“Excellent Won Ton Soup!”

Peking Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 59 Restaurants in Wytheville
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Kids, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Groups
Greenville, South Carolina
“Excellent Won Ton Soup!”
Reviewed 1 November 2013 via mobile

One of my initial impressions of a Chinese restaurant is their won ton soup. At Peking, the soup was brothy with lots of vegetables, the way I like it. One of the best. We ordered combination platters. I had the Cha Cha Shrimp which was good, not great. One of the spices was too strong for my taste. Five spice I think. My wife had a chicken and beef in brown sauce dish that was good but the sauce was missing something. I guess we are hard to please! Service was prompt, friendly and attentive. We would go back but probably order a different dish.

Bluefield
“Horrible food, rude hostess”
Reviewed 31 October 2013 via mobile

Stopped here going home from NC. Egg tollways good. Hot &Sour soup ok. Kung Pao chicken worst ever had. Basically shredded chicken swimming in dark soy sauce. Yech! Ordered with medium spice, had none besides soul fried rice helping was very small. Hostess rude upon ck out.

Will never return. They have no clue how to fix Chinese food!

Visited October 2013
1 Thank brookiefly
Wise, Virginia
“Food was not fresh ”
Reviewed 21 October 2013 via mobile

We stopped here on our way back home from DC. Egg rolls tasted freezer burned. Scallops were rubbery. The garlic sauce was ok, as were the vegetables. The rice was ok as well. Service was good. Just not a great meal.

Rural Retreat, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good place to eat if you like Chinese food”
Reviewed 9 October 2013

We eat here all of the time for lunch, since they have lunch specials and you can eat for less than $10. You can special order and there is no extra charge. The wait staff, on the most part, is friendly and helpful. The food does sometimes vary according to who is cooking, sometimes it is too spicy for me. I would recommend this.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Becky D
Wythevlle
“Ripped off.”
Reviewed 5 October 2013

I purchased something for dinner that was only on the lunch menu. They only gave me a half plate so it would be the same as a lunch menu portion. Then they charged me a full dinner price. I get tired o hearing that only comes with brown rice. This is the south. Discover sweet tea. I mean real sweet tea. Trebor

• Visited August 2013