“Stop off spot on way home”

Holiday Inn Express and Suites Wytheville
Ranked #6 of 20 Hotels in Wytheville
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Price was good and rooms adequate. The staff was very friendly. Short distance from the interstate, but a little hard to find. They could use better signage for direction once you are off the highway.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Anita T, Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Wytheville, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2014

Dear guest, we are pleased to know that your overall stay with us was satisfying. We value our guest comments and appreciate you taking the moment and letting us know how we are doing. In regards to the signage, we have added additonal signage since our opening June 2012. I will pass your concern to the innkeeper which will determine additional ways to better locate the hotel. Thanks again for your comment and we hope to see you again real soon :)

Reviewed 4 May 2014

we stayed here on the way home from Myrtle Beach and it was just the right place to stop for the night.

friendly staff and room was great. It was quiet and the bed was comfortable - we did have some issue with the internet not connecting

Room Tip: book ahead - it is a busy location
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 2011taurus
Anita T, Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Wytheville, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Dear guest, we are pleased to know that your recent stay with us was overall satisfying. We value our guest comments and appreciate you taking the moment and letting us know how we are doing. We look forward to your next visit :) Thanks again.

Reviewed 11 April 2014

The hotel staff were REALLY friendly and super helpful. Price was good, furnishings were ok, and the room was clean-ish, but not up to my standards. The room was just showing some age. The A/C and the mini-fridge were really loud, and we ended up having to unplug the fridge in order to sleep. Maybe I am spoiled, because I normally stay at Hilton Garden Inn's (there weren't any in this area). I wouldn't stay again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Adam_Mandy
Anita T, Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Wytheville, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2014

Dear guest, we are pleased that you found the staff friendly and helpful but do regret that we did not completely meet your expectations. Our hotel will be 2 years old in June so everything is still fairly new. We have replaced the bathroom exhaust fans which have made a tremendous difference. We do appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If there is anything that I can do to change your mind about HIE and their affiliates please let me know. We would be delighted for you to give us another chance :)

Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

My family stayed at this Holiday Inn going to and coming back from our vacation in Myrtle Beach, SC. It is conveniently located just minutes off of 77 in Wyethville, VA. The hotel was recently built and is very nice--nice decor and nice rooms with comfortable beds. A plus was the fact that the sheets were smooth and soft and the pillows were not lumpy. We stayed in a standard 2 double bed room, which was adequate for an overnight stay. The room rate was about average for the area. The hotel itself offers free breakfast from 630am through 930am and has an assortment of breakfast type items that you find in most Holiday Inn hotels. The hotel also has a pool and workout room. The staff we encountered were friendly and helpful. If we decide to head south again we would book a room here again.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Rygell17
Anita T, Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Wytheville, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Dear guest, we are pleased to know that your recent stay with us was overall satisfying. We value our guest comments and appreciate you taking the time to let us know how we are doing. We will look forward to your next visit :) Thanks again!

Reviewed 21 March 2014

I generally always stay at HOI or HOIE hotels because of rates, cleanliness and the included breakfast and almost always have a great experience. This was not one.. My family stopped here after a long day of travel coming home from FL to NY. When I registered the lady at the front desk gave me a high rate and I explained that I get a discount for being a Federal Employee, AAA member, etc. I was so tired I just signed and initialed and went to my room. They didn't even give me a receipt... When I got home I found that the charge was $185 !!!!! I normally pay $95. I called the hotel and was advised that the room rates were adjusted that weekend because there was a stock car race in nearby Bristol.. A car race... So the owner of the hotel blatantly price-gouged all the customers DOUBLE the normal rate because he could take advantage of a car race. Great practice ! Great Customer Service !

I called and spoke with Anita, the assistant GM, who was very nice. She spoke with the owner and called me back. No credit would be issued. Needless to say I'm very disappointed. I will definitely spread this news to my fellow business travelers and associates that pass through up and down the Atlantic corridor. None of them will ever stay at this hotel simply because of this practice. To treat customers like this is inexcusable. I hope that the measly $60 credit I asked for will help offset the 1-2 visits a month (a few $100 I guess) that this hotel will miss out on (based on me spreading the word to my circle) because of their price-gouging policy. I contacted HOI Corporate to voice my displeasure as well. I just can't believe that this policy would be allowed or encouraged by a corporation in today's world. Very disappointed. I'm actually considering not staying with a IHG hotel ever again just out of spite (how mature right ?). But I'm that disappointed.. I can always stay at a Microtel for about $49 and I think they include a small breakfast.

Now, as far as the actual room and stay experience, the room was so much smaller than what I'm accustomed to. There was no small central living area. It was just two beds and a bathroom. The beds were not very comfortable. My son couldn't sleep on his bed and I'll admit that mine was not comfortable either. The room was clean aside from some big red spots on the floor between the two beds (??). The breakfast was not as good as usual. They only had sausage (dry and overcooked with no flavor) and no bacon. (That's a sin !!!!!). I was a bit confused because all the HOIE breakfasts are the same but not here. No bacon.. Coffee was weak and the juice was pure sugar and pulp. I don't understand how this breakfast could have been so different than all the others I've grown accustomed to.

Room Tip: Go to the next exit and find a different hotel. The owner here is too cheap ! I'm sure he cuts...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank HipD3
Anita T, Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Wytheville, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2014

Dear guest, we apologize for the experience that you had at our hotel. We value your feedback and appreciate you taking the moment to let us know how we are doing. During the time that you stayed there was a special event in the area which indeed was the Bristol Race. Due to the demand for the area the rates were higher than usual. We do take into consideration what the other hotels are charging and surprisingly enough going to the next exit would not have made much difference. Just by driving around town even the gas stations increased there prices due to the race. When you arrive at our hotel the guest folio (which provides each guest detailed information on the room they reserved) is provided to each guest. The rate is disclosed and acknowledged by the guest when initialed. All guests have the opportunity to disagree if the rate appears to be incorrect or if they feel it is too high. We send our deepest apologies that you feel we "price gouged" but please know that it was never our intentions to do so. Thanks again for your feedback. Best regards, HIE

Reviewed 20 March 2014 via mobile

This hotel was nice and clean. It is surrounded by hills, beautiful scenery. There is not much to do in Wytheville, it's more for a stop over, for example if you a driving down south and you need to rest for the night.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Dear guest, we are pleased that your recent stay with us was overall satisfying. We value our guest feedback and appreciate you taking the moment to let us know how we are doing. We hope that when you return to our area you will be our guest again :) Thanks!

Reviewed 17 March 2014

I can't totally fault the hotel, but we did not sleep due to the very loud hallways. Doors kept slamming closed which woke us all up and people talking and walking in the hallways could be heard easily. Would be nice for the breakfast to have some fresh fruit options as well. No issues with the staff.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Anita T, Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Wytheville, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

Dear guest, we apologize for the noise that you encountered during your recent stay at our hotel. If in the future if you are experience this please contact the front desk and they will kindly remedy the problem. We want each of our guests to feel comfortable and rested when they leave and we will do whatever it takes to make that happen. We hope that you will return to our hotel knowing that we care and you matter to us :) Thank you for leaving your feedback and letting us know how your stay went.