“Excellent stay!”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Wytheville
Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in Wytheville
Reviewed 25 October 2013 via mobile

All employees were courteous and welcoming. The room was very clean and comfortable, and the bathroom was clean, bright and fresh looking. Breakfast service was very good.
We were in room 201. Our only suggestion would be that the room needs more light-- a floor lamp and an additional bedside table and lamp.
Overall this Fairfield offers an excellent stay for weary travelers.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Samantha M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Wytheville, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

Thank you for your wonderful review. we are happy to hear we meet your
expectations, also thank you for the feedbcak about the lighting. I
will check into seeing what we can do to maybe brighten that room up
a bit.

Best Regards,

Fairfield Inn & Suites Wytheville VA

Reviewed 24 October 2013

What a pleasant surprise, our first time at Fairfield Inn & Suites. The layout, decor, and friendliness were not expected. The fireplace in the reception area was really appreciated being as it was in the low 40's while we were there. The breakfast was a more than we expected. The only problem was with the shower area, which had several area of mold. This was reported to the local management. Hopefully, there will be action on this. Also, the beds were very comfortable.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

hotel. Also thank you for bringing my attention to the
mold in the shower we have gotten that taken care of and
cleaned so that the next guest doesnt have to experience
this situation.

It is always wonderful the feedback we recieve from our guest for
ways to imporve.

Sincerly,

Fairfield Inn & Suites Wytheville VA

Reviewed 14 October 2013

We were greeted by very friendly staff that checked us in and gave us recommendations of places to eat in the area. The hotel and room we're clean and the king size bed very comfy. Breakfast is served till 9:30 on the weekends. We went for breakfast at 8:45 and though it was crowded, everything was well stocked.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Samantha M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Wytheville, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2013

Thank you so much for your wonderful reviews as always all of
our guest are welcomed and treated like family. I am pleased
you enjoyed your stay.

Best regards,

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Stayed here 2 nights on business. At check in I was upgraded to a King Suite from studio, which is always nice. Room was on first floor, facing the mountains/corn field out back. The room was very large with higher than normal ceilings, very new furnishings with couch, chair, large desk, corner console with TV, plus mini fridge and microwave. Bathroom also very large. Bedroom in a separate area with another TV, also large space. Hotel has an indoor pool and hot tub, plus an outdoor lounge area for nicer weather. Fitness center has 2 treadmills and an elliptical, but no free weights or other equipment, a small downside as I try to get in workouts while on the road. Free breakfast in the morning is standard for Fairfield Inn, staff very good with replenishing food quickly. Only downside was hallway noise, as doors cannot be closed quietly, and I was close to the side entrance with lots of traffic. Also staff smoke outside the side door, so I had to walk through that a few times, but I'm sure their other options are limited. Overall this is a nice property with great views and easy on/off to Interstates 81 and 77. I will definitely stay here again when business brings me back to this part of the state.

Room Tip: Rooms at back of hotel have a nicer view of the mountains.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your wonderful review and feedback.
I have actually thought of making a designated smoking area away from the doors
for employees so that guest arent having to walk threw unwanted clouds of smoke.

I do apologize for that inconvience.

Thank you and can't wait for your return,

Reviewed 4 October 2013 via mobile

Best Fairfield I've ever stayed at. Beautiful view from back of hotel. Very clean. Hotel is in a great location. Excellent breakfast included and fantastic staff! Good for business travelers or families.....

• Stayed: October 2013

Thank you for your wonderful compliments, we always want to
WOW our guest and keep them coming back. We are pleased that
you had a wonderful stay.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 3 October 2013

We had to stay here for a week due to a family emergency in the area. The staff was extremely kind and helpful. The rooms were clean and spacious. The breakfast was very good. I loved the combination of southern hospitality and efficiency. I would definitely recommend this hotel as a great place to stay when in this area.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Samantha M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Wytheville, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2013

Thank you for the wonderful review, we are happy we could
help you in your time of neeed. If you need anything in the future
please let us know.

Fairfield Inn & Suites
Wytheville, VA

Reviewed 30 September 2013

We stayed here on our trip home from St. Petersburg, Florida to Erie, PA. It is pretty much the last stop on I-77 for any decent lodging before Charleston and we stopped around 9:00 pm. I initially tried to book a room on the Marriott site because I am a Marriott Rewards member, however it did not give me the option and was labeled as "not available". Upon arrival at the hotel when I checked with the front desk person she informed me she was not sure why it said that and assured me they had availability.

I asked to book a Jacuzzi suite with a king bed so I could relax my sore muscles after all the driving and I was immediately accommodated without issue. The staff member in charge of the desk was very friendly and helpful. The room was clean and very comfortable and the Jacuzzi tub well worth the additional cost (I paid $127 plus taxes which I thought was a reasonable rate considering the upgrade). They also provide you with two bars of soap (one for body and one for face), Pantene shampoo and conditioner and Vaseline intensive care lotion (travel sizes) which is an added bonus. There is a pool and hot tub in pool area although we did not take advantage of them. The internet service was good as well.

They have very comfortable beds and the pillows are very soft making for a good nights sleep. The view out of our window was very pretty in the morning showcasing the hills of Virginia. Breakfast was simple but very good with scrambled eggs, fresh fruit, sausage patties, yogurt, waffles, cereal and an assortment of bagels, toast and muffins. Overall, I would say it is a great value for the price given that you get such comfortable accommodations and breakfast.

Room Tip: We had room 229 which is a Jacuzzi suite and is also accessible for those with disabilities. There...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank caminocowgirl
Samantha M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Wytheville, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2013

Thank you for your wonderful review, we are happy we could accomidate you and go above and beyond to make your stay a wonderful one. I will make sure to let all of the staff know that there hard work is appreicated by wonderful guest like yourself.

We cant wait to see you again in the future.

Have a wonderful day and safe travels,