“Very nice stop over”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Wytheville
Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Wytheville
Reviewed 7 May 2009

Wytheville is mainly a stop over location, has quite a few hotel/motels in area. Country inn and suites is very new as is the Comfort inn and suites right next door, almost share the same parking lot. Very nice hotel for the price we paid 85$ us. Most hotels at least $15 more and not any nicer.
Room we stayed in king bed was very roomy and had nice sized flat screen TV. Bathroom was a nice size and had a very nice indoor pool/ with whirpool/hot.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Wytheville

Reviewed 14 October 2008

Stayed for one night at the Country Inn & Suites in Wytheville. The hotel was just recently built. Still all very new, nice outside and the lobby was nice. Was quickly checked in by a friendly member of the staff who advised me of when breakfast was and where I needed to go if I was interested. The room was nice and clean but very standard looking compared to most other hotels. The LCD TV was a nice touch. Altho the aspect ratio was off and I was unable to find the controls on the TV to fix this problem....so this resulted in a messed up picture. The bathroom was very nice, the shower seemed a bit small for me. One of the complaints I saw on Trip Advisor before I booked the room was the noise problem. I didn't have a problem coming from the other rooms but the interstate noise was quite loud. I had the AC turned on for a bit but I noticed whenever it would cycle off the noise from the interstate would keep me up. So I switched the fan on the unit which solved the problem and helped to drown out the traffice noise. This hotel was a bargain at $75 including tax for one night so if you are bargain hunting this hotel wouldn't be a bad choice. I have stayed at the Comfort Suites that sits right next door to this hotel and if I had to pick one it would be the Comfort Suites which is also an entirely non-smoking hotel. There is a travel center within a mile of the hotel, I visited it late and there were quite a few sketchy people there. But to sum up the review this place is a good value but in the future I may stay elsewhere due to the sound and not being able to get a good night's rest.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 September 2008

The hotel is ok. The room was nice (LCD TV, frig, microwave, iron, ironing board, eco friendly commode, nice size shower). We had a nice room that overlooked the parking lot and a corn field. The breakfast was horrible - cold gravy and biscuits. They had boiled eggs, bagels and waffles. The indoor pool and hot tub was really nice. Our 2 year old enjoyed the pool. I'm not so sure I would stay here again. Oh by the way the walls are really thin. Not a place for a quiet night or privacy. Luckily we just stayed one night.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank TLC4EP
Reviewed 11 August 2008

We stayed at this hotel for one night as a stopover on our way to Western PA. The hotel is located at an exit with a lot of hotels and not a lot of restaurants. The hotel is right next door to a Comfort Suites. We chose this hotel because it was a100% non-smoking and had good reviews on this website. The hotel turned out to be very nice and comfortable. The room had some wear and tear as would be expected at this price point. However, it was very nice and clean. The breakfast was very good and had delicious biscuits and sausage gravy! We would stay here again as a stopover. Another nice thing that Country Inns has is a library. You can "check out" a book and return it at any Country Inn. A very nice touch! Would def. stay at this hotel chain again.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank Buttercup2007
Reviewed 19 July 2008

We needed a place to stay for the night and made arrangements ahead of time using AAA website. Our rate was 72.00 for a week night in July. The hotel is located off of I77 and you have to make a couple of turns, as there is no off ramp near the hotel. There is an on ramp to 77 N closer to the hotel. Since the area is developing maybe another exit is planned for easier hotel access.

The hotel itself was a wonderful place to stay. We had a king size room, comfortable bed, plenty of pillows and clean. Flat screen TV, recliner, nice lighting, internet was a bit slow. The bathroom was clean and shower was nice, 4 bath towels, not just two for two guests!

Front desk clerk was friendly and helpful to find a place to eat. Breakfast the next morning was more than plentiful for a quick bite. Waffles, sausage and gravy with biscuits, toast, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, danish, apple and orange juice and coffee, were items I observed. Dining area was large and clean also.

There was an indoor pool and hot tub which is relaxing after a long day of driving, pool towels are provided.

If you need a clean place to stay, try Country Inn and Suites in Wytheville.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank teachrsue
Reviewed 16 July 2008

I have traveled and stayed at many hotels for work, and this is by far the best hotel I've stayed in. The place was amazingly clean, the breakfast was excellent, and the people working there were extremely nice and even remembered who I was when checking out, without looking up my information! Hands down the best place I've stayed in. I recommend this to anyone and will recommend it to others at my company who plan on heading to Wytheville.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank huskermathias
Reviewed 28 March 2008

I enjoyed a 2 night stay during a business trip. According to staff, the hotel opened in February 2008. Staff was friendly and efficient. They provided good directions to local eating and shopping establishments. The location is adjacent to the Wytheville Community Center and Wytheville Community College.

The room was furnished with a flat screen TV, microwave, and refrigerator. The king size bed and 4 pillow were comfortable.

I would absolutely stay here again if traveling in the area.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled on business