“Improved service”

Red Roof Inn & Suites Wytheville
Ranked #12 of 20 Hotels in Wytheville
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Staff was polite; breakfast a little sketchy but filling. Needed some fresh fruit. Room clean; will return. The Internet went off for a short time, due to our storm, but was quickly restored. Had no problem finding an area to walk my dog and it was a genuinely good experience including with the housekeepers.
I will stay there again.

Room Tip: Get one on first floor facing the green (I was in the corner.)
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Comfortable, clean, quiet the night we were here, and dog-friendly made this Red Roof Inn a good choice. This is an older property but it looked to have been recently renewed - the furnishings appeared nearly new. Staff were friendly and helpful.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Think of a square donut. Outside rooms and inside( but not interior- not in a building.) rooms. You must park in front of the outer rooms and wall a short hall to the inner rooms. Very pitted because of potholes in textured walk. The sidewalk is bordered on one side by a drop off, not steep but enough if someone disabled or older accidently topples. I cannot understand why there are no railings! Imagine juggling kids and luggage walking to a room. This is a clean but old hotel. we travel this way every year and this exit is the half way point but have now decided to go to the next exit because the hotels and the odd roads are just not worth it.

Room Tip: do not stay in interior rooms!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

We stopped here after long day of driving was thinking this Red roof inn would be cheap with our AAA discount. Wrong waited In a long line for well over 20 mins checked in gave us wrong room number very old outdated hotel smelled the way up the stairs from someone room. Got in the room which was very clean I will say that about this place was the room was very clean. The bed hurt my neck back all night long the ac/heater made so much noise all night would stay again if update.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank tol419
Russell S, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Wytheville, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

I'm sorry to hear that the beds hurt your neck. We do put a lot of time in researching our compititors rates and I feel like we are very compititive with our room rates. Thank you for the compliment of the cleanliness of the room.

We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 11 May 2014

Red Roof again has offered exceptional value! Easy on and off the main highway, newly renovated, comfortable bed, friendly staff, very quiet even on the weekend, well lit ample parking, great shower pressure, and very clean. With free internet included, you cannot beat this hotel location. It is also very close to many restaurants. Definitely a do again when traveling in the area. Breakfast is very minimal, but not an issue.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Russell S, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Wytheville, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. I apologize about the sheets and matress pad bunching up during the night.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

Clean and comfortable, a really pleasant surprise. We were just looking for a place to crash on a road trip, almost exactly half the cost of the motel next door, so we didn't expect such a well appointed room. Great staff too.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and felt that it is worht the value of money spent.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

I stayed here on 5/8/2014 in room 121. This was one fantastic motel for the money. I believe the room was recently remodeled. It was clean, attractive and comfortable. The view of the mountains from some rooms and around the grounds is gorgeous. This inn is very convenient to I75 and I belive I81--it's right off I75. There are many restaurants and fast food places near by. the staff was very nice and helpful. And best of all Red Roof Inns don't charge for your pet---hey other chains. get with it!!!!!!!!!!!! The only criticism I have is that they don't use fitted mattress pads or bottom sheets which cause both to bunch up through the night, but not THAT big a deal.

This was one great experience.

Room Tip: Mine was 121 and great but no views of the mountains. Some rooms do have views and that would be aw...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo