“Nasty Place!”

Ranked #12 of 15 Hotels in Woodbridge
Delmar, Maryland
“Nasty Place!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed with my brother this past weekend. It was reward night and one of the most terrible nasty property ever I visited, The room furniture were stained, the front desk was nasty and unhelpful, old guy can't evan stand up from his chair or greet or recognize reward member or check in guest, seems busy with his personal laptop and I found hair from my first room upon the check in and I got told by front desk guy to come downstair and get the key for another room !!! I mean for real no sorry no apologies and same thing I found in second room of course I was tired and want sleep so I went to the desk and ask for another sheets so I can make my bed and I have to make my own bed, poor me ! air conditions doesn't works in the hallways, smells smoke all over the hallways seems really poor and check the pictures I have attached found mold on shower head and really dirty grout, I am sure room was never cleaned before, Definitely not worth a night! Only upside was breakfast.
I will never suggest this property to anyone intact this is not we expect from IHG

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Henidh S
Woodbridgeholidayinn, Sales and Marketing Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear Henidh S.,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate all feedback in order to create a better experience for our guests. I am so sorry that you did not enjoy your stay at our hotel. I also would like to apologize for any dissatisfaction you had with our staff and the hotel. Please feel free to contact me if you would like to discuss this further. I look forward to hearing from you; holidayinnwoodbridge@comcast.net or 703-576-1600.
Kelly Rodak, Sales and Marketing Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Raleigh, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

Staff was pleasant, check-in was efficient, and I received a free upgrade with by AAA card. The breakfast was good too. One of the better places to stay, and I will return on future occasions. They do not allow pets here, so we kept out cat in the car overnight, no problems.

Room Tip: Hotel has 4 floors, we stayed on the 3rd. Very little noise from above, and only noticeable in the...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Woodbridgeholidayinn, Sales and Marketing Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 12 July 2014
Dear John T.,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We really appreciate all guest feedback, and we are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We also look forward to you visiting us again!
Warner Robins, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

The beds were a little small here and we sort of rolled to the middle, but the bathrooms were big and clean and the breakfast was very good too. The kids loved the pool. Great location near restaurants, mostly chain though, and gas stations.....a little far from DC.We will stay closer next time.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Woodbridgeholidayinn, Sales and Marketing Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 5 July 2014
Dear Summervacation27,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate all guest feedback and are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are about 25 miles from Washington DC, however if you come to the area again, we would be happy to help you find attractions that are close to us, such as Mt. Vernon and Old Town Manassas. We hope that we have the opportunity to serve you again in the future, and thank you again for your review!

sweden
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Arrived at 1am after driving from DC, as all hotels in DC & airport were fully booked. Parking was amazingly full, so I had to park far away. Check in was fast and when arrived at room I just felt in bed as I was really tired.
Cleaning though I could realize was not 100% as I could find some mosquitos in the room (even with AC on), anyhow I was do tired and just wanted to sleep.
Next morning when going to the shower: there was an old used soup left in the shower and on top of that there was hair glued to the walls of the shower as well. (See pictures) I also communicated the reception which did not seemed to surprise (maybe has happened begore) and just apologized. As I will never come back to the area I did not care about not having any kind of discount or do on but I informed the reception about this post in tripadvisor.
Really lack of basic cleaning.
Breakfest and wifi included in rate and both good.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Woodbridgeholidayinn, Sales and Marketing Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Dear Gel1701,

We are so sorry that there were issues with your room during your stay. Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we can improve for our guests. We are working with housekeeping to enusre rooms are properly cleaned. Again, thank you for your review, and we hope that you stay with us again so we can create a more positive expereince.

Rocky Mount, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

I booked the room through a 3rd party, which somehow put me in a smoking room. The staff quickly and willingly accomodated us and moved us to a room that was smoke free. We really appreciated that. Will stay again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Woodbridgeholidayinn, Sales and Marketing Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Reggie,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are very pleased with our front desk staff, and their customer service skills, and we thank you for taking the time to recognize them. We are so happy that we were able to accommodate your request even though the room was booked as smoking. We hope that you choose to stay with us again!

Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

I stay here when in town on business. For 3 days the breakfast was identical. It's plentiful and hot and free, but by the third day it would be nice to see some kind of a change. One of the three days, housekeeping did what they were supposed to. The first night, there was only one hand towel (only one of me, so ok) and no hand cloths. Second day fine, third day no regular coffee. Check in was great and all of the staff are friendly, I just think a little attention to detail would bring it back up to what I expect. I was back on the second floor and the hallway still smells of smoke. No smell in the room, but this has been a constant complaint of mine.

Room Tip: Don't stay on the second floor unless you're a smoker and the ashtray smell in the hallway d...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Woodbridgeholidayinn, Sales and Marketing Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Dear Phil753,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and tell us how we are doing. We appreciate your suggestions, and now we can focus on ways to improve our guest's stays. We are so thankful that you continue to stay with our hotel, and we hope to see you again in the future!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed a night on business and was satisfied with the hotel. The place is clean and well kept. Hot breakfast (free) was good and plentiful. Only thing is if you want a quite night sleep don't stay on the first floor b/c you can hear every move from the floor above. By the way lair of good place to eat nearby.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Woodbridgeholidayinn, Sales and Marketing Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Dear Saltexas,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We really appreciate hearing that our guests have enjoyed themselves while staying with us. I am sorry to hear that you were bothered by guest noise above you, and if you stay with us in the future, we would be happy to place you on the top floor. Thank you again for reviewing our hotel, ad we look forward to your next visit.

Kelly Rodak - Sales and Marketing Manager