“Wytheville VA Hampton Inn”

Hampton Inn Wytheville
Ranked #10 of 20 Hotels in Wytheville
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Check in was slow due to only one desk person checking guests in...backed up to 5 guests checking in at one time. Desk person was very efficient...but they needed a second person...she answered the phone too. Free Internet service was very slow to the point of being essentially unusable. I tethered at my own expense instead. Room rate of about $140 before taxes is getting rather high for a minimum service hotel in a rural area. Lots of noisy children in the hotel the night I stayed but the room was very quiet. Very clean. Probably worth the extra $30-$40 per night when compared to other minimum service hotels in the immediate area. Many restaurants in the immediate area made dinner easy. I will stay here again as I travel through this area 3 or 4 times a year.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Barbara J, General Manager at Hampton Inn Wytheville, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Thank you for your honest review. I will have my staff look into the issue with our internet immediately, and ensure that our Front Desk Manager is properly scheduling additional staff on busy nights. We always strive to give each guest a clean comfortable room that reflects the highest levels of standards. I am pleased to hear that we meet your expectations. I am will forward to your return.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Just not up to the usual standard of Hampton. Have noted that it is poorly run and under staffed. Our wait to check in was slow. There were other guests waiting and lone staff member was on the telephone on hotel business. Just not a good over all experience. We had stayed there 3 years ago and had a similar experience but had forgotten. Won't forget again!

1  Thank Terri R

Terri,
I apologize for the bad experience you had at our hotel. At your earliest convenience please call me to discuss the issues so that I can address my staff and hopefully improve your experience that you had with us. I can be reached at 276.228.6090.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Stayed on our way to and from the beach. The lobby is nicely remodeled but the rooms could use the same. Our first room was okay, clean, nice adjustable shower head, and good AC. Upon return, our room smelled musty and the bathroom was set back and very small. There was a cut out for a dressing area that was empty and a door for the closet was particle board painted brown. AC did not work well. Very strange, since the first room was just fine. Breakfast was fine, coffee, juices, eggs, and make your own waffles, fruit, etc. Bed were okay, a little on the soft side. A bit pricey, but the have their market cornered. Not one of the newly remodeled Hampton's. Would stay again, but would ask for another room if I got the second room again. It was already midnight, so I didn't bother this time.

Room Tip: Ask for large bathroom room.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Barbara J, General Manager at Hampton Inn Wytheville, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Ms. Curly8

I’m surprised that you had this issue I appreciate you taken the time to fill out a review. I will have my Head Housekeeper look into this matter so it won’t happen again. We look forward for your next stay at the Hampton Inn Wytheville

Warm regards

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Lovely location, beautiful rooms and an indoor pool with great breakfast. Check in was very fast and easy, breakfast had quite a crowd but we never ran out of food - kids were treated like kings. Beds were clean and bathroom was well stocked.

Ms. Deborah,

Thanks.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

We had a comfortable stay, with the breakfast area clean and filling. The desk clerks were courteous. There are not too many eateries close to the hotel. If the opportunity presents itself, we will stay at this property again.

Room Tip: Challenging to get to from I-81 northbound. Request an upper floor room on the back
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

PhilOp48

It's so great to hear that you had a wonderful experience during your stay. We love serving wonderful guests such as yourself and appreciate your feedback and time that it takes to write these reviews.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

We recently spent the night here on our way down to Hilton Head. We found the room clean and the beds comfortable. Our only complaint were the three small pillows provided. Not sure why most hotels provide three small pillows instead of two standard size. The breakfast was good and the staff was very friendly. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

The Family

Thank you for your kind words. We try to accomadate as best we can per brand standards . I appreciate you letting us know what you think and am glad that you were ovall satisfied and will come back the next time tou are in the area.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

Nothing bad -- just not up to Hampton's usual standards. The lamp switch on the bedside table didn't work, so I swapped it with the one on the other side of the bed, which was plugged in behind the bed and hard to reach. The bottom of the tub was so slick that I almost fell when I got in the shower, probably due to whatever product the cleaning crew uses. No electrical outlet for the coffeemaker in the room -- had to move it to the bathroom to make coffee. Next time I will choose a different location.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo