“Noisy room”

Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Wytheville
The Villages, United States
“Noisy room”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

If you enjoy hearing road noise all night, this is the hotel for you. The hotel is near a busy highway with trucks driving by all night. Also, a little advice on how to use the thermostat would be useful.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Carlson

Belinda B, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Wytheville, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
I am very sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your stay with us. I am very sorry to hear that you had issues with road noise as well as issues working the thermostat. We have our staff available 24 hours a day and we would have been happy to move you to a quitter room, direct you to the posted directions on the thermostat as well as come to your room at any point and set your air to the desired temperature and adjust your bill for the issues you have mentioned in your review. We hope that you will stay with us again so we may show you what great guest service representatives we have on staff to make your stay memorable and enjoyable.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Savannah. GA
Reviewed 21 July 2014

My wife and I stayed here on our way up north. Having been disappointed routinely by hotels on this trip, I was absolutely delighted from the time I entered the property. As we approached the main entrance, we were greeted by other vacationers enjoying the spacious front porch. The interior of the hotel was as expected but the front desk personnel went above and beyond to welcome us and make sure our stay was pleasant. The amenities were well above average as was the complimentary breakfast. From start to finish we enjoyed every part of this stopover to the extent that we will look for this chain from now on as it was worth every extra penny we spent

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Belinda B, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Wytheville, responded to this review, 3 August 2014
I am very pleased to see that you enjoyed yourself while staying with! We hope to see you all again when your travels bring you back though our area!
Pass Christian, Mississippi
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Arrived at this hotel at 1030pm after 16 hours on the road, a broken car, renting a car for the remainder of our 2500 mile trip. Everything about the stay was great including the clerk, the cleanliness of the room and the breakfast in the morning. Didn't get to experience much except sleep and the breakfast but was completely satisfied.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Majic39571
Belinda B, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Wytheville, responded to this review, 20 July 2014
After a long days travel and having car issue I am very happy to hear that we were able to make your stay a great experience. Thank you for such positive comments from our friendly clerk to our hot breakfast!
Melbourne, Florida
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

I travel thru Wytheville about once a year, usually in July on my way to a northern vacation. It is about ten hour drive and I'm ready to stop. The hotel is just a couple of turns off the interstate with a number of places to eat within a 1 mile radius. Rooms are comfortable with great beds. I try and get a handicap room because the showers are walk
in. Why hotels don't have more rooms with walk in showers is a mystery. Most people I know haven't used a bathtub in years.

The cookies are always good at Country Inn and a nice little extra. My only minor suggestions are to "lose the ham bits" at breakfast and shampoo the carpets and scrub the bathroom tiles a bit harder.

Friendly staff.

Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Belinda B, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Wytheville, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
I am so very pleased to see that you enjoyed your time during your stay. We will take your comments into consideration about changing our breakfast items, we always appreciate our repeat guest taking the time share wonderful comments with us. We hope to see you again the next time you come stay with us!
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed 6 July 2014

The lady checking us in was the best person we have encountered in awhile. We travel often and stay with many chains and she was personable, friendly, helpful and above all, she had a smile on her face. For that, I am grateful and will continue to patronize their chain. We traveled from Baton Rouge to Pennsylvania and she was a godsend. They had a FREE rollaway waiting in our room as we requested and we settled in. Room was spacious and served our purpose for the night, pool is small, but refreshing, breakfast was good but I will not forget her and how friendly she was. Stay here and enjoy their hospitality because it does not happen often. Writing this from another chain of hotels on our way home and regretting every minute of it. I wish I had done more research, but after driving 600 miles with 2 children, we just settled for a hotel that was near when we were tired of driving. Drive a few miles more and stay at the Country Inn in Wytheville.

Room Tip: best customer service around!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Belinda B, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Wytheville, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review about our hotel! The girl that was working the night of your stay has been informed of the wonderful comments you shared about her but also our hotel as a whole. We are always full of hospitality trying to make very guests' stay here just like their home away from home.
Scotland
Reviewed 28 June 2014

We stayed there for one night on our return 9 hour drive from Myrtle Beach. Our room was great, super clean, great suite with a sofa bed for the kids. However, we were super disappointed with the breakfast on offer. There was no oatmeal (even though there was a big pot advertising Quaker's Oat), no fruit, specifically bananas, the only fruit was super bruised and rotten looking and only a handful of fruit loops left. Now this wouldn't bother me but my young toddlers were hungry and this is a few of the things they like to eat. The lady working there was super rude and blunt with us when we asked if they had more of anything. The utensils for picking up the toast and bagels were covered in a sticky mess and didn't look like they'd been cleaned in at least week. After seeing this it put me off eating and the rudeness of the lady working in the breakfast kitchen wasn't appreciated either. I would recommend staying here if you just need a room as it was great but if you want a nice breakfast I'd go someplace else. This would definitely make me think twice about staying here again, when i know i can stay in an equally priced hotel and get a better breakfast.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Belinda B, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Wytheville, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
I am so very happy to hear that you enjoyed your room and our many wonderful ammenities. I am also very sorry to hear that you were not pleased with your breakfast during your stay. I have spoken with our breakfast attendants and we have new staff working our breakfast area. We hope that you will come stay with us again and enjoy our improved breakfast!
Alliance, Ohio
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Stayed overnight on the road from Ohio to North Carolina. Hoping to start the first night of our vacation in a comfy, quiet hotel and have a nice breakfast in the morning. Can't beat the price and perfectly right in the middle of our trip. Greeted by guy who was eating his dinner when we came to check in - obviously not too happy he was interrupted by guests who needed to check in. Reserved double queens (four people in our family), got room with a king...um? he was able to switch it so no problem. Room - spacious, bed and bedding comfortable. Best part. Bathroom had black hair in the sink upon arrival, a little beat up in there as well (simple painting and cosmetic repairs) Hubby and daughter went to swim after dinner - so much chlorine and chemicals in the pool, yet the entire area was dirty and needed scrubbed - both of them came back and had issues with their eyes until the next evening - itchy, watering, etc. SO noisy in the hallway - you can hear every word - I am a patient person so between that, door slamming from other guests constantly and whomever was upstairs from us stomping loudly for about 4 hours straight - I didn't report it - a Friday night - got quiet by 11pm-midnight or so. Free breakfast is a great perk when travelling - such a limited amount of time for breakfast - 3 hours (6:30 am - 9:30am ) for such a big hotel - no room to sit, constant struggle to get any food, no dishes at some point, and messy---no one there cleaning up, attending to the stations or guests, just a disaster. People bumping into each other as the area is so small - very limited seating. People heading out into the lobby and eating at the couches out there (also a small area so it didn't work too well) Would I stay there again? Um no.....we actually had reservations for the weekend coming home from North Carolina and I cancelled them and moved to a different city entirely and hotel chain. Very disappointed in the service we received and doubt we will go back.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank barefootlady1324
Belinda B, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Wytheville, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
I am very sorry to see that you did not enjoy your stay with us. I can assure you that our chemical levels in the pool are checked daily and are always up standard to make sure that it is safe for all guests to swim in. The issues you were having with noise in your room certainly does make it difficult to enjoy your stay but could have been avoided if it had been brought to our attention as we would have been very happy to move you to a better room with less noise. We are currently working on getting ready to start our rennovations and we are looking to expand our breakfast area.