“OK, better than I thought”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #17 of 20 Hotels in Wytheville
Reviewed 15 January 2008

I was going to give this Hotel a slightly bad review, untill I stayed in the same Hotel in Hermitage PA. This hotel was cheap, $55.. and the internet was fast. My only complaint was the commode flushing in the night (woke me up), and the tub drain assembly was rotting out. However, it had a nice free breakfast. This hotel made the same hotel in Hermitage PA look like shame. And yes, it was clean, and the staff was very nice.

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Quality Inn & Suites

Reviewed 3 January 2008

While traveling, my wife and I stayed one night, December 17, at this hotel using a coupon from a travelers book. The room was fine, nothing outstanding. The next morning we would check out, and I went down to the breakfast room, which was very small for a hotel this size. There was no milk or half and half for coffee, no orange or cranberry juice. When I went to the counter there was another man there complaining to the lone desk clerk, a female. She said she was sorry but they were out of everything and she was the only person there. That was not very encouraging. My wife came downstairs and met me and I saw a maid in the hallway and asked if the desk clerk was the only one working there. She said yes, and I told her what happened and she went into the breakfast area to see if she could help find some waffle mix. The desk clerk also was in the side room and we saw her drop about 10 pieces of bread on the floor and pick them up and put them on the counter. We watched to see if she, because of the shortage of food, might put them back on the serving area but they didn't. The maid put on gloves, which the desk clerk was not (I hope she washed her hands after handling credit cards and money) and helped out. My wife spoke to the desk clerk and she said they were almost out of everything and would not have a delivery until the following day. I knew anyone arriving that night would not have a good morning the next day. You would think she could call the owner or manager to go to the grocery store and get some milk for children that were there. I think we learned a new lesson, to ask if they are well stocked for a breakfast in the morning if it is offered at check in.
Only other thing is this is a four story hotel and only has one small elevator. Not a big deal, unless it is busy. And the back of the hotel faces a fairly busy street with a lot of noise early in the morning. Scratch this hotel off my list of ones to return to.

NOTE TO TRIPADVISOR: I thought I had wrote a review on this already but I don't see it on a search on my list or in my profile. I may have lost a connection when submitting it If I have not, please submit this and delete this paragraph...

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 September 2007

Our stay at the Quality Inn was a very pleasant experience. The motel staff was very friendly and helpful. We found our room to be clean. The beds were very comfortable and we sleep soundly with no outside noise.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled on business
2  Thank rpmElloree_SC
Reviewed 2 March 2007

We stopped here on our way back to Michigan from North Carolina. I picked this hotel because it said there were suites. The room we had was one of the smallest rooms I have ever had at a choice hotel. The bed spread was very old, had burns on it and what looked like blood stains. In my opinion, it should have been thrown out a long time ago. There was a fridge, but no microwave. There was not a sofa or sitting area or anything. Why do they call this a Quality Suites? It was not quality, and these were definately not suites.

• Stayed: December 2006, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 July 2006

We stayed here just one night on our way down to Myrtle Beach from Toronto. The girl at the desk was horribly miserable, she had just finished having a dispute with someone booking a room over the phone over pets in the hotel.

Anyways, It's basically your average budget hotel. Rooms were average and clean, the furniture/decor was simple. The light over the sinks flickered alot. The A/C was noisy and the room had an odd smell. Not the type of hotel we would usually stay in, but the location just off the interstate was great. We never got a chance to use the pool, but it seemed very nice and clean.

There is a Bob Evans and a Cracker Barrel just across the street. We ate at Bob Evans which was nice after a long drive. It's in a beautiful area by the way, right by the mountains.

Overall it's a great hotel if you need a place to rest during a long road trip. Not the type of hotel were you want to be staying more than 1 night though.

• Stayed: June 2006, travelled with family
3  Thank hozombel
Reviewed 17 June 2006

After reading reveiws on this hotel, we booked a night. When we arrived, we found that the pool heater was broken, the hot tub was broken and the water fountain in the lobby was broken. However, the room was clean and quiet and the beds were comfortable. Breakfast was varied and tasty. I thought this hotel was failry new, I was surprised, and my daughter disappointed about the pool.

Stayed: June 2006
3  Thank soleiloc
Reviewed 23 June 2005

We were just here for the night, but I enjoyed this motel. The rooms were spacious and clean. The expanded continental breakfast was fine. There was an indoor pool. There is a nice and inexpensive Chinese restaurant just up the hill in walking distance. The motel is easy access off the highway and ideal for one traveling through.

Stayed: May 2005