“Bed Bug Warning!!!”

Ranked #15 of 20 Hotels in Wytheville
Innisfil, Canada
“Bed Bug Warning!!!”
Reviewed 13 January 2014

Checked in no problem. front desk was pleasant. Woke up in the morning to a bed bug crawling just inches from my face on my pillow. I killed it and brought it to the front desk. They played dumb and pretended they had no idea whatsoever what this mysterious bug was. Their first response before I even said anything was that they couldn't adjust the price and I would have to call the manager the next day. No apologies, nothing. And I had to call him. They didn't even have the decency to make a note and have the manager call me. They obviously don't care too much about their customers. The paying customer shouldn't have to call a different day to talk to a manager over a fairly serious situation. I did not call the manager as it shouldn't be my job. We now have 5 loads of laundry to do that is currently in quarantine in the garage. I waited a day to give the hotel a chance to do something about it before I wrote this review. They have done nothing to right this situation so I am writing this. Quality Inn has lost my trust. I'll sleep in the car next time.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Jayson B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Palm Bay
Reviewed 27 October 2013

We love Wytheville and the area and we'll be back! But our car club will never stay at this hotel again. It's a wonderful town that is very customer/family friendly like the olden days. Then a greedy hotel owner doesn't give the common courtesy (and prior agreement) that every hotel gives everywhere else we go.... He needs to go buy some hotels in big cities and not infect these nice little towns. The few dollars he made will cost him a lot in the future. Boycott.

Room Tip: There are great rooms right across the street at the other hotels.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Fastclown
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Anyone who has stayed at this chain brand knows that the establishments vary greatly in quality. After some bad experiences elsewhere, I was apprehensive about this stay, but I was (thankfully) relieved. Overall my stay was above average, but I wouldn't go to say it was very good. I really had no signficant complaints whatsoever. The room was very clean, to include the bathroom and vanity area, but some touch up repairs to furniture would be in order. The refrigerator in the room was very quiet, and the room overall was very quiet too. The halls are very well lit.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Mike D
Monticello
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Just an average older hotel that could use some updating. Our room was next to elevator and we heard it all night long.
Breakfast was typical Choice Hotel fare. Located just off the interstate. Would try a different hotel the next time we're in town.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Indiana
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Took a little while to get checked in. The clerk was excellent, and even brought out a crib for my son. She went above and beyond

Room was smaller, but mostly clean and had everything we needed. Great for a halfway stopping point on a trip. Indoor pool and breakfast were nice too.

The visitors center in VA has coupons for this hotel and its cheaper than booking online. Would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013
Fayetteville, NC
Reviewed 3 September 2013 via mobile

While traveling home over the Labor Day weekend; I decided to stop for the night at this hotel. I did not have reservations and it was the 2nd hotel that I looked into at this location. Of course, being a Sunday night and Labor Day weekend, the prices of the rooms were slightly above average.

This hotel was clean and neat. The room smelled good and was equally clean too.

The breakfast in average; scrambled eggs, waffles, yogurt, and fruit. The food was plentiful and readily available.

I would stay here again, if the prices were just a tad bit cheaper.

• Stayed September 2013
Bangula
Reviewed 30 August 2013

I pulled off the highway and this was the first hotel off the road. The hotel was clean and comfortable, but it was tired looking. The carpets and bathrooms had certainly seen better days. For the overall fit and finish I found the price high. The breakfast was ok, but was very pre-prepared. The welcome staff were very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the back side to avoid some road noise
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo