“Nice hotel! Stayed here for Caverns trip”

Hampton Inn & Suites Woodstock
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Woodstock
Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

This hotel was very nice and clean. It is right off 81 so it can be a bit noisy if you are on the highway side of hotel. We enjoyed our room though. Breakfast was good and clean. It is good stopping point if you are visiting the caverns, because they are just a little way up road.

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Jeb222

Reviewed 21 August 2014

Always clean. Always Helpful. I stayed here last winter and we received 22" of snow. The lot was cleared the next AM. I've stayed here about 5 nights so far. No Noise. Slow elevator. Hit up the hot tub at night. Then straight to the shower to clean myself.

Room Tip: Face the East and don't let the door slam
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank AlexBABABOOEYHofstra
Reviewed 20 August 2014

My family and I ran out of cabins to rent at the Shenandoah camp grounds. So we ended up getting a room at Hampton Inn. Although it's a 45 min drive to the valley it was worth a stay. The breakfast was the highlight. We absolutely love it. The room was clean and comfy. The pool was awesome, although the jacuzzi tub probably needs some chemical treatment. We'll definitely stay here again.

1  Thank ZZMamaLove
Reviewed 19 August 2014

This location over exceeded my expectations. The customer service was great all the time. The staff from the front lobby to the room attendants and kitchen were super friendly. The breakfast was the standard HI quality and was well stock during the peak time, which was very busy. They also had coffee in the lobby at all times and in the evenings they had complementary freshly baked cookies. The pool was clean and they kept it around 80 degrees which was comfortable for the kids to play. Do note that this location is right next to the 81 highway so make sure to ask for a room in the other side if you are sensitive to the noise. They hotel staff was able to accommodate my request and assigned me a room in the non-highway side. The hotel is perfectly located with many restaurants within 1-mile radius and less than 1 mile away from 81 exit. The room and bathroom were clean and spacious for 2 adults and 2 kids. We go to Luray annually so from now on, no need to look for any other hotel and will plan to stay here again. We had a awesome family mini-getaway thanks to this hotel!

Room Tip: If you are sensitive to noise, ask for a room in the other side away from the highway 81.
1  Thank vero_isa
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Stayed here on business last week. The rooms were very clean and the bed was very comfortable, which is rare these days. The shower had good pressure, which also seems elusive today. The included breakfast was plentiful and had a good variety of things to enjoy. Checking in and out was completely seemless, with friendly staff. The only issue was the office chair in the room. It was much too low and not very comfortable, which was a bit of a problem because I spent a couple of hours a night working from the room. But that is a minor quibble to an excellent stay. Thank you for a great stay.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the Interstate. Didn't really bother me, but might bother light sleepers...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I had recommended this hotel to out of town friends for a wedding because it had an indoor pool.. We did the tour with the mother of the groom and she was impressed. Facility is nice but wait till you have a problem. I went to book our rooms which were multiple nights and was told the price was no longer available. The clerk told me they do not honor their promotions 30 days out (I called 29 days out). I said we did the tour of the hotel and that was not mentioned. I then said the groom would have put that on the wedding website to which the clerk said "no he wouldn't put that on his website". I asked to speak to the manager and was put into someone else's voice mail and no calls were ever returned. At this point the groom and groom's mother spoke with someone else and was told it was fine. But next day people were turned down again.
The reason? They were getting booked for that week! Well with guests amounting to about 25 rooms I guess " they were getting booked."
Then the remaining guest were told to book within the next 48 hours and they would honor their promotion.
They did not!
The woman doing the initial tour should have disclosed their policy to us originally or honored it.
Long story short the Holiday Inn next door which is equally nice not only agreed to honor and gave a 10% reduction over the Hampton Inn and no undisclosed deadlines!
I will never suggest Hampton Inn in Woodstock ever!

Room Tip: Pick a room not facing I-81. It is right next to it and traffic runs 24 hours.
1  Thank Woodstockpilgrim
Stephanie C, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Woodstock, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

As the Assistant General Manager of this hotel, I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review. Our success is dependent on the feedback we receive. We do regret that you had a poor experience; however, we do stand by our contractual agreements. Your group had a room block in place with us and signed a contract. In the contract it stated the cut off date in which the rooms were going to be released. Unfortunately we are unable to keep the rate past the cut off date, which was explained prior to signing of the agreement. We pride ourselves on our excellent customer service and have been recognized as such, having been distinguished as number one in our area. We are happy that you were able to find accommodations elsewhere.

Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

Drove 536 mi from MA and didn't sleep much due to constant rumble of 18 wheelers on interstate highway next to room. By "next" I mean a stone's throw from our window! Insist on a room on side of building opposite interstate. Earplugs displayed on the vanity is a sick joke and useless. Also need at least one comfy chair in the room. Swivel desk chair was inoperable. Staff apologized and refunded room charge. Ultimate solution is to build soundproof rooms next time, Mr. Hilton.

• Stayed: August 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Woodstock
Holiday Inn Express Woodstock / Shenandoah Valley
Days Inn Luray Shenandoah
Hampton Inn Front Royal
Hampton Inn Front Royal
#1 of 10 in Front Royal

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Woodstock? Share your experiences!