“Terrible”

Red Roof Inn & Suites Wytheville
Ranked #12 of 20 Hotels in Wytheville
Reviewed 16 July 2013

Traveling home, we called in advance for a room for a night. Upon checking in, we went to out room to find another family had been given the same room. So we went to the front desk to get another room. My wife used the bathroom only to find the yoilet tank was empty and would not flush. Back to the front desk for our 3rd room in about 15 minutes. What incompetence. The good news, my boys got plenty of exercise walking up and down the steps and the bill of $90 some dollars averaged out to about $30 a room.

Room Tip: Avoid at all cost.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Bill S
Russell S, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Wytheville, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2013

I'm sorry to hear about your terrible experience. I will personally look into these issues to see what steps we could have took for this not to happen and retrain my staff appropriately to insure this does not happen again. I want to thank you for taking the time to bring this to my attention so that it could be resolved and if there is anything else I can do please feel free to call or email me at 276-223-1700 or i0680@redroof.com.
We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 13 July 2013

I stayed here a couple weeks ago on the way to georgia.The rooms were clean , the staff were very friendly and helpful.Its in a good safe location,stayed an extra night i liked it so much.Hope to stay there again on my next vacation.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo

I'm glad to hear your stay was great. My staff and I both want to thank you for the wonderful compliments and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 2 July 2013

I always like to stay at Red Roof's when I can and this one was not a disappointment. After traveling all day check in was quick and the staff was friendly. Our room was clean and quiet. We will definetly stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Russell S, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Wytheville, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2013

We are glad to hear your stay was good. Thank you for the woderful review. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 24 June 2013

My friends and myself were traveling to Bonnaroo from Vermont and stayed the night at the Red Roof after a 13 hour drive. This place was so clean and friendly and comfortable. It included a free continental breakfast and wifi. Internet connection was fast and clear, air conditioning worked beautifully on a hot summer night, and the front desk staff was extremely welcoming and kind (especially since we checked in at 3 in the morning). I would reccomend this Inn to anyone, especially those looking for a comfy place to stay on a long trip. Oh and it was super super clean!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for the compliments, we are glad to hear your stay was clean and comfortable. I will share the compliments with my staff. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 21 June 2013

I did not get to stay at this hotel earlier this week. But... After a 12 hour drive, I was greeted with a smile. After a few minutes of searching, we discovered I made my reservation for the wrong night. (Oh no!). That's ok - we'll take care of you right now. (Yay!). However, we have no hot water (oh no!) we an accommodate you next door at La Quinta if you'd prefer (yay!) and at the same rate as your [incorrect] reservation. (Yay/ wow!) and they are pet friendly also so your dog is more than welcome.
I've had issues in the past at other chains and been put out on the curb. WAY TO GO Red Roof. Thanks for your kindness & assistance!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank TrudyGinsburg

We are glad to hear you had great customer service and I will gladly share this with my staff. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 16 June 2013

The hotel staff was so helpful and friendly. The room was clean and the beds were comfortable and the Wi-Fi worked great - at no extra charge. The breakfast buffet had just enough variety, cereal, fruit, muffins, juice. We would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Sheryl D
Russell S, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Wytheville, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2013

Thank you for the compliments and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 14 June 2013

Absolutely a fantastic value ! Recently traveled home from Savannah with 3 adults and 2 kids under 10. We got a "suite" with 2 double beds and a pull-out sofa (also a double) for less than $80 (before taxes). Room was very clean. Easy access to restaurants. You can walk to Cracker Barrel, probabaly to Bob Evans. Must drive to Shoneys. Stunning views of the Mountains. Easy access back to the highway. Staff is very friendly. Nothing fancy here but certainly comfortable. We have stayed several times at this hotel. Just remember to request a blow dryer as they are available at the desk but not left in the rooms.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for the wonderful review. we are glad you enjoyed your stay and the veiw from the hotel. I will pass along the compliments to my staff as we work hard to be friendly and make every one happy. We look forward to seeing you again soon.