“Convenient location”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites
Ranked #12 of 15 Hotels in Woodbridge
Reviewed 21 February 2014

Convenient location to D.C.
Comfortable beds, clean room, very quiet. There was a large school trip in the hotel and we didn't hear a peep from them.
Breakfast was well layed out, good selection of cold and warm food.
No evening food, but the desk staff supplied take out menus for places that deliver. I don't recommend the local chinese delivery as we got food poisoning from it. Not the fault of the hotel though.
Cannot say enough about the desk staff, so friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Woodbridgeholidayinn, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2014

I wanted to take the time to personally thank you for your review you submitted on our hotel. I am so pleased to see that everything went well with your stay. Thank you very much for your compliments on the staff as well, it was nice to share with them! I am sorry that you got sick from the Chinese food you ordered. I hope you are feeling much better now. We look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Reviewed 4 January 2014

I recently stayed here during the Christmas holidays. The room and the bathroom were spotless. The bed was very comfortable and a nice added touch was a choice of soft or firm pillows or both. A large selection of cable channels also. The shower head has a nice amount of pressure which was very relaxing after braving the Christmas crowds at Potomac Mills Mall. It is also conveniently located near shopping, dining and Rt 95. Very nice complimentary breakfast.

Room Tip: If you are a smoker, they do have smoking rooms available which is very hard to find nowadays
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Woodbridgeholidayinn, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

We want to thank you for a very positive review. We appreciate you taking the time to comment about our hotel here in Woodbridge VA. We are happy you had a nice stay and comfortable stay. We hope you will come back and visit us again sometime in the near future.

Reviewed 8 December 2013

I stayed at HIE in Woodbridge for almost 7 weeks while working under contract in the area. Restaurants, fast food, and shopping is all nearby. Prices are reasonable. The linens and towels were quite nice. Breakfast was a nice assortment and hot and ready each morning. The washer and dry were just steps away from my room. The housekeeping staff did a great job. I don't have anything negative to say about this place, one of the best I have been placed. The greatest asset they have is their employees. even though they all were warm and welcoming, I have to say I had the most interaction with Alphonse, Eric and Natalie at the front desk. Each day the guys would welcome me home from work and take time to ask how my day was and visit if they weren't busy. Natalie was always cheerful in the early mornings; she even called me while I was at the airport on my way home over T-giving to see if I wanted housekeeping while I was gone. What a way for your staff to go the extra mile!!! I would certainly recommend and return to this place.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Jaymoy
Woodbridgeholidayinn, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2013

Dear Jaymoy,
Let me start by telling you that it was a pleasure having you stay with us. We are very happy that your time away from home was comfortable and pleasant.
On behalf of everyone here we want to thank you for choosing us for your lodging needs and for the compliment. We hope you made it safe and hope to see you in the near future. Happy Holidays!

Reviewed 29 October 2013

This hotel is perfectly located near Potomac Mills Outlet Mall. There is also an Ikea, Target, Bed Bath and Beyond, and Best Buy nearby. Front desk personnel were friendly. Free breakfast included the unforgettably hot and sweet cinnamon rolls. You can make your own fresh pancakes too.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Woodbridgeholidayinn, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. The best compliment we can get is a return guest! We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 13 September 2013

Hotel staff very friendly and helpful . Nighttime front desk staff gave great directions of how to get to location . Received prompt and special treatment.

Rooms were spotless. Location around the corner from Potomac Mills Mall..great!!

Room Tip: corner room larger...hottub in room.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Woodbridgeholidayinn, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2013

I would like to greatly thank you for your recent visit to the Holiday Inn Express & Suites -Woodbridge. It was truly a pleasure to serve you.

I am pleased to hear that our staff was able to provide a service that ensured your complete satisfaction. Thank you for your great comments; our guest's are our first priority here at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites, Woodbridge.

We appreciate the feedback of your positive experience and would love to have the pleasure of seeing you as a regular guest.

Reviewed 5 September 2013

Was traveling to business to Woodbridge on business for 1 day and decided to stay at the Holiday Inn Express. Expected decent fare but turned out to be a great hotel for the price. Great staff. Great Breakfast. Huge room. Free parking space. Restaurants and petrol station right next door. Perfect for a overnight stay in Woodbridge.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Woodbridgeholidayinn, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us at our hotel. We really appreciate your feedback. We hope you will come visit us in the future.

Reviewed 14 June 2013

Stopped in late night to get away from DC AM traffic on I95 South on way back home from a long trip. Last room and we know why!!! Were told it was a suite for a good price but when we opened door labeled non smoking room it was smelly with smoke and recent too!!!! A jacuzzi was sitting in the corner of the room, this is a suite? It dripped all night, we did not use it, were not interested in it. I took a shower to rinse off the day and the shower head was moldy! The smoke burned my eyes, it was like an all night bar for cigars, seriously!!! When I got home I took our my robe and gown to wash, they stank of cigarette smoke. Really ticked me off that a room labeled non smoking was that bad, just not right. Do not recommend, I will go back to Hampton Inns, this was so bad.

Room Tip: Wish I knew
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2013

Dear Lynne K,

We appreciate that you took the time to review our hotel. We welcome feedback especially from our valued guests like you.

I am disappointed to hear your troubles regarding your stay with us. We take great pride in our level of cleanliness and our staff ensure that we maintain the highest standard of quality in every room, as such, I apologize for any inconvenience the smell of your room has caused you and for any dissatisfaction the jacuzzi and shower has brought you.

This is definitely not a norm in our property and rest assured that all your comments will be taken into consideration to improve guest services. We hope you give us another chance so we can win back your confidence in the quality of our hotel.

Dhan M