“Spring in the Valley”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Woodstock
Inn at Narrow Passage
Ranked #1 of 3 Woodstock B&B and Inns
“Spring in the Valley”
Reviewed 10 May 2006

Spring in the Shenandoah Valley is glorious; the Inn at Narrow Passage in Woodstock is the perfect place as your point of origin to explore the valley and enjoy this time of year. The Inn is clean, homey and historic. The breakfast is delicious, promptly served and the innkeepers are most accomodating though not intrusive. We met friends there. My friend and I enjoyed antiquing and the local vineyards. My husband and a friend float fished the Shenandoah and it was a "catching" day vs. a "fishing" day. Between the two of them they caught and released over 75 small mouth bass, a direct contradiction to the contention that the river is void of fish.

Stayed May 2006

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Reviewed 6 May 2006

This May my wife and I celebrated our anniversary once again at this wonderful B&B. The innkeeper and his wife are wonderful hosts as well as serving a delicious breakfast. The rooms are beautifully done and the inn is a beatiful historical building.

For me the highlight was my fishing trip on the gorgous Shenandoah River. Taking a canoe trip we each caught over forty-five smallmouth bass several over l2-14 inches. All of the fish were healthy and continue to swim as we released all of the bass.

For a marvelous run-a-way the Inn at Narrow Passage in a super choice; for the fisherman the place is a dream come true.

• Stayed May 2006
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed 14 July 2005

My wife and I spent Memorial Day weekend at the Inn at Narrow Passage a week after I graduated from law school (and I should say that I'm 32 and was probably among the youngest visitors there during that particular weekend) ... we both needed a break, we had a gift certificate for the place and the visit turned out to be just what we needed ... first thing that should be noted is that the "Inn" is quite literally an inn as compared to, say, a bed-and-breakfast -- meaning the place appears to have at least a dozen or so rooms (if not more) as opposed to the three or four that the typical B&B has ... what makes it greatly different than, say, a small hotel, is that the rooms have a "homey" feeling and decor (like someone's living room), there's a home-cooked breakfast in the morning, the surroundings have an historical, country feel (tucked back in the woods, though with a spacious front lawn looking down toward the stream) and, perhaps most importantly, the inn's owners will be happy to chat with you seemingly any time of the day (though they also appeared to be very respectful of one's privacy for those who preferred it) ... nearby is the little town of Woodstock, which ain't much, but there's a quaint strip of antique stores, a couple restaurants, and at least two fly fishing shops ... did some fishing myself in the stream, which is within walking distance -- though, while the stream was set in a serene and peaceful setting and it looked like it had promise, I didn't have any luck ... did some great day hiking within 45 minutes of the inn (though other trails are closer) and did a little wine tasting within five minutes of the inn ... the last word is that this isn't the place to go if you're looking for lots of activity (outside of hiking, fishing, and wine tasting), but if you're looking for a comfortable, peaceful get-away for a long weekend, this is a wonderful option.

• Stayed May 2005
1 Thank sha987
Reviewed 22 June 2005

This year my wife and I spend our 35th anniversary at The Inn at Narrow Passage in the beautiful Shenandoah Valley of northern Virginia. We had stayed at the Inn twice before and knew that it would be a great place for a quiet, romantic get-a-way. Believe me, we were not disappointed.

The Inn is historic, having been a temporary headquarters for Stonewall Jackson. It is rustic but very comfortable. The buildings and grounds, located near the north branch of the Shenandoah River, are beautifully kept. The innkeeper is friendly and serves a great breakfast. The area is quiet with spectatcular scenery nearby. The price is very reasonable.

We enjoyed a relaxing three-day respite from our otherwise chaotic lives. Our 2nd floor room, off of a very comfortable covered porch, provided a great atmosphere for our anniversary with its canopy bed, a working fireplace and two easy chairs.

We are recommending the Inn to our friends and suggest that you check it out too.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 10 September 2004

The Inn at Narrow Passage is our favorite place to stay for in VA a weekend getaway. The Innkeepers are charming and hospitable. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The Inn serves a full breakfast and it is always delicious. We enjoy sitting on the porch sipping a glass of ice tea. The nearby quaint towns are interesting to visit and we especially enjoy the small town festivals. It is a short walk down to the Shenandoah River and driving the back roads is a relaxing and peaceful way to enjoy the beauty of the Shenandoah Valley. On a scale of one to 10, my wife and I rate the Inn at Narrow Passage at least an 11.

• Stayed February 2005
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Woodstock
Hampton Inn & Suites Woodstock
#3 of 5 in Strasburg
Ramada Strasburg
Ramada Strasburg
#2 of 5 in Strasburg

Been to Inn at Narrow Passage? Share your experiences!