“Great hotel right off I95”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Potomac Mills Woodbridge
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Woodbridge
Fernandina Beach, Florida
“Great hotel right off I95”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We stayed here on our way back to Florida and really liked our stay. The facility was very convenient to I95 and it is a well run, clean hotel with attractive, seemingly new or nearly new furnishings.

Our room was an average size, and was spotless with a small refrigerator, microwave and granite counters. The indoor unit was working and was quiet. The room itself was quiet as well and we did not hear a lot of noise either from the highway or from other units.

The indoor pool was delightful and had a sauna as well. One of the nicest pools I have used: spotless, and fortunate for me, empty the two times I went to do my laps. The check in staff attendant was friendly and courteous. Breakfast was one of the nicest I have seen: scrambled eggs, sausage patties, cold cereals, pastries, fresh fruit sliced and whole, juices and breads. Very friendly breakfast attendants too.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Mountain Top, PA
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed one night before boarding the nearby Autotrain in Lorton. The staff was very friendly. 24 hour complimentary coffee. The pool was very nice and the gym was clean. Breakfast had the usual items and the hostess was pleasant and attentive to refilling the items as needed.
The Wi-Fi was horrible. It was very frustrating using such a slow internet. This would be my one and only complaint regarding this property. Otherwise, a lovely place to stay.

Stayed June 2014
1 Thank c4me13
Williamsville, NY
Reviewed 20 June 2014

First time staying at a Country Inn & Suites. All staff was friendly. Complementary breakfast was decent. The usual items. We had a Bedroom Suite room which consisted of 1 King bed (separate bedroom) and sofabed. The set up of the suite is more rectangular. When you walk in the room there is a sofabed, chair, desk, tv. When you open the sofabed up there isn't much room between the sofabed and chair and sofabed and tv. The TV is on the side of the sofabed so watching TV in bed, you have to watch to the side. When I opened up the sofabed, there was a wrapper from something, in the corner. Might have come from the couch cushion. Room was clean though. Also found an open bag of chips and a loaf of bread left from another guest, underneath the sink where the fridge is. AC Vents are on the ceiling, so the couple in the bedroom couldn't find a happy medium with the AC. It was either too warm or too cold. I was in the room with the sofabed, so the vent was farther away in the room, so I had no complaints about that. All in all, I wasn't crazy about the bedroom suite setup here. I have had better ones at a Hampton Inn. However, I have seen other Country Inn's "handicapped" suites, and those are nice and roomy with a dining room table. I would stay here again, but maybe not use the suite option. This hotel is close to shopping and restaurants.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

WiFi is important to us so I'm downgrading the star rating because the signal was so bad we couldn't connect at all. Luckily there was a data port to connect to cable but any other devices over WiFi couldn't get internet. Everything else was comfortable and clean, and we had a good stay overall.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Montgomery, Alabama
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We had an emergency trip to Woodbridge for a funeral and I booked this room 2 hours away from it on the road. It was this past week end (Memorial Day week-end) The only thing they has was a suite, a little too much but we took it. It smelled musty when we first opened up the door however, once we got the A/C going it was OK. The room was clean and the sheets crisp! The staff is friendly and the location is very convenient. It is located in a shopping area with stores and restaurants all around. Well lighted and busy. Free WIFI and plenty of parking.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Yale, Va
Reviewed 28 May 2014

On a mini two day vacation this hotel was chosen because I loved the reviews that I saw. I can say that they were right on the money. The beds were comfortable and the room was clean as well. It was very convenient to mostly anything that you needed such as food, clothing and anything else. The hotel staff was friendly and as always Potomac Mills was fun.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Terry W
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I can honestly say I doubt you could find a nicer hotel priced this reasonably. Very clean rooms, quiet, comfortable bed, nicely appointed, friendly staff. Would definitely stay here again and feel good recommending it to others. Best deal given by calling the hotel directly. Free WiFi in the rooms, free parking, complimentary continental breakfast.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo