“Great Staff” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Woodstock
Downingtown, Pennsylvania
“Great Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2014

The hotel is very nicely maintained. The staff were so helpful. They were exceptionally friendly and took care of any need we had. The added touch of fresh baked cookies at night was great. My son loved the waffles we made together at breakfast.

Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

1 Thank Joanne B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
Fairview, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

We stopped here on our way to Boston. The hotel is clean and comfortable. Staff was friendly and complimentary breakfast is nice. We didn't have time to check out indoor pool or fitness room. Water was hot in shower and pressure was good. Nice kitchenette area with plenty of coffee supplies and even a complimentary bag of microwave popcorn. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank merkatwoman
Auburn, Maine, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2014

I stopped here randomly on a long road trip. Hotel got good trip advisor reviews and I like the Hampton properties. Front desk attendant was TOTALLY honest with me - he said that the only rooms left were the ones on the highway side and it could be noisy. I guess I was a little naive, because I was like "no problem, I have ear plugs, and a white noise app on my phone, it will be fine"... The room was super big, clean and nice, but I was totally unprepared for the noise level of the highway. Holy crap, I felt like I was in the middle of a 3-lane highway - and that noise goes all night - there is no light traffic time!!! Even with ear plugs and my white noise app turned to high, the sound was very disturbing. It was so loud, I almost didn't hear the 4AM fire alarm that roused the few guests that managed to sleep through the traffic noise. Between the traffic and the 4AM false fire alarm (the alarm blared for quite a while - I usually wait a few minutes before exiting as I have experienced false alarms on numerous occasions on other trips, and I don't want to leave my comfy bed unnecessarily!) This one went on for so long, I actually did get up and put my shoes on and prepared to exit before it finally stopped. I was not the only guest who did not get a very good nights sleep- several in the elevator complained of not sleeping well due to the traffic noise compounded by the fire alarm. This was my 3rd Hilton property on this particular trip and this one by far had the worst breakfast. Very little to choose from and there was only a handful of scrambled eggs left when I got there. Think I will keep driving by the next time I do this trip and pick a different place.

Room Tip: Make sure you don't get a room on highway side!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Port Richey, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

This hotel was very nice and clean. It is right off 81 so it can be a bit noisy if you are on the highway side of hotel. We enjoyed our room though. Breakfast was good and clean. It is good stopping point if you are visiting the caverns, because they are just a little way up road.

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Jeb222
Aberdeen, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

Always clean. Always Helpful. I stayed here last winter and we received 22" of snow. The lot was cleared the next AM. I've stayed here about 5 nights so far. No Noise. Slow elevator. Hit up the hot tub at night. Then straight to the shower to clean myself.

Room Tip: Face the East and don't let the door slam
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank AlexBABABOOEYHofstra
Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

My family and I ran out of cabins to rent at the Shenandoah camp grounds. So we ended up getting a room at Hampton Inn. Although it's a 45 min drive to the valley it was worth a stay. The breakfast was the highlight. We absolutely love it. The room was clean and comfy. The pool was awesome, although the jacuzzi tub probably needs some chemical treatment. We'll definitely stay here again.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank ZZMamaLove
USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

This location over exceeded my expectations. The customer service was great all the time. The staff from the front lobby to the room attendants and kitchen were super friendly. The breakfast was the standard HI quality and was well stock during the peak time, which was very busy. They also had coffee in the lobby at all times and in the evenings they had complementary freshly baked cookies. The pool was clean and they kept it around 80 degrees which was comfortable for the kids to play. Do note that this location is right next to the 81 highway so make sure to ask for a room in the other side if you are sensitive to the noise. They hotel staff was able to accommodate my request and assigned me a room in the non-highway side. The hotel is perfectly located with many restaurants within 1-mile radius and less than 1 mile away from 81 exit. The room and bathroom were clean and spacious for 2 adults and 2 kids. We go to Luray annually so from now on, no need to look for any other hotel and will plan to stay here again. We had a awesome family mini-getaway thanks to this hotel!

Room Tip: If you are sensitive to noise, ask for a room in the other side away from the highway 81.
1 Thank vero_isa
Also consider these accommodations in or near Woodstock
Holiday Inn Express Woodstock / Shenandoah Valley
#2 of 4 in Woodstock
Days Inn Luray Shenandoah
BEST WESTERN Intown Luray
Fairfield Inn & Suites Strasburg Shenandoah Valley

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Woodstock? Share your experiences!