“Frequent this location”

Red Roof Inn & Suites Wytheville
Ranked #12 of 20 Hotels in Wytheville
“Frequent this location”
Reviewed 3 March 2014

I live in Mississippi & my son's father lives in New York. We meet in Virginia for my son to go with him for visitations. So I actually stop at this hotel location every couple months. I usually get there at night, and the same woman is always there. She is very pleasant & remembers my face now, asks me how I've been etc. The rooms have always been clean and I don't really have much complaints there. There is no hair dryer, which is inconvenient, but oh well. Sometimes I feel like it's a bit pricey for the value of the rooms, but sometimes I can luck out with a good deal on a room. Usually runs me around $55 at the cheapest for a 2 full bedroom. Continental breakfast is really limited, but they have coffee so that's all I really care about. It's right off the highway and in a safe area. And it has a good view of the mountains in the morning. Overall, I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2013
Russell S, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Wytheville, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
Thank you for the wonderful review. I'm glad to hear that we are your frequent stop along this section of the interstate.
We hope to see you again soon.

Russell

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Victoria Harbour, Canada
Reviewed 30 January 2014

We stayed one evening, a great first day stop over when travelling from the Northern States or Southern Ontario.

Courteous service and very friendly, great bed and relaxing, Close to several good/fast food restaurants.

Air conditioner/heater is a bit noisy, but not unbearable.

All in all a most pleasant stay at very reasonable and affordable prices. We will patronize this establishment again and highly recommend it.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Youngstown, Ohio
Reviewed 13 January 2014

This time through Wytheville ,Va. we tried out the Red Roof inn . We had a very nice stay , the room was clean and fresh. They are e free pet FRIENDLY. Plus have coffee and a breakfast in the morning . They are close to most of the restaurants in the area. If you get a room in the back you get no road noise . They could use flat screen TV's. and a table in the room we where in .

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Russell S, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Wytheville, responded to this review, 22 January 2014
Thank you for the review. We are pleased that your stay was good and the room was clean.

Lakeland, Florida
Reviewed 5 January 2014 via mobile

We are traveling with four kids and a pet so we needed a clean room with good sleeping arrangements. It suited our needs and each room had a tv. The mattress on the pull out has seen better days but overall it was clean and a modest place to stay after a long trip. The breakfast was muffins, coffee, juice, milk, hot chocolate and dry cereal. The staff was pleasant to us when we needed extra towels. I think the blankets are due to be replaced but the room was warm enough using the digital thermostat and you could regulate it on the sleeper couch side or the side of the suite with the two beds. The counter in the bathroom was updated but overall it was a modest, no frills accommodation. Most important to me was it was clean.

• Stayed January 2014
Russell S, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Wytheville, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Thank you for the review. We are glad to hear that your stay was good and room was clean.

Reviewed 7 December 2013 via mobile

Very clean room. Free fast internet.Old looking decor. No frills, old crt TV, no iron, one soap and one shampoo. The area was safe, but the door to the room, needed painting. It wouldn't have been a place to stay, but the price seemed high for what you received. One night was $69.00.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Russell S, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Wytheville, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Thank you for the pleasant review. We are glad to hear your room was clean I will look into getting the entrance door repainted.

Russell Simpson
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed 27 November 2013

The room looked ok but not as updated as some other Red Roof Inns.
I woke in the morning covered in bug bites in excess of 75. I informed the front desk and showed them the bites, to which they said they would call the pest control company.
I understand that this is a growing problem but at least they should have given me a free night.
I talked to the owner who said he would have his insurance company call me, no one did.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bruce T
Russell S, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Wytheville, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
As we discussed over the phone we have had our pest control company come out and do a detailed inspection with no signs of any pest, insects, or bed bugs. we have treated the room as a pre cautionary measure. I was unaware that you wanted to speak to the pest control company. I will let him know or you can contact them as well. J.B. Syndicate LLC. Mr. Arthur Johnson was the inspector during this case 276-228-4475.

Niagara Falls, New York
Reviewed 15 November 2013

Staff very friendly and very helpful check in fast and easy received discount for my military ID
heater in room worked very good quite and warmed room very fast
bathroom and room clean
nice local near restaurants and interstate

Room Tip: rooms not facing highway very quiet