“Nothing to complain about at this price!” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Ramada Wytheville
Ranked #13 of 20 Hotels in Wytheville
Chesapeake, Virginia
“Nothing to complain about at this price!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2014

The Ramada in Wytheville is definitely a bargain motel but I got a ridiculously low price on Priceline so I was prepared for a pretty bad room. I was surprised to find that my room was not nasty, run down, uncomfortable, smelly, nor were there any bugs and I did look under the mattresses for bedbugs. Folks, you get what you pay for and here you will find a decent room at a decent price. The room did smell like cleaning products but due to the cleaning products, the room was clean. I repeat...there were no bugs to be found. The mattresses were comfortable and appeared to be fairly new. The staff was pleasant and the food in the attached restaurant decent for a fair price. This is no resort but they have a nice pool which I did not use due to it being February when I stayed. The FREE breakfast was not bad for a FREE breakfast so quit whining that it was not a grand catered affair. The previous bad reviews seem exaggerated to me but I often see people wanting a lot for their small investment. It just does not make sense. If you require luxury accommodations, stop being cheap and dig deep in your pockets. As for me, I will happily stay at the Ramada in Wytheville and enjoy keeping most of my money in my pockets. Thanks for a nice stay Ramada!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
RamadaWytheville, General Manager at Ramada Wytheville, responded to this review, 9 January 2015
Dear Guest,

Thank You for taking time to review our Ramada. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you again soon.

During your future stay make sure to ask for special discount that we offer to our guests for in-house restaurant "Southern Diner" as well in-house lounge "peppers lounge"

kind regards,

JK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Toledo, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014 via mobile

A group of us stopped in this hotel on our way back to Ohio from Florida, and boy were we sorry. When we pulled up to check in, there was a sign on the main door saying it was broken- go around to the side door. After receiving the key cards, we proceed to go to our rooms. They were very outdated, there was rust spots on the sheets(which we first thought was blood) and a weird smell that I would equate to a hospital scented ashtray. While showering, I had a large piece of paint from the ceiling fall on me. Yuck!
Overall, I guess it's better than sleeping in your car...maybe.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Kristen S
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2014

Felt like a 70's style hotel room.
Entry cards very hard to work and room not overly clean.
I would not recommend this place.
The only good thing was the breakfast. A sit down restaurant style area and help yourself to the buffet.
Other than that, not a great experience.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Guelph
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2014

Seventh stay at this hotel, 5th time - toilet problem - had to switch rooms.
Freezing room on arriva this timel. Turned on heat - went to dinner - still very cold on return. Heater blew heat for 5 min. then cool for 5 min. Same all night. Room switch offered but too tired to do so. Light bulb missing over desk. Filters in heater clogged. Who's checking these things.
15% discount offered - haven't seen it yet.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

2 Thank RobertTessier
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2014

We travelled from Florida to Virginia, and spent a freezing night in Wytheville, Virginia. To begin with, the room was not connected to the lobby. This meant that when I discovered that the beds had no blankets, I had to walk from the outer reaches of the property to the lobby. When I reached the front desk, I was informed, not too kindly, that the blankets were located in the drawers underneath the TV. After a chilly march back to the room in the cold, I was not happy to find a wadded up, faded, thin, very worn blanket in the drawer. Additionally, the fitness center was closed well before the 10pm closing time. I may be overly picky, but I don't think so...this place was sub par.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family