“Beautiful NEW hotel with QUIET DOORS!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express and Suites Wytheville

Holiday Inn Express and Suites Wytheville
Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Wytheville
Cleveland, Tennessee
“Beautiful NEW hotel with QUIET DOORS!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2012

I always ask to be on an upper floor away from noise, but it always seems to find me!!! This is why I was so impressed with the doors in this hotel...they can not clunk shut unless you are trying to make them slam! I even tested the stairwell doors which were right across the hall from my room and they were hydrolic doors that allowed them to close quietly too! I would say that the rooms must be somewhat insulated too since I didn't really hear much from my neighbors. I really love quiet, and I know that I am expecting too much when I am wanting a quiet room, quiet hall, etc. However, this hotel delivered! When we have to stay anywhere near Wytheville...this is where you will find me!
The beds were very comfortable. I don't think I moved the whole night! The pool and hot tub area was very nice. My kids played for over an hour and could have easily stayed in longer! We had the whole pool to ourselves...very relaxing and enjoyable after traveling. The hot tub was pretty warm. The pool has a chair lift which I thought was a nice touch to allow anyone to swim that might otherwise not be able to get in/out. Breakfast the next morning was typical HIExpress, but it did have pancakes. I haven't seen that offered before.
Oddly enough, the only "complaint" I would have is the noisy toilet. It is VERY loud! I wouldn't really even call this a complaint. I guess it just stood out since everything else seemed so quiet! :)

Room Tip: Back side of the hotel would have a great sunset view of the hills. Front side view would be inters...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank MREA5
Anita T, Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Wytheville, responded to this review, 6 December 2012
Thank you so much for the review! I am so pleased that you found our hotel to be quiet. I understand that when you stay in a hotel you automatically assume that it is going to be noisy. I am glad that we were able to deliver you and your family a quiet comfortable room. It is also pleasing to know that your kids were able to enjoy our indoor heated pool. The pancake maker in the breakfast is an added touch that everyone seems to be enjoying. As for the toilets, we are equipped with the EcoQuantum Dual Flush system so they may seem to be a little louder than others. Thank you for the feedback!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2012

We have stayed at this hotel 4 times since July, going back and forth from Canada to "our otherplace" on Hilton Head Island. It's the newest in the area but a bit hard to find the first time, especially when you're tired after a super long drive. It's perfect in its location and design, everything works great. It is not quit as large as some other Holiday Inn properties but the the design of this hotel is really convenient and makes it easy to get in and out efficiently. Most of the parking is located at the back and the elevators are just steps from the back door along with the breakfast area. The ladies in the breakfast area are very welcoming and attentive.

As a Priority Club Members, the only negetivity would be the fact that you don't get the feeling that they respect Priority Club Members, unless of course you're are a Platinum Club Member. ie.The Priority Club Welcome seems an after thought.

On my way south towards Charlotte , I make sure I get some good sleep before tackling the steep decent on I77 south of Fort Chiswell, this Holiday Inn is situated perfectly for that

3 Thank Seetdeer
Thank you so much for the review! I regret that we are hard to find but we are adding signs in hopes that it will alleviate some of the confusion. We do value our Priority Club members of all levels and I am sorry that you did not get that feeling. The front desk staff are continuously being trained and are provided material to help better serve our members and give them the respect and courtesy they deserve. We are much appreciative that we are your lodging choice during your travels back and forth between places. Please let me know if there is anything that I can do to make your stay more comforting. Thanks again for your feedback.
Goose Creek
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2012

We chose this hotel because it is new and has a no pet policy. The location is not very good and has poor access.Pay close attention to exit# from I-77, otherwise, it is not easy to find. The morning after we arrived, I was greeted at the elevator by a very large dog. The front desk clerk said it was a service dog and they had to accept service animals. Even though the dog owners appeared to be perfectly healthy with no handicaps, it was a big disappointment to be exposed to animals in a hotel with a no pet policy. Hotels should make it policy to reserve 1st floor rooms in the same area of the hotel for service animal guests as not to expose those of us who prefer not to sleep behind animals. The hotel was very clean and nice and the breakfast was good.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for the review! As a requirement by law, we do accept service animals. I understand your concern of reserving the same area for these guests requiring assistance but unfortunately we assign them according to their circumstance. I realize that some may not look to be handicapped but as long as we are provided documentation that the dog serves as some sort of help to that person we are required to accept the person and their service animal. Once the room is vacant housekeeping is alerted that a service animal was placed in that room and extra attention is given. We will review ways to keep these guests in one area of the hotel. As for our difficult location, we have added additional signs in hopes that we can be easily found. I am pleased that you found our hotel to be clean and enjoyed our hot continental breakfast. Thank you again for your feedback and ideas.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2012

