“Clean, quiet and comfortable....”

Hampton Inn & Suites Woodstock
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Woodstock
Kingston, Canada
“Clean, quiet and comfortable....”
Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

This is a pretty typical Hampton Inn, meaning that it's clean, quiet and comfortable. It has a great central location in the lower (northern) Shenandoah Valley, and is convenient to I-81. The beds are great. The breakfast area is large and bright with plenty of tables and a very good selection of hot and cold food. The staff is very friendly, especially in the breakfast area. The only drawback is that the hotel is looking a bit tired and worn. It definitely needs some updating and sprucing up. Nevertheless, this is a great place to stay and is recommended.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
Reviewed 24 March 2014

I travel often, this hotel has a bug problem... And they are now customer friendly, complained to the front desk and was told there was nothing they could do, that it was common...... Wow!!!! On top of that the General Manager Holly needs to take a class in management and customer service..... She released my personal information to someone who wasn't a hotel employee, the bad part is that it was wrong information.... Wow, completely false statements.... She allow an employee to discuss private business in front of other guest....... I would not let my dogs stay at this hotel....

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank 2b23o
Holly M, Owner at Hampton Inn & Suites Woodstock, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Our culture here at the Woodstock, VA Hampton Inn and Suites is a caring culture – caring for every guest and for one another. That includes treating each person with dignity.
We’re also quite pleased with our 4 ½ STAR rating from Trip Advisor, the 200 guests who have given us an excellent rating, our 4.8 rating on a scale of 5.0 from the Hampton customer satisfaction on our guests “overall experience”, and our Quality Assurance score of “Outstanding” on every last QA inspection since our opening. So, a huge thanks to my team for delivering our objectives – as an owner I know what an outstanding feat this track record represents!
As to the guests complaint above, let me simply tell you the truth of what happened and let you be the judge.
As the guest was helping preach at a religious gathering in our beautiful town of Woodstock, he and his family had 2 rooms for 2 nights. They had a number of special requests which my team delivered. He called down to the desk and claimed there was a bug in his room, highly unlikely as we have an unusually clean hotel. The front desk let them know that their credit card on file was declined and we needed someone to come down to the desk to take care of providing a new method of payment. Then, when my front desk person saw him and his family leaving without paying, they had to stop them and ask for method of payment again. When the guest came to the desk he gave them a second credit card and it was declined as well. As he and his family were with the group in town attending a religious convention we have trusted ties with, we gave him until 2pm to get the funds to pay. When our front desk pulled up his Hilton Profile and saw a history of many, many 100% refunds (over 25), many of them being bugs, we checked with Hilton Guest Assistance, and he was definitely what the system refers to as a “system abuser”. We then contacted the police after learning this wasn’t the first hotel he walked out on without paying. The police pursued him to the Church where he was preaching, they escorted him back to the hotel to make the payment he owed. He claimed he didn’t have all the money, but he accepted a gracious person attending the religious conference, to pay for a portion of his bill.
Quite frankly, because this hotel is so well managed, we found an abuser and Hilton agrees with the need to stop this type of abuse, some call it consumer fraud. I am not here to judge, and I personally forgive this “apostle of God” for his deed of retaliation in his Trip Advisor comment, but I’ll let you be the judge. Personally, I’m opposed to any form of abuse in this wonderful country we live in.
Thanks for hearing our side of this situation. We will continue to treat every guest with dignity, and look forward to serving you. – The Owner.
Sophia, United States
Reviewed 24 March 2014

I met my extended family in Wood Stock, VA. My lodging was with Hilton-Hampton Inn. The family studio suite was configured great. The staff exchanged our bedding, pillows from down to non-allergic. Provided additional towel etc. They are GREAT. The staff was helpful in assisting me in a small excursion with my grandsons as well during my stay. My Thanks to the Wonderful Hampton Inn Staff.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

Kirkwood, Missouri
Reviewed 20 March 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at this updated Hampton Inn. We decided to duck in and explore the area as a family. As always the staff was more than helpful. They went to great lengths to help us out. The room was very clean and appeared updated. The beds were comfy and the room was clean. The bathroom was very clean, almost spotless. There is free parking and free breakfast. There is also an indoor pool which appeared to be very clean and maintained. The hotel is located in the Shenandoah Valley which is why we picked it. We explored the quiet and relaxing valley, drive through scenic roads and view the foliage, visit a winery, and have a great meal in nearby Harrisonburg. I recommend this hotel if you plan on exploring such a beautiful region of the US. Hampton Inns are always a great pick no matter where you plan to go!

Room Tip: Try not to get a room facing the interstate as it is a little louder than those facing the parking l...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank MaxProsp757
Woodstock, VA, United States
Reviewed 13 March 2014

We really enjoyed the Hampton Inn at Woodstock, VA. Great accomodations and peronalized service in a beautiful area with lots of local scenery and attractions. Shenandoah Valley of Virginia is a great place to tour, do get out and enjoy the local resturants, mountain views, and craft shops.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank J. Lowell W
Syracuse,NY
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Very modern Hampton Inn. Comfortable bedding. Nice breakfast setting , with comfortable seating. Hot & Cold items including Waffles, Eggs, Cereal.
Good location with several restaurant options nearby.
Highly recommend.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Auburn, New York, United States
Reviewed 2 March 2014

WE really enjoy ourselves at this hotel. Everyone is very nice and friendly. Clean and wonderful breakfast. Our only problem this time is that we had neighbors who were partying all night. But that would not stop us from staying here again. Just need to tell the front desk the next time.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Also consider these accommodations in or near Woodstock
Holiday Inn Express Woodstock / Shenandoah Valley
Days Inn Luray Shenandoah
Hampton Inn Front Royal
Hampton Inn Front Royal
#1 of 9 in Front Royal

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Woodstock? Share your experiences!