonderful blend of flavors, just the right amount of spice, lots of meat and the ingredients were very fresh, not warmed over like it seems to be in other restaurants. My boyfriend got the scallops and they were also terrific. We will definitely be back.

“Awesome date night!”
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

A sitter fell on our lap and the wife and I decided to go out on our first date night in months. The restaurant is part of a really nice outdoor mall great for exploring prior to dinner. The place itself is awesome. Booths, tables, very open with a great vintage industrial feel to it. The menu has a full spread of meat, pizza, seafood, salads and a full beer and wine list. Service was superior. The food theme was "made from scratch" and it was great. Dessert was to die for. We dined like kings for only $75 bucks. I will go again.

“Do not go on weekends!”
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Our group of 8 was reserved two days in advance of the Saturday we actually ate here. Not only did it take forever I get silverware and napkins, but the waitress also never took our drink order until I said something to her when we got our second round of bread. Three of us ordered the steak tips and all three were cooked incorrectly. We waited 20 minutes to get re-done meals. The rest of our party had already finished out meals by the time the steak tips came back. Then, we waited 45 minutes to get our checks that ended up having to go get re-calculated three separate times. The manager never approached our table until my husband grabbed him, and he acted as if he could care less about our consistent issues from the night. I will not be going back.

1 Thank Littlecoconut1
Centreville, Virginia
“Below Average Joe's”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I should have read the reviews before I went. Just like a traveler a few reviews down, I too dined on a Saturday evening. We had a 7:15 reservation and were seated promptly upon our arrival. This place was not ready for a busy Saturday night although there seemed to be enough staff. Just poor management. Forgotten drinks, appetizers, silverware, main meals. Our server, Meagan G, was pleasant yet apologetic when things clearly didn't go right. We sent back almost all the sirloin tips orders because they were well done and not as we ordered. Our server stated the kitchen staff yelled back at her when we sent them back. It took forever to get our checks and when we talked to the manager, his general expression and body language said he didn't care. He also declined to give his name. Maybe I'll be back but probably not to this location.

The food was good once it was cooked right. My wife had the balsamic glazed salmon and she loved it. The bread and dipping concoction was delicious as well. Others at the table remarked their meals were good as well. The good food is the reason for the poor rating but more than one attempt was made to make it right for half of our party's meals.

Fredericksburg, Virginia
“It is average.”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Hubby and I went 7/8/14. We got a variety so we could share.

He got the salmon & shrimp from the throw back menu. He said it was okay. The balsamic glaze was drizzled on the plate and not on the salmon so it wasn't enough. Now the onion strings were amazing! Took those home!

I got the Lettuce Wraps & Nachos. Disappointment. There were 3 wraps and each had more sauce. 1st was VERY dry; 2nd was better and 3rd had so much sauce it was dripping. It was like someone realized they forgot to add the sauce after the first two were made!

Nachos had a cumin sour cream and roasted corn & avocado salsa. It came out in a large stack. The tortillas were cut in 4's. I'm a woman and they were TOO big for me to eat comfortably. The salsa was lovely scattered around the plate but not enough for the amount of chips. The cumin sour cream was on the plate not the chips. I got two pieces of chicken which was on top of the stack NOTHING but tomato and onion on the other stacks. Most of the chips were dry and plain. I thought I ordered chicken nachos not onion nachos. They were very dry and very disappointing.

Shaniqua was our bartender and happy with her service and her attentiveness.

Plus two small beers and our lunch came to $56! WOW! Not your average lunch menu!