“Not good, but not the worst”

Red Roof Inn & Suites Wytheville
Ranked #12 of 20 Hotels in Wytheville
Reviewed 9 September 2011

My family and I stayed a this hotel using the Pricelne 'fare chopper' discount on the way to NC. It's not the worst hotel experience I've ever had, but there are some issues:

Pros:
*Clean Rooms
*Large Size Room
*Large Bathtub
*Not terrible parking
*New Mattress
*Quiet location

Cons:
*AC didn't work properly
*NO hairdryer in room
*Nightclerk answered cell phone while talking to customer
*Dayclerk was BAREFOOT behind the counter
*Continental breakfast was three types of very small danish with terrible juice that even my 3 year old didn't like
*When we arrived there was a chair on the bed and trash cans on the table where the cleaning staff didn't put them away when finished.
*Queen bed was actuall a double bed
*No extra blanket available at 11pm

If you're looking to stay in Wytheville and spend less than 50 bucks, this isn't a terrible hotel, just be mindful of the things above and make a smart choice.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank crimstidt

Reviewed 26 August 2011

This was my 2nd stay here and each time my check in was after midnight, the front desk clerk is very nice and helpful, I never caught her name because I was tired from driving all night. She offered us a late check out for the next day, but I didnt need it.
The room was clean, beds comfortable enough. Its one of the better places to stop for the night in Wytheville Va. I will keep coming back :)

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank TravelSwiss2009
Reviewed 7 August 2011

so cheap how can I complain. $70 bucks for two room queen suite. Plenty of room for 3 kids and two adults. But.... a bit dirty due to gravel sidewalks that you tracked into the room. They must go through vacuums like crazy here. The 'courtyard' looked like they used to have an outdoor pool and now it's just a place for people to let their dogs poop!!!!
Ok it's a Red Roof. So you get what you get... No real issues or problems just would not want to spend much awake time here!!!!!

Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank edjChardon_OH
Reviewed 29 July 2011

Going to and from our destination my dog and I stayed here. The staff were very friendly and efficient. The room was very clean. I also, as a woman travelling solo, felt very safe. There was a large area out back to walk and play with my dog that was well taken care off (only came across a few unpicked up poops). I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo
3  Thank taconista
Reviewed 24 June 2011

Room could not adequately serve a family of 4. Bath towels were the size of hand towels. Shampoo came in a squeeze-type ketchup packet, not enough for one person, let alone 4. While the room appeared clean, it had a peculiar unpleasant odor. The air was noisy and had to be shut off. Our bathroom doorknob kept getting stuck so you couldn't open it if you closed the door tightly. Bedsheets were scratchy. We were told there would be a continental breakfast to find coffee and muffins only, not even milk. Night staff was very friendly, morning was not.

Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank littlereporter
Reviewed 13 June 2011

The quality is pretty good for the price. Rooms are clean. WiFi is basically non existent. Would probably stay again

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 April 2011

First the room was like a mile from where you check in. The place looks run down and so do the rooms. The heater wouldn't raise the temperature above 60. Weeks ahead I booked a smoking room and ended up in a non smoking room, I realized this after I lit up a cigarette and couldn't find an ashtray. They let me smoke anyway. The only thing good I can say is that I got a good nights sleep. Maybe I'm a northeast snob but I can do much better in New York/New Jersey than I got here in the sticks for the money. Last time I'll try to save a couple bucks and end up in a dump like this.

Room Tip: Don't bother