“Very dated rooms”

Ranked #13 of 20 Hotels in Wytheville
Toronto, Canada
“Very dated rooms”
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Felt like a 70's style hotel room.
Entry cards very hard to work and room not overly clean.
I would not recommend this place.
The only good thing was the breakfast. A sit down restaurant style area and help yourself to the buffet.
Other than that, not a great experience.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Guelph
Reviewed 4 January 2014

Seventh stay at this hotel, 5th time - toilet problem - had to switch rooms.
Freezing room on arriva this timel. Turned on heat - went to dinner - still very cold on return. Heater blew heat for 5 min. then cool for 5 min. Same all night. Room switch offered but too tired to do so. Light bulb missing over desk. Filters in heater clogged. Who's checking these things.
15% discount offered - haven't seen it yet.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

2 Thank RobertTessier
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 3 January 2014

We travelled from Florida to Virginia, and spent a freezing night in Wytheville, Virginia. To begin with, the room was not connected to the lobby. This meant that when I discovered that the beds had no blankets, I had to walk from the outer reaches of the property to the lobby. When I reached the front desk, I was informed, not too kindly, that the blankets were located in the drawers underneath the TV. After a chilly march back to the room in the cold, I was not happy to find a wadded up, faded, thin, very worn blanket in the drawer. Additionally, the fitness center was closed well before the 10pm closing time. I may be overly picky, but I don't think so...this place was sub par.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Linda B
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed 1 January 2014

Our server Mckayla was very efficient, friendly and helpful. It was a pleasure dining with such a cheerful and pleasant staff serving us. The hotel was clean and the front staff friendly and very helpful. When my key didn't work the front desk staff made new ones but also came with me to ensure they worked. That was over what I expected so than you for that.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
atlanta
Reviewed 30 December 2013

My husband and I were looking for nice place to go for New Years Eve dining and dancing. While I was on facebook, the advertisement came up for this hotel and what it was offering for that night. Although, I stil had a few questions...This was on Sunday evening that I called, and the front desk person, knew nothing of the sort of this celebration. So, she connected me to the lounge, they knew nothing of the sort either. The lounge did not know how to connect me back to the front desk, so I made another call, (not 800 number which at this point and time, the ft. desk rec. may have advised me of that number) considering the disconnections and hang ups from wherever she tried to transfer me to. But my journey started again when I called Tues . evening, I wont go into detail, but lets just say, I'm not stopping here...
Good luck if you stay here, but I think i'll try someplace else...

LKS

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lisasmith12345
Travellers also viewed these Wytheville hotels
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Wytheville
The Bolling Wilson Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Comfort Suites Wytheville
Comfort Suites Wytheville
#4 of 20 in Wytheville

Been to Ramada Wytheville? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Ramada Wytheville

Property: Ramada Wytheville
Address: 955 Peppers Ferry Rd, Wytheville, VA 24382-4041 (Formerly Ramada Hotel Wytheville)
Region: United States > Virginia > Wytheville
Bar / Lounge Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #13 of 20 Hotels in Wytheville
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Ramada Wytheville 2.5*
The Ramada Wytheville, VA is located at Exit 41 on I-77 at the intersection of I-77 and I-81 on Peppers Ferry Rd. This Wytheville hotel is one mile north of historic downtown Wytheville, the Wolfarht Haus Dinner Theatre and the Log House Restaurant. As the finest of Wytheville hotels it is near the beautiful Blue Ridge Parkway, Mt Rogers National Rec Area, and the historic Shot Tower State Park. Also nearby are the Appalachian Trail, Big Walker Mountain Lookout, Hungry Mother State Park, New River Trail State Park and the Jefferson National Forest. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ramada Wytheville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Ramada Wytheville Hotel Wytheville