“Great Room”

Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in Wytheville
Richmond, VA
“Great Room”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Stayed here 2 nights on business. At check in I was upgraded to a King Suite from studio, which is always nice. Room was on first floor, facing the mountains/corn field out back. The room was very large with higher than normal ceilings, very new furnishings with couch, chair, large desk, corner console with TV, plus mini fridge and microwave. Bathroom also very large. Bedroom in a separate area with another TV, also large space. Hotel has an indoor pool and hot tub, plus an outdoor lounge area for nicer weather. Fitness center has 2 treadmills and an elliptical, but no free weights or other equipment, a small downside as I try to get in workouts while on the road. Free breakfast in the morning is standard for Fairfield Inn, staff very good with replenishing food quickly. Only downside was hallway noise, as doors cannot be closed quietly, and I was close to the side entrance with lots of traffic. Also staff smoke outside the side door, so I had to walk through that a few times, but I'm sure their other options are limited. Overall this is a nice property with great views and easy on/off to Interstates 81 and 77. I will definitely stay here again when business brings me back to this part of the state.

Room Tip: Rooms at back of hotel have a nicer view of the mountains.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Samantha M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Wytheville, responded to this review, 16 October 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review and feedback.
I have actually thought of making a designated smoking area away from the doors
for employees so that guest arent having to walk threw unwanted clouds of smoke.

I do apologize for that inconvience.

Thank you and can't wait for your return,

Fairfield Inn & Suites, Wytheville VA

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Portland, Maine
Reviewed 4 October 2013 via mobile

Best Fairfield I've ever stayed at. Beautiful view from back of hotel. Very clean. Hotel is in a great location. Excellent breakfast included and fantastic staff! Good for business travelers or families.....

• Stayed October 2013
Thank you for your wonderful compliments, we always want to
WOW our guest and keep them coming back. We are pleased that
you had a wonderful stay.

Best Regards,

Samantha Moore,GM
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed 3 October 2013

We had to stay here for a week due to a family emergency in the area. The staff was extremely kind and helpful. The rooms were clean and spacious. The breakfast was very good. I loved the combination of southern hospitality and efficiency. I would definitely recommend this hotel as a great place to stay when in this area.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Samantha M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Wytheville, responded to this review, 4 October 2013
Thank you for the wonderful review, we are happy we could
help you in your time of neeed. If you need anything in the future
please let us know.

Fairfield Inn & Suites
Wytheville, VA
Reviewed 30 September 2013

We stayed here on our trip home from St. Petersburg, Florida to Erie, PA. It is pretty much the last stop on I-77 for any decent lodging before Charleston and we stopped around 9:00 pm. I initially tried to book a room on the Marriott site because I am a Marriott Rewards member, however it did not give me the option and was labeled as "not available". Upon arrival at the hotel when I checked with the front desk person she informed me she was not sure why it said that and assured me they had availability.

I asked to book a Jacuzzi suite with a king bed so I could relax my sore muscles after all the driving and I was immediately accommodated without issue. The staff member in charge of the desk was very friendly and helpful. The room was clean and very comfortable and the Jacuzzi tub well worth the additional cost (I paid $127 plus taxes which I thought was a reasonable rate considering the upgrade). They also provide you with two bars of soap (one for body and one for face), Pantene shampoo and conditioner and Vaseline intensive care lotion (travel sizes) which is an added bonus. There is a pool and hot tub in pool area although we did not take advantage of them. The internet service was good as well.

They have very comfortable beds and the pillows are very soft making for a good nights sleep. The view out of our window was very pretty in the morning showcasing the hills of Virginia. Breakfast was simple but very good with scrambled eggs, fresh fruit, sausage patties, yogurt, waffles, cereal and an assortment of bagels, toast and muffins. Overall, I would say it is a great value for the price given that you get such comfortable accommodations and breakfast.

Room Tip: We had room 229 which is a Jacuzzi suite and is also accessible for those with disabilities. There...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank caminocowgirl
Samantha M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Wytheville, responded to this review, 2 October 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review, we are happy we could accomidate you and go above and beyond to make your stay a wonderful one. I will make sure to let all of the staff know that there hard work is appreicated by wonderful guest like yourself.

We cant wait to see you again in the future.

Have a wonderful day and safe travels,

Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 21 September 2013 via mobile

As lays the front desk staff greeted me with a smile and was very courteous. Booking level seems low, so the place was quiet and I was on the end of the hallway, ground floor. The hotel is located far enough away from the interstate so you don't get the traffic noise you get when close.

These particular mattresses need to be turned more frequently than what they're doing here. Getting into bed, there is a definite "dent" in the sleeping area and moving to the center of the bed for me doesn't cut it.

The local cable tv carrier is not following the new rules regarding commercial volume levels. Each time any TV program went to commercial, I had to grab the remote and crank the sound down. I mean it was significant and highly annoying. Certainly not the fault of the hotel, but the CATV folks needs to get in compliance with the rules.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Samantha M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Wytheville, responded to this review, 23 September 2013
Thank you for your review, we do have a structured plan of when we
flip our mattresses. We try to stay on that plan to keep them from getting off track.

Also thank you for bringing to my attention about the commericals
I will give our cable company a call to see what we can do about those high volume on commericals.

I hope you have a wonderful trip.

Suncook, New Hampshire, United States
Reviewed 19 September 2013

This was my first time in Wytheville and my group stayed at this hotel for 9 days on business. It was a great hotel, my only complaint was the satellite TV was not very good. Spacious and clean rooms and the breakfast was very good. Great staff in the front of the hotel and they even hand delivered fedex deliveries for us. We strongly recommend the Log House 1776 restaurant in town, most others were not very good. Kind of a food desert in this area of Virginia, you have to look for the good restaurants. Way too many low quality chain restaurants.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your review, we always try to make everyone as comfortable as
possiable. We are happy to see you enjoyed your time with us and can't wait for your
return.

Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed 15 September 2013

This new hotel is located close to I-77 in a quiet location. We had requested a low floor, away from the elevator. We were in # 105, which I wouldn't recommend to anyone since two large AC units are located outside the room and are very noisy, especially late at night. Other that that, the room was very comfortable, with wireless access, microfridge and microwave.

Room Tip: For a room on the first floor, request a room away from outside AC units.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Samantha M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Wytheville, responded to this review, 19 September 2013
Thank you for your review about our hotel.
We enjoy all the feedbcak.
I am pleased to see that other than a noisy AC unit outside that you were
pleased with your stay.
We hope to keep you coming back for more wonderful service.

Fairfield Inn & Suites, WYtheville VA