This is a very nice, clean hotel with very comfortable beds, nice, modern furnishings and very large rooms. We found it to be too bright at night due to the lights from the parking lot. The room darkening curtains did not adequately shut out the light. Therefore we all had difficulty sleeping, but it was much too late to request a room change. The pool and hot tub area were very nice, but there were quite a few dead bugs on the pool decking. The breakfast was very good, lots of choices. However, there is not a waffle maker which was a bit of a disappointment. There is a pancake maker which makes very thin rubbery pancakes. The eggs and sausage were very good. The real plates and silverware were nice. The young lady at the front desk late night was so pleasant and friendly.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back of the hotel, on the second floor, are very bright at night. The lighting from th...
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Anita T, Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Wytheville, responded to this review, 28 November 2012
Thank you so much for the review! I understand your concern for the lighting in the parking lot. Unfortunately, the lights are there for security reasons. Our pool area is checked on a daily basis by the maintenance staff and the front desk clerks during all shifts so I do apologize that you came across dead bugs. Our breakfast bar offers a variety of hot and cold items so I am pleased that you were able to enjoy most of the items although I am sorry a waffle maker is not currently available. Maybe that is something we can look into in the near future. The real plates do seem to be a big hit and so is our late night front desk ladies (our dayshift ladies are the same)!! Thanks again for you review and your comments are always taken into consideration.
Minneapolis, MN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2012

I was reluctant to book a night at this chain due to some bad experiences with it in the past. I kept coming back to this hotel due to the fact that it is brand new. My experience with this particular hotel raised my hopes in the HI Express chain again.

The room was comfortable and was nicely decorated. It smelled (and was) clean and new from the moment you walked into the lobby. For sports fans, they have the NFL, MLB, NHL, and NBA channels; a thing that made my husband very happy, since it was a Thursday night, and his team was playing.

We also stayed on a night in October, but being from Minnesota, only needed to use the air. No where near cold enough to bother with the heat for us, so couldn't say if the heat worked! I will say the air worked just fine!

Breakfast was very good. It was nice to see that they had healthier turkey breakfast sausage! I would stay here again and recommend it to anyone!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Anita T, Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Wytheville, responded to this review, 27 November 2012
Thank you so much for the review! We just recently added the NFL Sunday Ticket to our channel line-up in hopes that it would be a big hit for sports fans (especially husbands, lol). I am so pleased to already be getting a review for it after only having it for a few weeks! We are glad that you enjoyed the breakfast sausages and hope that we continue to raise your hopes in the HI Express chain! We would enjoy having you here again at the HI Express Wytheville, VA!! Thanks again.
Peterborough, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2012

Our first time arrival and locating this hotel was somewhat difficult since we arrived after dark and the hotel is situated off the main road on a side street behind other buildings and not highly visible from the interstate. Directions are correct but better signage would be very helpful.
The hotel itself being new is is clean and quite nice. Really liked the "Kramer" shower heads, good LCD TV's and restaurant type plates in the excellent breakfast area. Beds were comfortable but cheap foam pillows were uncomfortable and dissapointing in an otherwise good hotel.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for your review! We are a new property and signage is still being placed in areas to help with locating us. We hope that you will see a difference when passing through on your next trip. We are pleased that you enjoyed a few of our many ammenities that we offer but do apologize that the pillows were uncomfortable. They are ordered as a standard supply from corporate so maybe we can ask them about getting something more suitable to our brand. Thanks again for your input as it helps us to better serve you.
cincinnati
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2012

HI Expresses are overall nice, comfortable hotels. This one is quite new and thus, a bit nicer. Loved the quirky, modern decor. The front desk staff was friendly and efficient. The room was large and well-lit. B'fast was perfectly adequate. Several restaurants are close by, but the room had a fridge and microwave, so we ate things we had brought from home including soup. My only complaint is that the bathroom fan is loud and does not operate on a separate switch from the light.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Anita T, Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Wytheville, responded to this review, 29 October 2012
Thank you so much for the great review! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. I do apologize for the noisy bathroom fan. It is being discussed ways that we can change and improve this issue. Thank you for letting us know how well we are doing and where we can improve.