“Great Job Marriott!”

Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Wytheville
Blue Ridge, Georgia
“Great Job Marriott!”
Reviewed 24 July 2013

This was a amazing visit that me and my daughter experienced. From the second we pulled up to the moment we had to say goodbye. We arrived at the hotel and were greeted by the front desk clerk. Very acomadating. We got to our room and it was beautiful. It looked brand new. It was very clean and had a nice fresh smell to it. We were in a Jacuzzi room. Again very very nice. The tub shined and was extremely relaxing. Went down to the lobby grabbed some fresh wonderful cookies. We then took a dip in the pool. Which was great. Very clean! We then grab a few goodies from the market. Very good price considering all that we had gotten. When we woke up the next morning we went to grab a bite to eat in the breakfast room and it was very fulfilling. With Hot eggs and Hot sausage. Was very very nice. We will be back again. Thanks again Marriott. Keep up the great work!

Room Tip: You gotta have the breakfast
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank alyssa y
Samantha M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Wytheville, responded to this review, 30 July 2013
Thank you for your wonderful feedback about they hotel.
We cant wait for you to visit again. We love getting feedback good or bad.
I will share your comments so we can use them to better our guest experience here
at the Fairfield Inn.

Fairfield Inn & Suites, Wytheville VA

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Anywhere
Reviewed 21 July 2013

We used this as a stop over on our 1500 mile drive and found the property to be just ok. The lobby was clean and inviting and the front desk staff was polite and friendly. The Executive Suite we had was spacious and somewhat clean. The shower curtain liner had mold all over it and the grout in the bathroom was dirty and moldy. The bathroom was not up to the usual standards of the Fairfield Inn. The mattress on the pull out sofa was terrible with the springs in the frame itself being shot. The mattress on the king size bed was ok but not the greatest. The carpeting in the room was a little worn. The bath towels were paper thin and not much bigger than a hand towel. The location is good, right off I-77. The internet connection was very good and the morning breakfast was good as well. I felt the $179 price tag was high for the quality of the room. I wouldn't recommend this for an extended stay but it will work for a stop over.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
I wanted to apologize for any issue you may had experienced while at our hotel. We are getting the pull out sofa bed mattresses replaced and moving from room to room to update any worn or needing repaired furniture. If you would contact me here at the hotel I would be glad to discuss the issue further with you.

Mount Airy, North Carolina
Reviewed 16 July 2013

Overnight shopping and relaxation jaunt, just my husband and myself, to relax and enjoy the pool and whirlpool. So disappointed to find green scum all around the tiles of the whirlpool! Ugh! Brought it to the attention of the evening clerk and he explained it away that the water was green due to shocking the water. Nope don't think so. At checkout I expressed my disappointment to the Manager on duty and she shook her head and thanked me. Actually no complaints on the room. Way too much money to not be able to enjoy what we stayed there to enjoy!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Karen W
Samantha M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Wytheville, responded to this review, 23 July 2013
Thank you for the comments about the staff. If the situation with the pool was brought to my attention I would have been able to explain that I had actually been in there scrubbing the pool getting any bacteria or scum loosened so that the pool shock, I had put in the pool could do its job. It does make the pool a little slippery and takes time to clear from the water and bottom. I dont know whom you had spoke to the next morning but I would never dismiss any concern that a guest has. If you would like to discuss the issue further please contact me at the hotel.

Samantha Moore, Gm
Fairfield Inn & Suites Wytheville VA
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 3 July 2013

I happily would have given this place four stars, but the couch and chair in the suite were terribly, oddly stained. Like, so stained that we were hesitant to sit on them. I can't believe they haven't been replaced yet. And the mattress of the sofa bed was horribly uncomfortable. All of the rest of the furniture was quite nice and clean, and the king bed was comfortable.

The breakfast was on the high end of typical, with eggs, sausage, cereals, a great selection of breads and pastries, fruit, yogurt, etc. And the ladies working in the breakfast room were very nice and good about keeping things replenished.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
We apologize that we didnt meet your exspectations. Please contact me here at the hotel I would like to discuss this matter futher with you to get a better understanding of what happened. And also what I can do to make your next stay more comfortable.

Samantha Moore, Gm
Canton, Ohio
Reviewed 16 June 2013

This is the second year we have stopped at this location on our way to/from Myrtle Beach. This hotel is very clean from the time you walk into the lobby to the time you lay in your bed. The beds and pillows are very comfortable as this was the best nights sleep I had the whole vacation. We had our 6 and 12 year old with us, and I was not afraid to let them touch anything in the room (as I am a germ freak). I would totally recommend this hotel to anyone!

Room Tip: This is a great hotel in general, not sure there is a bad room:)
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Samantha M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Wytheville, responded to this review, 19 June 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel. I will make sure to share this with the staff .
We enjoy having wonderful guest like you visit our hotel. We hope you have a wonderful summer.

Best regards,

Samantha Moore, General Manager
Fairfield Inn & Suites of Wytheville, VA
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 8 June 2013

This is one of the best hotels I've ever stayed at in a sweet little town. Wytheville is the mid way stop for a lot of people traveling to the coast, so book your room in advance and get to breakfast early. There will be a lot of families like us travelling with children. I loved it. It was clean, the pool was great, the breakfast was great, it was beautifully decorated, and it was comfortable. The staff was extremely friendly and happy. Will be staying there again the next chance I get. Great restaurants nearby for dinner. We chose the Italian place. Very family friendly.

Room Tip: If you're worried about noise, I'd upgrade from standard to executive. I think it's onl...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Samantha M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Wytheville, responded to this review, 10 June 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review of our staff and Hotel. We enjoy knowing that we have made our guest feel welcome and comfortable. Can't wait to see you on your return trip. Have a wonderful trip.

Best Regards,

Fairfield Inn & Suites, Wytheville
Charleston, wv
Reviewed 6 June 2013

Like many other posts, we too found the hotel very clean and comfortable. It feels like it is new, and nothing appears worn out though we were told it's been open for several years. I find that impressive. The only negative experienced is that there are very few restaurant options within walking distance. The restaurant adjoining the hotel [a good feature] was limping along and barely open. The food was tolerable. Maybe Fairfield/Marriott can join with the community to entice a restaurant in that vacant lot across the parking lot? Or maybe jazz up the adjoining restaurant? After a lot of driving, I just don't care to get back into the car to find food.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for your wondeful comments in your review. I was wondering which restruant you may
have went to since we dont have a restaurant ajoining our hotel. I am happy to know that you enjoyed your stay and can't wait for your return.

Best Regards,