“Clean and comfortable” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #17 of 20 Hotels in Wytheville
Cincinnati, OH
“Clean and comfortable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2009

Our room was clean except a little odor that I only noticed when I first entered. The bed was comfortable. The hot waffles for breakfast were good. The lady that checked us in was friendly. Good value.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2008

Convenient access to/from I-77/I-81, numerous restaurants and gas stations nearby.

Hotel and room could be a little cleaner. Not many available electrical outlets so I found it hard to recharge my phone. Also, I had to unplug the power cord from the refrigerator so I could plug in the microwave to use it.

Breakfast was decent, typical continental breakfast items, nothing spectacular.

Staff was friendly. This is a good stopping point for anybody doing long-haul traveling.

• Stayed December 2008
Nanaimo, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2008

Good location, comfortable room, good pool and sauna facilities although somewhat dirty (garbage,cigarette butts not cleaned up.) OK breakfast but inferior to the breakfasts we get at the Holiday Inn Express we've stayed at. Staff at reception were rude and unhelpful. When we checked in they made us feel as if our visit was a nuisance and an interruption( the reception girl was reading the paper), no smiles or greetings whenever we encountered staff. A real attitude problem. If they worked for me I'd fire them in a minute. and what a difference to the previous hotel we stayed at the Holiday Inn at Meadville Pennsylvania where the staff were always smiling, asking you if you had everything you need. A welcome call to the room after you check in and a followup email after we checked out thanking us for our visit. Small things but what a difference they make.

• Liked — pool and sauna open 24 hours
  • Disliked — rude and unhelpful staff
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
Mt. Juliet, TN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2008

We stayed at this motel 2 nights (Friday and Saturday). The staff was friendly and helpful. Our room was nice with a king size bed and pull out love seat. Normally it is hard to sleep in a hotel bed but not so here. The bed was extremely comfortable and the pillows were soft and fluffy. The bathroom was very clean, which is extremely important. The free breakfast was good and a nice plus. The hallways had a nice scent, which is uncommon for a lot of hotels. The hotel is in a great location and has easy access to the interstate. There were a number of restaurants to choose from – Chinese, Mexican, Applebee’s, fast food, etc. We would definitely choose to stay at this motel again.

Mt. Juliet, TN

• Liked — the bed and the location
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
Nashville
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2008

When we arrived at this hotel, we were greeted with a girl who looked like she hated working there. Not once did she smile or make us feel welcome. The rest of the staff (cleaning crew) were outside complaining. Not what I wanted to hear after a 7 hour drive.
When we went to the rooms, they had a foul odor. The hotel halls were hot. The paint on the indoor pool is chipping in the pool. The owner's son didn't seem too concerned. The Hot Tub quit working and there were not any towels for their guests. Again, the owner's son didn't seem too concerned. The toilet in one of our rooms stopped up and overflowed. I called the owner's son again, and he offered for me to come and get a plunger. At that time, my brother was really upset. Therefore, the son sent a young woman to come and unclog the toilet. When she left, no one brought us clean towels. At this point, we were ready for a refund and wanted to go somewhere else. This was suppose to be a 4 star hotel....

• Liked — The location was great- and the beds slept well
  • Disliked — The Staff was awful!
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled with family
Ocean Isle Beach
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2008

I was going to give this Hotel a slightly bad review, untill I stayed in the same Hotel in Hermitage PA. This hotel was cheap, $55.. and the internet was fast. My only complaint was the commode flushing in the night (woke me up), and the tub drain assembly was rotting out. However, it had a nice free breakfast. This hotel made the same hotel in Hermitage PA look like shame. And yes, it was clean, and the staff was very nice.

• Liked — Cheap, free breakfast.
  • Disliked — maintenance of bathroom.
  • Stayed January 2008, travelled as a couple
Ormond Beach, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2008

While traveling, my wife and I stayed one night, December 17, at this hotel using a coupon from a travelers book. The room was fine, nothing outstanding. The next morning we would check out, and I went down to the breakfast room, which was very small for a hotel this size. There was no milk or half and half for coffee, no orange or cranberry juice. When I went to the counter there was another man there complaining to the lone desk clerk, a female. She said she was sorry but they were out of everything and she was the only person there. That was not very encouraging. My wife came downstairs and met me and I saw a maid in the hallway and asked if the desk clerk was the only one working there. She said yes, and I told her what happened and she went into the breakfast area to see if she could help find some waffle mix. The desk clerk also was in the side room and we saw her drop about 10 pieces of bread on the floor and pick them up and put them on the counter. We watched to see if she, because of the shortage of food, might put them back on the serving area but they didn't. The maid put on gloves, which the desk clerk was not (I hope she washed her hands after handling credit cards and money) and helped out. My wife spoke to the desk clerk and she said they were almost out of everything and would not have a delivery until the following day. I knew anyone arriving that night would not have a good morning the next day. You would think she could call the owner or manager to go to the grocery store and get some milk for children that were there. I think we learned a new lesson, to ask if they are well stocked for a breakfast in the morning if it is offered at check in.
Only other thing is this is a four story hotel and only has one small elevator. Not a big deal, unless it is busy. And the back of the hotel faces a fairly busy street with a lot of noise early in the morning. Scratch this hotel off my list of ones to return to.

NOTE TO TRIPADVISOR: I thought I had wrote a review on this already but I don't see it on a search on my list or in my profile. I may have lost a connection when submitting it If I have not, please submit this and delete this paragraph...

• Liked — Room was clean
  • Disliked — Lack of food, drinks at the continental breakfast. Especially poor planning during a holiday period and running out of supplies.
  • Stayed December 2007, travelled as a couple