“Very nice room”

La Quinta Inn Wytheville
Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in Wytheville
“Very nice room”
Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

On a road trip, I stopped here for one night because the rooms have refrigerators and there is free WiFi. (I also had a coupon.) My room was spotless and the carpet looked new. There is an indoor pool, but once I stretched out on the super comfy bed ("pillow-top" doesn't do it justice) I lost interest in swimming. I also was impressed by the quality of the towels, which were large and fluffy. Several other reviewers mentioned noise, but although my room was close to the elevator and the ice machine, the only noise I heard was from some of the other guests slamming doors as they left in the morning. The staff were friendly and efficient.

Overall, I was pleased with my stay and I definitely will stop there again.

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank M L K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Shalimar
Reviewed 30 June 2014

No better places have I ever stayed. Friendly, pet friendly, pool, spa, exercise room, super clean, and last a great breakfast to get you on the road.....FREE! Everyone is very concerned about your well being and want you to have a grerat time during your stay. I would recommend LaQuinta to everyone who wants a great place for a great rate!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

We stopped here for one night. Room was extremely clean--I had to move a nightstand over and it was even clean behind it. We stayed in a king room with a jetted tub. It is just a regular sized tub with jacuzzi jets, so I wouldn't pay fly the extra for it again. There is a lovely view of the mountains from some rooms of the hotel. Breakfast was just ok, and they should put out folding chairs in the morning. Very little seating for families, but some folding chairs could make a 2 top into a 4 top. Convenient location from the interstate.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank lanoneus
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Breakfast bar is very average nothing special. Very crowded and not enough room to accommodate guests.

Rooms drab but clean and adequate. Mattress excellent. Received unrequested (and not desired) wake up call at 6:15 AM on Saturday AM. Bathroom clean.

No snacks in vending machines (only a few Coke products)

All in all at this price point I was expecting more.

Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Jabrd
Fredericksburg, Texas
Reviewed 21 June 2014

The lobby is drab and unappealing, the front desk staff didn't seem to care much about their job, our room smelled like dog urine, and the whole place looked old and in need of a refurb. We will not stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends

Medina
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Nice building, , but expensive for area and breakfast is pretty much a complete loss. I think there are better choices for less money in Wytheville, Va. Plenty of local options available. Nice building, , but expensive for area and breakfast is pretty much a complete loss. I think there are better choices for less money in Wytheville, Va. Plenty of local options available.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Logan, Ohio
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We rented three rooms for one night. My father had his guide dog with him yet had to stay in a second floor room. Apparently the ground floor has suites. Not a big deal. The hotel had LOTS of dogs staying for the night, yet it was pretty quiet all night.

The hotel offers a AAA discount even though the AAA book doesn't mention it.

Our room came with a mini-fridge, microwave and coffee pot. It was clean and comfortable. My only gripe was that there was not a diet soda to be found in the place. Every machine was sold out whether I wanted a bottle or a can. I refused to even try a caffeine-free diet soda. At least the machines gave me my money back.

The hotel is right next to the Red Roof Inn. We walked to Bob Evans Restaurant for dinner (so I got my Diet Coke to go), and could have walked to a Cracker Barrel as well.

We utilized the free wi-fi, indoor swimming pool and free continental breakfast.

My only concern was one of the exits. It appeared as though the electronic key access was removed from the building, and the wires were taped up. My main concern was whether or not this unmonitored access to the hotel was left unlocked all night. I just tried not to think about it, and locked my door on the second floor. The lobby has security cameras pointed at the front desk.

Room Tip: If you aren't a fan of dogs, you might want to stress that you'd like to be away from them...