We stayed 2 times this month, once on the way down to Myrtle Beach, and once on the way back. The stay on the way down was good. We arrived very late in the evening, were checked in promptly and found the room (307) to be refreshing and clean. The beds were comfortable and we rested nicely.
Our experience however was not quite the same. We arrived much earlier in the evening, were checked in promptly, but the room (309) was disappointing. The refrigerator didn't work. The desk clerk spoke kindly and said she would keep our gallon of milk in the hotel's fridge, or she could try to find a functioning fridge to replace it with, but she didn't know if she had one. . . . We opted to keep the milk and our pizza in the 15 degree van instead. The next day I spoke to a different person at the desk about the water stains and our disappointment about the room. She wrote down the damage, and said that yeah, they had had a water leak and were getting ready to paint. But that is all she said.
As we were packing to leave that morning, about 9:30 a.m. one of the housekeeping staff just opened up the room door and came in without knocking. She stood there and said, oh, I'm sorry, they told me you already left.
I sent an email on Saturday morning to express my disappointment at paying the same rate for a room that contained broken equipment and stained ceilings and curtains as I did for a room in good condition. It is almost noon on Monday, and I have received nothing in response.
Were my review based on the first stay only, it would be much higher, as it is based on a 2 stay experience, I have to say the bad outweighed the good. Next time we are traveling through the area, I don't think we will take the chance on this establishment.
If you choose to stay here, just be aware, if there are problems, they are likely not going to be fixed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally located at the northern junction of Interstate 81 and Interstate 77 near Wytheville Golf Club is our Comfort Suites(R) hotel in Wytheville, VA where you'll have a memorable Virginia getaway. When planning your Virginia vacation, be sure to add these popular destinations near our smoke-free all-suites hotel in Wytheville to your itinerary: Wytheville Community College George Washington & Jefferson National Forests Fort Chiswell Animal Park Take care of basic business needs with access to copy and fax services, and meeting space that can accommodate a variety of events and functions. For added convenience, guest laundry facilities are available. Additional amenities at our Wytheville hotel include: Free WiFi Free weekday newspaper Indoor pool Exercise room Get going with a great breakfast. Start your morning in Wytheville with our free hot breakfast offering everything from eggs, waffles and meat to healthy options like yogurt and fresh fruit. All guest rooms feature refrigerators, microwaves, TVs, coffee makers and hair dryers. Keep your electronic devices charged with the recharge device including AC and USB outlets provided in all guest rooms. At Comfort Suites, we offer you a hotel designed to meet the demands of business travel or a relaxing vacation. Wytheville, VA hotels like ours give you everything you need during your stay to ensure you leave feeling refreshed and ready for a successful day ahead. Book now! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline, Choice Hotels, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Comfort Suites Wytheville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Suites Wytheville Hotel Wytheville
- Wytheville Comfort Suites